More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:37:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237194 times)
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #300 on: 2008 June 26, 00:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Yeah, it's somewhere I linked to a couple of posts above.

Dive in!
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2008 June 26, 19:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That also looks good, but not what I'm using in my game.  I was talking about a mod of the Maxis coatrack that came with the Seasons EP, so it's not a custom object.  The original only had options to change into outerwear, but some smart modder added all the dresser options to it so it's actually, like not so fail?

Lemme see if I can find it in my DL folder...
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2008 June 26, 21:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, sorry for the passive aggressive response then. Embarrassed

*makes mental note: reread posts before replying to them*

Dive in!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2008 June 26, 21:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of my romance & pleasure sims used to roll up a want to slip into something more comfortable when they got home from work, and I haven't seen that want for a while now - probably because they're not coming home in work clothes.  I don't have any hacks affecting wants in my game at the moment, so it's not wfsanity or something similar that's stopping the want from rolling up.
That want isn't even part of wfsanity. SO YOU SHOULD INSTALL IT! Stupid Kyna.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2008 June 27, 02:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Taking wfsanity out of my game was part of my relaxation of the iron control I used to subject my sims to.

I used to not allow them free will, and wonder why I was never getting accidental deaths.  I used to max out all skills as a child and then complain that they hit the top of their careers too early (even with harderjobs).  All my sims were graduating with the same 4.0 GPA - there weren't any average ones or failures among them.

A month or two back I decided to relax some of my control, let my sims have free will and play to their wants and fears, rather than trying to make all my sims fit into the same "this is a game and I must achieve a perfect score" mould.  Unfortunately I'm still not getting accidental deaths - apart from those who get an unlucky roll on my random death policy - but I'm enjoying this new style of gameplay.

The only wants I'm getting without wfsanity that really annoy me are that stupid marco polo want and the desire to blog/talk about/do hobbies when they get up in the morning.  The panel-hogging hobby wants were happening with wfsanity in my game, so wfsanity wouldn't fix that anyway.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ravenwaift
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2008 June 27, 04:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That also looks good, but not what I'm using in my game.  I was talking about a mod of the Maxis coatrack that came with the Seasons EP, so it's not a custom object.  The original only had options to change into outerwear, but some smart modder added all the dresser options to it so it's actually, like not so fail?

I think this may be what you are talking about: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=225251
It has a shop-at-home function and operates like a normal dresser.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2008 June 27, 05:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, MaryLou & Numenor came out with 2 mods of the coatrack. One is the "Shop at Home" and the other is the "Any Wear":

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=225252
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2008 June 27, 06:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Taking wfsanity out of my game was part of my relaxation of the iron control I used to subject my sims to.
wfsanity isn't really a control factor at all. It's more a sanity check so that sim wants will actually be relevant or make sense, rather than being garbage.

The only wants I'm getting without wfsanity that really annoy me are that stupid marco polo want and the desire to blog/talk about/do hobbies when they get up in the morning.  The panel-hogging hobby wants were happening with wfsanity in my game, so wfsanity wouldn't fix that anyway.
Those are unfortunately check-tree-less, so refuse to die and can't be overridden. wfsanity will also resolve a whole host of other similar stupidities, such as "interaction with nonexistent people", and the never-to-be-sufficiently-accursed talk to->random flirt chain.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2008 June 27, 07:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like some of the less sane wants.  Why would I want my sims to be sane?  Real people don't always have sane relevant goals that make sense.  Real people may also attempt to achieve insane or difficult goals and fail.  That can make for great opportunities to P&L at my sims.  Of course, real people with insane goals are probably silly F-types - but I'm comfortable with silly F-type sims.

I know that wfsanity isn't designed to be a control factor.  But I found it was becoming one when I changed my gameplay style to put more emphasis on my sims' wants and fears.  As an example I found that being guided by their wants and fears - rather than maxing out skills at C-7 or whenever - meant that my teens weren't winning any scholarships apart from the A+, abduction and career ones, as those the were the only ones they were rolling up wants for (unless they'd gotten into the gain a skillpoint -> gain x skillpoint chain as a child).  I'm placing more emphasis on wants and fears in an attempt to move away from "perfect score" uniformity in my sims, and I found that wfsanity was applying a different type of uniformity.

In a nutshell, wfsanity isn't compatible with my current gameplay style.

Then there's the fact that I'm stubborn, and if anyone tells me that I SHOULD DO (whatever) then I'll dig my heels in and refuse to comply.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2008 June 27, 08:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna - I began doing the same thing.  Sims only get a skill point if they want it.  Sims don't get skills for a promotion unless they want to get a skill point. etc, etc.

It has resurrected my interest that waned very rapidly once I got stuck on the macrotastics skilling treadmill.

Sims only study at uni if they want to.  I have a dizzy random go to class mod in, so they don't automatically get dragged off to class and end up getting perfect grades that way.  I'm actually enjoying uni again and end up playing through entire semesters at times without sending them to exams early.  If I'm insanely bored, I'll send them to exams early if everyone's grade meter is high enough for them to pass (just!).  No more automatic 4.0 GPA.

I'll be anxiously awaiting the visitor controller update.  As annoying as some career outfits are, I do miss them in a strange way!
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2008 June 27, 12:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna and Ness, mark me down as another player who has relaxed her iron fist. I also played all sims the same way, and then wondered why I found it boring. So I macro some, but I give all the households some actual free will, and I am playing more to wants. I'm also enjoying Uni again... recently played a Romance sim who barely passed a semester with a 3.1 GPA because he spent all his time cruisin' for conquests. He might become my first sim ever to get on probation or even fail out.

However, I still have wfsanity, and I don't plan on taking it out. I like to know that when they get the puppy/kitten/pet want, it's because they are actually *interested* in animals, etc.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2008 June 27, 20:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this may be what you are talking about: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=225251
It has a shop-at-home function and operates like a normal dresser.

Nope, that is the same coat rack that Cappucino originally linked to! Cheesy  What I meant was this:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/anoeskaB/downloads/sims2/objects/search_rack/

It is, as I said, the Seasons coat rack, which actually came with the game.  (Emphasis not passive-aggressive, but just 'cause 3 posters so far have misunderstood.)  It's modded, but doesn't show up as a separate custom object, which I like.  I have nothing against Numenor's coat rack, but I since I use the clothingtool to shop at home, I really didn't need another hacked object for that. 

I also find it strangely soothing to find as many corrections as I can to the stupidity that is EAxis...  Roll Eyes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2008 June 28, 17:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like some of the less sane wants.  Why would I want my sims to be sane?  Real people don't always have sane relevant goals that make sense.  Real people may also attempt to achieve insane or difficult goals and fail.  That can make for great opportunities to P&L at my sims.
Part of the problem is that the wants are either completely impossible, or simply bugged. wfsanity will fix these bugs. Plus it will make it so you actually can FOLLOW the directions. Otherwise when you're given 4 impossible instructions, you can't do any of them.

Me, personally, I tend to rely less on wants-based direction, and if I want to do something less control-freaky, I just look to my live studio audience in #grah. Perhaps Kynas should join so we can have Kyna torture. I get the best material when filming before a live studio audience. The latest episode of Awesomeland is wild as a result. Less random noise, more flat out chaos! Because while using the random number generator or the game itself is one thing, it's a kind of hollow, purposeless sort of chaos. Using actual people for your chaos generation is way better. It's like the difference between Solitaire and D&D. In one, your chaos generation is determined purely by a hollow random process of card shuffling. In the other, your chaos generation is actual people!

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2008 June 29, 09:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love a hack that allowed me to flag other sims as "DO NOT WANT" to keep my sims from heartfarting over frog-faced bozos or other sims I regard as unsuitable for attraction. Stupid attraction system Angry

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2008 June 29, 10:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Interesting. I could possibly arrange something like that, similar to a more generalized form of the EMMA-GOOPY LOVE system.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: 2008 June 29, 19:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love a hack that allowed me to flag other sims as "DO NOT WANT" to keep my sims from heartfarting over frog-faced bozos or other sims I regard as unsuitable for attraction. Stupid attraction system Angry

Hmm. Interesting. I could possibly arrange something like that, similar to a more generalized form of the EMMA-GOOPY LOVE system.

That'd be cool to have.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2008 June 30, 00:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do Want Do Not Want hack.

ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2008 June 30, 05:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.  A new inteen.  I think they're  abandonating it.  It is so fun to see young sims preggers and getting on the school bus.  Makes homework time fun for the whole family.  And the option to "have baby/twins" with anyone on the lot is fun as well.  It isn't awesome, but I do like it.  Birth control, fertility drugs, teen sex, how come it isn't awesome yet?

2.  I would very much like to see a mod that stopped the children from playing with the microphones on the podium.  That's annoying.

3.  (Related to 2)  I'd like to see a mod that scrambled the sims' behaviour a little, so, for instance, the kids didn't go straight for the podium every time, or romance sims didn't just immediately start with the dang ACR when you look away.  I'd like to see my sims choose to do something different every once in a while, rather than every other moment they just want to do whatever that sim likes doing, and nothing else.  And why do they roll the same wants so often?  Is that just my game?

4.  When my teens date, they always want to go to college, or meet someone else, or do lots of non-date-related stuff.  When the adults date, it's a boring re-iteration of the same date they had before.  I'd love to see a mod that scrambled the date wants better, and let the teens want some more naughty things, like "woohoo in the sauna with boyfriend" or something.   And made tickling someone, pictures in photo booths, and slow dancing an occasional want rather than a psychopathic obsession on every date.

5.  I really want to be able to dress my sims using the fancy CAS format, because buying clothes in-game sucks.  Most of my sims now are born in-game, and whenever they grow up I get eyestrain trying to find the right sizes for their clothing. 

6.  I'd love to see a mod that made me awesome.   That is a desperate one.  Maybe hopeless, but I think it's possible.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2008 June 30, 05:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2.  I would very much like to see a mod that stopped the children from playing with the microphones on the podium.  That's annoying.
I've never seen it as a problem on its own.

3.  (Related to 2)  I'd like to see a mod that scrambled the sims' behaviour a little, so, for instance, the kids didn't go straight for the podium every time, or romance sims didn't just immediately start with the dang ACR when you look away.  I'd like to see my sims choose to do something different every once in a while, rather than every other moment they just want to do whatever that sim likes doing, and nothing else.  And why do they roll the same wants so often?  Is that just my game?
I am not certain how one "scrambles" a behavior. In order to cause sims to behave DIFFERENTLY, you need to LIMIT their behaviors. For some reason, both EAxis and many players are opposed to this ethos. But therein lies the paradox: To make sims do DIFFERENT things, you must individually define what they WON'T do. The reason sims all do the same things is because sims WILL do everything, so they perceive all things as being of roughly the same continuum. If there were limitations so that some sims wouldn't do one thing on their own, ever, and others shunned other things, you'd get the kind of differentiation you start to see in AWESOMELAND.

4.  When my teens date, they always want to go to college, or meet someone else, or do lots of non-date-related stuff.  When the adults date, it's a boring re-iteration of the same date they had before.
The Go To College want is overpoweringly weighted and has no check tree, so it is impossible to eliminate it with a releaseable hack. Again the "limitations" thing is essentially the ethos of wfsanity. Some people seem to perceive it as control-freakery, but the thing they fail to grasp is that you NEED boundaries for differentiation!

I'd love to see a mod that scrambled the date wants better, and let the teens want some more naughty things, like "woohoo in the sauna with boyfriend" or something.

And made tickling someone, pictures in photo booths, and slow dancing an occasional want rather than a psychopathic obsession on every date.
I've tried to tweak this a bit in wfsanity to reduce the psychopathic obsessiveness, but honestly, there really aren't that many interactions that sims have!

5.  I really want to be able to dress my sims using the fancy CAS format, because buying clothes in-game sucks.  Most of my sims now are born in-game, and whenever they grow up I get eyestrain trying to find the right sizes for their clothing.
Zoom in moar? Or you could sample test clothing in CAS anyway.

6.  I'd love to see a mod that made me awesome.   That is a desperate one.  Maybe hopeless, but I think it's possible.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2008 June 30, 13:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google search is your friend; TwoJeffs has had that mod available for years now.  You can find it over on simbology.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2008 June 30, 16:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* licks the nearest available tard as he was reading on simbology in a different tab at the time of posting.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2008 July 01, 05:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* licks the nearest available tard as he was reading on simbology in a different tab at the time of posting.

No, no, dear one. We discourage that sort of thing on MATY. Neither a Tard licker nor a lickee be. Don't respond to lickbait posts, and don't give Tards a thrill by licking them when you goof.

There's no need to give yourself tardcooties. A mere mea culpa and a promise not to sin again will suffice.

How to recognize Tards, and thus avoid licking:
1. Username probably has "Maxoid" or "-tard" in it somewhere
2. Tard has CANNED icons and doesn't post outside of Retardo Land
3. Other users studiously ignore any and all Tard posts and threads
4. Tards like to insult other users who actually contribute and tell Tards to STFU and GTFO
5. Tards are unable to follow forum rules consistently
6. Tards only post "reasonable" posts to lick-bait and tempt the unwary into licking and thus providing attention they crave
7. Tards like to lecture and demand and share personal info that no one gives a rip about
8. Tards have issues with unwarranted self-esteem and entitlement

Hope that helps!

Here, have some Listerine.  Go forth and sin no more. Smiley

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2008 July 01, 19:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I live in the ether between awesomeness and tardlickingness.

I thought of another mod I want also!  I want a mod that changes the sheets when the maid comes.  It's boring that they never change.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2008 July 01, 19:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a mod that changes the sheets when the maid comes.  It's boring that they never change.
lolwhut? Do you mean you want the bedding itself to be different, or are you asking for him/her to do the laundry?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2008 July 01, 21:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought of another mod I want also!  I want a mod that changes the sheets when the maid comes.  It's boring that they never change.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: