More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:49:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 235950 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #375 on: 2008 July 14, 20:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HOWEVER! I'm pretty sure that placed hack objects do not automatically update BHAVs, so if you, for example, download an updated FFS debugger, you should sell and re-buy the debugger on that lot.

O rly? I never have. I just get new options or re-arranged options or whatever on the batman or macro box whenever I update my hacks.

You have to sell and re-buy hacked objects only if BHAVs like "Function - Init" are changed, which are called the moment the hacked object is selected from the catalogue. Like my mesh replacement for FFS debugger.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2008 July 14, 21:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still wish it was less ridiculously easy to obtain and maintain romantic relationships.

NL added the attraction system and it's not even useful. The "dating game" is absolutely no challenge. By the time the relationship is high enough for a sim to say yes to a date request, the whole relationship is already in the bag. Sims can have absolutely nothing in common, be disgusted by each other, and still fall in love, get married and procreate. You don't even need to interfere before or beyond clicking *get married*.

You need noinstantloves and the romancemod, both found here in the FFS directories (or definitely in the director's cut).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2008 July 16, 05:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a way to allow a step-parent to adopt a spouse's child without severing the family relationship with the birth parents or removing them from the family tree. Ideally it would give a unique memory as well--something suitably sim-sappy such as, "Adopted xxx--now my beloved's child is my child too."

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2008 July 16, 14:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I was building last night, I was really wishing for something that forced the game to keep track of the value of the house as you build. Whenever I'm on a budget, I always go over and I hate having to exit out into the neighborhood to check.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2008 July 16, 15:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

leaths, are you pre-OFB? I thought all packs since OFB (though it might be another pack, can't remember ATM) have the little house button in the upper left corner that you can click to check the value. Buy/Build modes only.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2008 July 16, 16:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I'm using the Community Time project, my sims can't take a vacation without having the days off or vacation days. It take sims forever to earn vacation time even with the aspiration point thing.  I would like a mod or some way for my sims to earn vacation time faster. 

I didn't think the CTP affected the home lot time on return from vacation. It doesn't in my game. I know it was suggested in the CTP thread, but I didn't think it had been implemented. Have you actually experienced this?

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2008 July 16, 19:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

leaths, are you pre-OFB? I thought all packs since OFB (though it might be another pack, can't remember ATM) have the little house button in the upper left corner that you can click to check the value. Buy/Build modes only.

Shocked No, not pre-OFB, just unobservant stupid. I never clicked on that button because I just assumed it had something to do with the help menu. Believe me, it was worth looking like a fool just to find this out.

Baaaa!
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2008 July 17, 12:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked No, not pre-OFB, just unobservant stupid. I never clicked on that button because I just assumed it had something to do with the help menu. Believe me, it was worth looking like a fool just to find this out.

Baaaa!

Insert obvious joke about assuming things here.   Wink

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2008 July 17, 13:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking specifically of Inge's key hack and the one that keeps customers from whining about objects behind a gate.

Can you please remember which hack does that? The gate whiners annoy me to no end, especially when the majority of them are penniless freeloaders who wouldn't buy anything but just stand there complaining they can't flop into the shopkeeper's pool or waterballoon their kid.  Angry

What I want, is "No autonomous single Lobster Termidor, EVER" hack. Oh, and more, more, MORE, variety of painful deaths for those "Oh, I feel just a wee leettle tiny weeny itsy bitsy hungry, let's concoct the Termidor, yay!" numbskulls.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2008 July 17, 13:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you please remember which hack does that? The gate whiners annoy me to no end, especially when the majority of them are penniless freeloaders who wouldn't buy anything but just stand there complaining they can't flop into the shopkeeper's pool or waterballoon their kid.  Angry
Authorized Personnel Only will set all the "invisibility" bits for a room if you shiftclick on it, but not all object interactions respect this and you frequently can encounter repeated headbanging anyway. It helps to get the Pool Hack, though. This will greatly reduce the obnoxiously inappropriate "strip-and-swim" behaviors.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2008 July 17, 13:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need noinstantloves and the romancemod, both found here in the FFS directories (or definitely in the director's cut).

Have had them since they they became available. Wink
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2008 July 17, 14:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking specifically of Inge's key hack and the one that keeps customers from whining about objects behind a gate.

"NO UNSETTING ROUTEBLOCK FLAGS", found about a third of the way down on this page: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Doors.htm

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: 2008 July 17, 14:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Authorized Personnel Only will set all the "invisibility" bits for a room if you shiftclick on it, but not all object interactions respect this and you frequently can encounter repeated headbanging anyway.

I use both Inge's "No Unsetting Routeblock Flags" and APO's invisibility. They can cut down the amount of whining significantly, but as Pescado says they are not perfect. That's where No Autonomous hacks come into the game.

dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2008 July 18, 08:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baa!  Grin One question - says there in  APO's rtfm, it can be placed outside the room. Does that mean it can control the fenced and locked outside territory? Because it's normally it that attracts swarms of freeloaders, especially if there's a hottub or a chess table. I've tested the team of those two hacks yesterday and had one broke whiner still, but then long time no see pregnancy crash ruined my experiment, so results aren't reliable, I suppose.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: 2008 July 18, 13:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that mean it can control the fenced and locked outside territory?

Yes, as long as the area is properly fenced and can be locked with a gate, APO will work fine outside. I put APO in all my greenhouses/orchards so that I can prevent the gardener from entering while my Sims are building Gardening badge. As soon as I finish skilling, I unlock the APO so that I can leave the plants to gardeners again.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2008 July 18, 16:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only use Inge's hack, not APO, though I'm thinking about switching now that I'm trying to do three townhouses on a lot and I'm having trouble keeping my playables in the right place without restricting visitors.

On my one semi-open business lot (home and small hair salon), Inge's hack helped keep whining down quite a bit, but not perfectly. Finally, I realized that the hack was keeping them from envying the telescope, but some were still wanting the livingroom TV. I put a small TV in the salon, and all are happy now. They also spend more time inside the salon than outside chatting.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2008 July 22, 13:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right now I'm playing my entire neighbourhood's YA population through Uni together, and the constant Gerbitz!brigade of mascots & cheerleaders has placed new item at the top of my Wish List: the option to Sucker Punch. I'm thinking of a hack that allows player-directed "Fight... Attack" without all the shove/slap foreplay usually required to "unlock" this interaction. 'Cause I don't want an evening-long shove-and-cry fest; I just want to kick that llama's ass.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2008 July 23, 12:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge's "fight anyone anytime" will do. Still works for FT+IKEA, though haven't used on Uni characters. One exception: burglar.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2008 July 26, 07:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No autonomous nature interactions (no birdwatching, no catching bugs)
No autonomous dirty joke

These two exist. Look at Inge's site for the nature interactions and in this thread for the no dirty jokes hack.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2008 July 28, 16:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love the option to remove any of the eaxis walls/floors that I never use in the game -- which is about 90 percent of them. 
There are several wall/floor hiders out there, as well as Maxis clothing hiders, which should accomplish this effect. I believe there are a couple on MTS2 - and you might check out the Peasantry here as well.

Squinge's "fight anyone anytime" will do. Still works for FT+IKEA, though haven't used on Uni characters. One exception: burglar.
My google-fu has been sadly weaksauce on this one. Found several references to it, as well as outdated links, but not the mod itself. Any idea where I might acquire this sparkly gem?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2008 July 28, 19:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My google-fu has been sadly weaksauce on this one. Found several references to it, as well as outdated links, but not the mod itself. Any idea where I might acquire this sparkly gem?

It's in the squinge section of Sims2 Graveyard, in the relationship_family_dating_stuff category.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2008 July 28, 19:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just thought of something else I really want:  a Slacker career for cats. I think it's kind of obscene to make cats get jobs anyway--I wouldn't do it at all if it weren't for legacy rules--but if they have to "work," why not as Slackers?  Mine go into Show Business as the next best thing.

PB

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2008 July 28, 19:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in the squinge section of Sims2 Graveyard, in the relationship_family_dating_stuff category.
Dagnabbit! I do have squinge's section there in my bookmarks and looked - I had erroneously believed - all over the damn place for this. Apparently missed the r_f_d_stuff category. Thanks for the roadmap.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2008 July 28, 20:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome - I can remember it so easily because I think that putting a fight anyone hack into the dating category is funny Cheesy.

Also on my wish list: A "no autonomous lounging" hack. It went a bit overboard since FT.

femsuii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2008 July 29, 08:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A hack that hides the plumbbob. I know you can use a cheat (plumbbobToggle off), but it's annoying to typ it in everytime and it doesn't work in the startup cheat Angry
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: