More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:44:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237153 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #175 on: 2008 May 29, 06:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot Sync Timer also includes fine adjust on ages, so this feature has been done a kajillion times already.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2008 May 29, 07:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish there was a mod that allowed me to set daily / weekly / quarterly payments up, where i could choose from say a percentage of the funds in the house, or set a certain amount that would need to be paid off, in 10, 20 or 30 installments.

Kind of like a loan, except I dont want the sims to recieve the simoleons first, I just need them to pay of the loan.
The rest of the mod would help with me emulating taxes, something that could help keep the amount of dough in my sims families down to a more fair level. I already have a strict policy of items only being sold at OFB businesses, and at highly elevated costs, to make sure nobody becomes filthy rich in the first generation.

Another wish of mine, is that i really wish there was a way to edit the prices in the buy catalogue on all the maxis items.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
No Cheats
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2008 May 29, 14:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have many wishes, but post only the main one.

I donīt like the way of FT Secret Lots. You canīt modify them. *omg;why? Huh*

They create the perfect way for Secret Lots in the University EP.

The Lot in Uni have the own money bag. You can built with this money. Really cool resolution for hobby lots I think.
(only dreaming  Grin)

« Last Edit: 2008 May 29, 15:25:52 by No Cheats » Logged
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: 2008 May 29, 17:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish there was a mod that allowed me to set daily / weekly / quarterly payments up, where i could choose from say a percentage of the funds in the house, or set a certain amount that would need to be paid off, in 10, 20 or 30 installments.

Kind of like a loan, except I dont want the sims to recieve the simoleons first, I just need them to pay of the loan.
The rest of the mod would help with me emulating taxes, something that could help keep the amount of dough in my sims families down to a more fair level. I already have a strict policy of items only being sold at OFB businesses, and at highly elevated costs, to make sure nobody becomes filthy rich in the first generation.

Inge at Simlogical has a mortgage shrub that you can place on any residential lot, which subtracts funds from your sims' household. I've never actually used it, so I don't know exactly how it works, whether it's a percentage or a set rate that you decide upon, but it might do what you want. Monique at MTS2 has an automatic payment mod that allows one sim to pay another sim, either daily or weekly, for a set amount. I've been using it for a while, with excellent results. I have a landlord sim in each neighbourhood who gets filthy rich while the renter sims stay just above the poverty line.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2008 May 29, 22:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mortgage shrub comes in 2 flavors, a 1,000 simolean version and a 10,000 simolean version. If you want it to act like a mortgage, you place however many shrubs you want (to reduce the value of the lot) in build mode before moving in your sims. They buy the lot at the reduced rate, and later, when you delete the shrubs they deduct the appropriate amount from the family's funds. I'm using it for the first time in my game right now with my Somerset family, so that Gabriel's parents could essentially foot the bill (by sending him money later) for the lavish estate he and his new bride moved into after Uni.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2008 May 30, 04:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere the shrubs also take a small amount of interest off automatically?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2008 May 30, 06:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish there were a few "accidental death" mods.

1) A mod to have a random chance of a car accident when the player forces the "take a spin" interaction.

2) A mod to enable a small random chance of death in childbirth.

3) Any other accidental death mod that isn't far fetched like the satelite death.

I looked into making one for a car accident but alas I am not awesome enough yet. That might be because I haven't even finished my first course in program logic and design quite yet. I am in my first year of college majoring in Game and Simulation Programming... maybe one day I will be awesome too... hopefully more awesome than some of the maxoids who can't seem to figure out how to make a new EP without managing to break most of what they did the last time.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2008 May 30, 11:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go Awrevell Go! I like your ideas. As for now, "Randomstuff" can be used to roll a small chance of random death for your scenarios.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2008 May 30, 12:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere the shrubs also take a small amount of interest off automatically?

Yes; they add it to the bills the family gets.  I think it's 10 simoleans for the 1k bush and 100 for the 10k bush.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2008 May 30, 15:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique's computer adds $1k to bills. More destitution!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2008 May 30, 15:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique's computer adds $1k to bills. More destitution!

That's if you owe money (such as from interest, or child support). Those money have already been added to the debtor, but were not deducted from your fund because you didn't have enough money. It does not generate debt out of nothing.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2008 May 30, 16:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, very true. But how often do you get debt from nothing in this world? I know all my bills are directly related to services I've used in the past, even if I'm still paying for a partial college education I can barely recollect at this point.

You can also always get loan and then donate the money into the ether. AFAIK, the mortgage shrubs also add 1k, 10k, etc to coffers.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2008 May 30, 17:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, they add money to the familys fund. What i were hoping for, were a way for me to simulate that a lot costs whatever it costs, plus say 10 grand per square of it. So a 2x2 lot, would cost an additional 40.000 simoleons to be paid off by the family living there.
That, plus just general tax paying. Only bad thing about moniques payment thingie, is that i gotta set the amount myself, it cant just grab say 2 or 5 % of the familys funds every week. Thats more what I had in mind.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2008 May 30, 18:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What you currently could do is use the comp to get a loan for whatever amount you decide the lot costs, then donate that loan amount to the ether. Then you have a loan to pay off (with a good amount of interest) with no financial benefit to the family to start with. Kind of counter to what I do...land is free for my sims. I move them, kaching the lot cost, then donate the overage. I understand the want to keep them down financially, I just have never really understood the whole concept of owning land. No one made it. How can you own it or need to pay someone for it?

I'd love a set % tax module with the ability to set the funds to a certain sim, but have it automatically adjust the amount due according to X variable. For me, it would be useful to pull based off of lot value, not family funds. All the automatic payment modules I've seen so far require you to set the amount specifically, and you have to manually adjust it if you want the amount changed. Well, that's basically what I'm doing now with the comp.

If I was smarter I'd make that. Alas, I know it's over my head.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2008 May 30, 18:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if there was a 2 percent chance that a Sim kid would be born as 'gifted', thus being better at stuff, learning faster etc.
And of course there should be a scholarship to go with it. Yeah, I came up with that while I brushed my teeth. That's why it is a bit strange.
Oh, and more expensive houses would be nice, too.
What is the worth of a Simoleon anyway?

INEPT INTP
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2008 May 30, 19:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have never really understood the whole concept of owning land. No one made it. How can you own it or need to pay someone for it?

So I have a friend whose dad owns a huge swath of land in the middle of nowhere.  Used to be a dairy farm plus... I dunno, random forest and mountain thrown in, I guess.  He grew up on a little house on that farm and now that he's grown, he and his brother decided to divide part of the land and build a couple more little houses, decently far enough from each other and their parents.  Well, it turns out that when you own such a huge parcel for such a long while, you need to lay your own pipe to connect to the town's water and sewage main, if you want plumbing in your little cottage.

So, what's this got to do with owning land?  I know my friend's dad already owns the land, but at some earlier point in time, a collection of people had to pool their money in order to bring stuff like roads, and that water main up to the lot boundary.  So after having spent a few weekends helping my good friend lay pipe up a mountain, land is definitely not free in my sims' world.  Cheesy

I'd love a set % tax module with the ability to set the funds to a certain sim, but have it automatically adjust the amount due according to X variable. For me, it would be useful to pull based off of lot value, not family funds. All the automatic payment modules I've seen so far require you to set the amount specifically, and you have to manually adjust it if you want the amount changed. Well, that's basically what I'm doing now with the comp.

I'd love to have better property tax billing, too.  That, and mortgages with loan-shark interest rates -- none of these piddly single-digits.
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2008 June 02, 16:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1)That Securom would no longer be used as a copyright protection. 2)The predicted use of the internet, future EA games, for regular validation sessions to continue gameplay, will never happen. 3)Game would load faster regardless of cc amount. 4)EA would replace the CEO.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2008 June 02, 20:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like a hack so that instaead of a blue loading screen inbetween lots, we could see a little animation of your chosen transport going to its destination, like a neighbourhood view with the camera tracking your car. Grin
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: 2008 June 05, 03:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a very simple request. I just want the damned toilet-stall recolours from BV to work. Before BV, I already had numerous recolours that worked quite well. After BV, not so much. I'm getting really sick of decorating all of my public restrooms army-green to match the now-nonrecolourable stalls.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: 2008 June 05, 07:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a very simple request. I just want the damned toilet-stall recolours from BV to work. Before BV, I already had numerous recolours that worked quite well. After BV, not so much. I'm getting really sick of decorating all of my public restrooms army-green to match the now-nonrecolourable stalls.

Sounds like either your CEP is out of date, or you didn't choose toilet stall at the CEP installation. It's now optional, you have to choose it from CEP installer.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: 2008 June 05, 08:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed the very latest CEP today, and don't recall seeing a 'choose toilet stall' option. I'll try it again. Thanks!

Edit: Yep, the option-box was already ticked, but I haven't played the game since installing the new CEP. At last, I can have public toilets that aren't green. Yay!

notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: 2008 June 05, 14:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like for  Sims asked to "Take My Picture" to stay  wherever the hell they were when asked to do so.  I know, , I can pick them up with move_objects on and dormspecifictoolsdisabled false, and put them elsewhere, i'd just rather not have to to it to ensure that the photographer's elbow is not in my perfect shot.

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/3431/06042008193647mr3.jpg

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2008 June 05, 15:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto on that. I take a lot of family photos (whenever my households pop out their last kid), and nothing pisses me off more than the photographer getting in my shot. What I do as a work-around is take the photo in normal mode, then have someone take a random photo of whatever. Then I pop into Photoshop and paste the "real" photo over the random one and save.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2008 June 06, 19:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really wish Sims knew and reacted to what they are wearing.  I also wish Sims had their own clothing bins and that everything you purchase doesn't go into everyone elses closet.

It would be great if Sims knew they went outside naked or in their underwear.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2008 June 06, 19:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of them do. It's the ones with high Outgoing points that'll walk around like that. Shyer sims will look down, gasp, and change into regular clothing, at least if they're naked. I agree that it's stupid to go outside in one's undies, though.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: