More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:30:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237159 times)
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #325 on: 2008 July 01, 21:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a mod that changes the sheets when the maid comes.  It's boring that they never change.
lolwhut? Do you mean you want the bedding itself to be different, or are you asking for him/her to do the laundry?

Yeah, I suppose he/she meant that every other day when the maid makes the beds the bedding should change (but how? randomly?) as if she actually changed the sheets or something.

Dive in!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2008 July 01, 21:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I can't decide whether this is a request for texture/appearance changes (design tool FTW) or a whole added kaboodle of animations to indicate sheet-changing (complete with maid pulling new sheets our of his/her ass. Which is exactly where I keep my clean laundry. Don't you?).

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2008 July 01, 21:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think ramseyazad is just looking for something that will automatically change the bed to a different sheet/blanket color (a la design tool) when the maid makes the bed.

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2008 July 01, 21:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(complete with maid pulling new sheets our of his/her ass. Which is exactly where I keep my clean laundry. Don't you?).

Don't we all? (Not to mention mops, pairs of shears etc etc Cheesy )

Dive in!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2008 July 02, 00:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And don't forget the hardcover novels and fishing poles. Loads of storage space in the average ass.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2008 July 02, 06:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow and I thought it was a stupid idea.  It'd just be nice if the bedding changed when the maid made the beds, as impossible as it seems like it may be.  Would also be cool if the sims woke up in the morning and changed clothes, although the whole bodyshape thing complicates that.  Isn't anyone else disturbed that your sims wear the same undies day in, day out, unless you make them change?  And where did the $@%@%@%#%ing tooltips go? 

"Google search is your friend; TwoJeffs has had that mod available for years now.  You can find it over on simbology."

Do you mean the less belching and farting mod?  I couldn't find one over there that stopped kids from playing on the mic.  As far as I can tell that mod keeps them from being annoying at the dinner table, and I've had it for a long time.  I do wish I myself could fart a green cloud, however.  That would be awesome.

I did think of another wish - I want to be able to recolor clothing without going cross-eyed.  Screw body shop, with the loading and the tiny pictures of all the clothing and the not actually knowing what mesh goes with what.   It takes me half a day to find (steal) a neat texture and then apply it to all my different bodyshape meshes.  There must be a way to make some kind of batch-process-thingamabob to do this quicker than the tedious way.  And of course, I never upload any of it because it disappears into the ether of the mysterious way the things get named in the projects folder, so I'd have no idea what I uploaded if I tried, let alone what file got what mesh/color etc.  It's just a big mess, and worse now that CAS and tooltips are messed up.  Needs a magic wand. 
« Last Edit: 2008 July 02, 07:40:23 by BastDawn » Logged
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2008 July 02, 07:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Double-posting is considered rude here, so, if you please, next time use the "edit" button.

Also, the teleprompter mod is located here.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2008 July 02, 10:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never upload any of it because it disappears into the ether of the mysterious way the things get named in the projects folder, so I'd have no idea what I uploaded if I tried,

the files get named them with a string of numbers before the name you gave them (you can rename them/remove the string of numbers) and Bodyshop saves them to the SavedSims folder and those are the files you would upload.
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2008 July 02, 18:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well dang, if I aren't an asanine airhead. . .
CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2008 July 02, 21:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish there were a mod to randomly get a monogamous Romance sim, so "romance" would stop being synonymous with "town whore". Say 50 to 70% of the time, while still getting the occasional skank, just fewer of them. Can't a sim still want a ton of romantic interactions without wanting them with every single (and engaged, and married) sim they meet? True, you can get monogamy from a Family sim - most of the time - but that automatically opens the flood door of babyland, which a lot of times, I don't want. More chance for positive "get engaged/married" wants, less "flirt/kiss/woohoo total stranger" wants.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2008 July 03, 01:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to be able to have individual roof colors - especially if a copper roof were available.  I'm really not interested in those purple roofs...

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2008 July 03, 01:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh? I've never seen a single purple roof. And the game does have a variety of colours from which to choose. Do you mean you wish to give a different roof colour to buildings on the same lot, or have you just not found the "roof colours" section?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2008 July 03, 01:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't a sim still want a ton of romantic interactions without wanting them with every single (and engaged, and married) sim they meet?
Answer: By default, no. Sims do, in fact, insist on wanting to flirt with everything in sight, REGARDLESS of aspiration or relational status. wfsanity clears this up. Otherwise, the only thing that works is celibacy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2008 July 03, 04:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have always wanted new turn-on/offs, i.e.  sims with babies, sims with lots of children, married sims, sims with issues (low aspirations), sims who are good fishermen, etc.  college grads, teens, elders (can sort of do that with grey hair) some sims could be turned on by pregnancy, all kinds of neat things could be done. 
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2008 July 03, 18:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't be done. Turns-on/off are apparently hardcoded.

I'd, personally, like a hack in which all of the Awesomeland sims' coded behaviours could be assigned with a set of tokens, so you could, for example, find a sim, click on them, and be able to, from the pie menu, make them produce Brynne-level peeage and the like. Of course, this is probably not possible.

I would also find it very awesome if the robbery routine would, before picking/spawning a burglar npc (and later a policeman npc), check for existing sims in the criminal and law enforcement career paths and use them. It just makes sense, to me at least.

ETA: Oh yeah, and zombies should be able to run. They should shamble as their normal "walk", but also be able to run.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2008 July 04, 05:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the fights should start a mini-game, so instead of being annoyed by having the whole house running to watch a cloud of rolling-around morons, you could actually waste some time and change the pace a little bit by playing punch-out ("body blow!").  It'd be great to see sims bleed sometimes, or get bruises when they get beat up.   I've also always fantasized about a sims2-based FPS, for when the neigborhood has gotten just too many dang sims in it and they all want to help grow up the baby at the same time.  I often wish for things which are impossible.  How come in simcity, the aliens fly around making craters everywhere, and in sims2 they just abduct people and impregnate them?  Wouldn't it be cool if every once in a while, the aliens just left a crater where the telescope was?
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2008 July 05, 10:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to be able to centre a single tile door between two tiles. I like symmetry. Ideally it would be easier than using boolprop snapobjectstogrid false (although if that would work, I'd settle) and more like the ease for 45 degree angle and multi-object placement.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2008 July 05, 10:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ideally it would be easier than using boolprop snapobjectstogrid false (although if that would work, I'd settle)

Actually, I think that you can't place doors or windows at all with snapobjectstogrid turned to false, they keep showing red wherever you place them, so that's not an option.

Dive in!
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2008 July 05, 11:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ideally it would be easier than using boolprop snapobjectstogrid false (although if that would work, I'd settle)

Actually, I think that you can't place doors or windows at all with snapobjectstogrid turned to false, they keep showing red wherever you place them, so that's not an option.

That's what I said. snapobjectstogrid does NOT work. If it did, I'd stop complaining, even though it's extremely clunky and awkward to use.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2008 July 05, 11:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd, personally, like a hack in which all of the Awesomeland sims' coded behaviours could be assigned with a set of tokens, so you could, for example, find a sim, click on them, and be able to, from the pie menu, make them produce Brynne-level peeage and the like. Of course, this is probably not possible.
Hah! You just wish you had Awesomeland! But no, to completely implement Awesomeland's behaviors, you'd need to fully replace core files. This is not suitable for a hack release, and thus AWESOMELAND will always remain MORE AWESOME THAN YOU.

I would also find it very awesome if the robbery routine would, before picking/spawning a burglar npc (and later a policeman npc), check for existing sims in the criminal and law enforcement career paths and use them. It just makes sense, to me at least.
The Burglar and Policeman run internal code routines that are not part of the "normal" sim, similar to how Awesomeland sims work. thus, normal sims lack these codes and can never execute them.

ETA: Oh yeah, and zombies should be able to run. They should shamble as their normal "walk", but also be able to run.
Zombies don't run! You've been watching that lame movie, haven't you?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2008 July 05, 16:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah! You just wish you had Awesomeland! But no, to completely implement Awesomeland's behaviors, you'd need to fully replace core files. This is not suitable for a hack release, and thus AWESOMELAND will always remain MORE AWESOME THAN YOU.

The Burglar and Policeman run internal code routines that are not part of the "normal" sim, similar to how Awesomeland sims work. thus, normal sims lack these codes and can never execute them.
I figured these two weren't possible. Sucks, though.
Of course, this is mainly because EAxis is PHAIL. Every routine in a game should be fully replaceable by anyone who knows how. Stuff shouldn't be hidden and inaccessible to modders - if the programming language will let you do it, it should be possible. Alas, EAxis does not agree.

Zombies don't run! You've been watching that lame movie, haven't you?
What lame movie? I don't watch crappy horror flicks. Even if I did watch them, I wouldn't like them, as H. P. Lovecraft's work is infinitely better than any other. I just get annoyed by the slowness, which is why I refuse to install Zombie Apocalypse, despite the inherent awesomeness of it.

ETA: My biggest wish? An awesome version of the Kitten Killer. Because, y'know, I like kittens - but I'm also impatient and want to get the next generation started ASAP.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 05, 17:17:46 by Tsenatserix » Logged

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2008 July 05, 18:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a hack that makes shy sims actually act like Introverts. Their social should go down when they interact with other sims, and go up over time as they stay by themselves. Writing in a diary can expedite this.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2008 July 05, 19:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a hack that makes shy sims actually act like Introverts. Their social should go down when they interact with other sims, and go up over time as they stay by themselves. Writing in a diary can expedite this.

I too would like shy sims to actually be shy. Something I've contemplated that might be a little easier to code (and is true for introverted me anyway) would be for the social to rise normally but the comfort to fall proportionately to the situation--a precipitous drop when interacting with a stranger or several sims at once, such as at a party, no drop when interacting with a household member. That would avoid messing with all the set relationship behaviours while still adding a (small) dose or realism.

Millie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2008 July 05, 20:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if it's already been done, so I apologise if it has. My knowledge of what's out there and what is compatible with what, is scanty at best.
I would like a hack that enables a sim to call all friends (or everyone in phonebook) one after another, instead of having to physically make them do it.

I know, I'm lazy.
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: 2008 July 05, 20:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if it's already been done, so I apologise if it has. My knowledge of what's out there and what is compatible with what, is scanty at best.
I would like a hack that enables a sim to call all friends (or everyone in phonebook) one after another, instead of having to physically make them do it.

I know, I'm lazy.
That one has been done, and it's on this site.

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: