More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 18:31:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237257 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #150 on: 2008 May 12, 16:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In base game you couldn't merge households, so any family you created had to be moved into a lot on it's own.  I guess they haven't touched the coding for CAS since they added the merge household function.  That was Uni I think.... a long time ago!

Extending Tsarina's point a bit further, it's annoying that parents and children have to be in separate age groups.  I want to be able to make an elderly couple with elderly offspring, or an adult couple with an adult "child" as well as a teen/kid and baby.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: 2008 May 12, 17:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it's easy enough to age up the offspring you want to be in the same agegroup as their parents.  Not so easy to make a teen parent though.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 May 12, 17:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spawn the sim modder and set age...teen on the parent.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 May 12, 20:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think she meant adult parents having an adult child AND a teen child.

INEPT INTP
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 May 12, 20:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just another permutation. Make an elderly parent, an adult child, and a teen child. Change the age of the elderly parent to adult.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: 2008 May 12, 21:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it's easier the other way round.  Make a parent and two teen children.  Then age up one of the children to adult as soon as you get into the game.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 May 12, 22:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm frustrated that you can't have an adult sibling caring for a younger teen, etc.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: 2008 May 13, 10:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I was really getting at is that it's annoying having to find a work around to create the family you want to create.  CAS ought to let you do what you want in the first place.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 May 13, 14:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly. Just last night I created a Sim I will have to delete properly so that she could "have" a bunch of toddlers that were third-generation in my old hood. That way I could deliver them to their proper parents. If memories mattered, I would be screwed.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 May 13, 18:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate when, mid-movie, I revise the script to include a flashback to childhood or toddlerhood - I can easily grab my pre-made sim and age her down, but I can't just make that one sim and add it to the family >.> for babies/toddlers ,since they look so generic, I tend to use the tombstone to spawn a new family member or (if there's going to be closeups) impregnate the sim with someone with similar looks and then use the mirror to ensure the appropriate hair and accessories get on the kid. I also can't make more than 2 generations of a family in the same house without SimPE, or in multiple houses without simPE - once I went in and adjusted all the relationships and ages so they were staggered, the older teen sibling had less days than the younger teen sibling, et cetera, but it took a long time and eventually I decided it was too much work to do on a regular basis. And then there's the issue of making stepparents - I can't set the child to be the wife's daughter without making her also the husband's and vice versa. No half-siblings? *sighs*

INFP or something
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: 2008 May 13, 18:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I was really getting at is that it's annoying having to find a work around to create the family you want to create.  CAS ought to let you do what you want in the first place.

I take it, then, that CAS won't let you create a family the normal way, and then age certain sims in CAS once the children are created? I've never actually tried aging parent or child sims in CAS (as opposed to single sims), so I don't know if it would work, but CAS does allow you to change a sim's age once the sim is created (before you save to the neighbourhood, of course). I'd think that if, say, you wanted elderly sims with a teenage child, you could just create two adults, create a child, and then age everybody appropriately. Does this not work in CAS?

ETA: I wish that regular CAS worked the way Uni CAS works. I like to have extended families living together, but it's such a pain having to create the bride's and groom's families separately, move them in together, have the wedding, have the children, etc. It would be so much simpler if I could just create separate sims with different surnames and different family relations in one big group, like in Uni. I don't know why EAxis never implemented this. It seems like it would've been simple to do.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 13, 18:51:32 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 May 14, 08:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it, then, that CAS won't let you create a family the normal way, and then age certain sims in CAS once the children are created? I've never actually tried aging parent or child sims in CAS (as opposed to single sims), so I don't know if it would work, but CAS does allow you to change a sim's age once the sim is created (before you save to the neighbourhood, of course). I'd think that if, say, you wanted elderly sims with a teenage child, you could just create two adults, create a child, and then age everybody appropriately. Does this not work in CAS?

No, in CAS if you have a child you HAVE to have an adult to be the parent, not an elder.  Parent-Child relationships in CAS only go one step up or down the age groups.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 May 14, 15:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it, then, that CAS won't let you create a family the normal way, and then age certain sims in CAS once the children are created?

The problem comes when you go to "set family relations" before you save the family and exit CAS. If there are any children (toddlers to teens) present, it prompts you to assign them a parent before you exit. You can, after you set this, change the adult parent to an elder, but that automatically breaks the ties you've set. The kid will be parentless again, and the dance starts over. Given that female sims can have babies until right before they age up and males can father spawn until the day they die, it'd be nice if they remembered that the game itself allows for elderly parents of toddlers and coded CAS accordingly.

Then again, it'd be *nice* if they did a lot of things that make sense...  Roll Eyes

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 May 15, 19:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*not double-posting; it's been 2 days*

Taking one of my sims to my remodeled Crypt o' Night Club, I've just been forcefully reminded of 2 more items from my Wish List, and they're both dance-related. One, for a way to keep sims from getting stuck with that horrible, constipated Spockface after they Dance With someone. Two, something to smite that task-stompinating "cuckoo" gesture that every single person in the club is Shanghaied into doing every four fricking seconds when there's a spaz on the dance floor. There's *always* a spaz on the dance floor. Give the twirlyfingered ridicule a rest and talk to your damned date already.

/vent

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Heodez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2008 May 26, 22:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My one wish would be to have the Community time hack available without EPs after OFB.
Sigh.
It's the best hack ever I found on this site along with no20Khandout.

Forever Night, a sims 2 story.
WIP
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008 May 28, 02:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought of something I would like to have last night. I suck incredibly at thinking of names for spawnlings, so I was thinking it would be awesome if a random name showed up in the Baby Girl/Boy box, like how Servos spawned from debug mode already have a name attached. That would save me a lot of looking around at everything in my room for five minutes in the hopes that a great name will suddenly come to me. But then I end up with something lame like Steve.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: 2008 May 28, 04:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite what you're after, but this is what I use when I'm stumped.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2008 May 28, 04:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also not quite what you're looking for, but I use Hook's randomiser.  Somewhere in that thread you'll find name lists that people have posted.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
LadyArgonna
Blathering Buffoon

Hello, Funny Farm? One's incoming...

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 May 28, 10:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With damn near every family in my custom hood dropping twins, I second, heartily, that random name suggester. But I keep a baby name book and a phone book handy to find first and last names in a hurry.
I would also like to see the Exchange problem fixed, so I could download some nice families and give them a try. (I am way too unAwesome to know exactly what the problem is, but I do know it is a VBT.)
And is it me, or did the wallpaper and flooring sections sort themselves by custom first, lowest to highest priced, then the rest of the selection, lowest to highest priced in base game? I could have sworn that before Nightlife, I saw this in the catalogs. Now, they're jumbled in any old which-a-ways. Would be nice if that could get fixed.

RIP The Duncan Legacy
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2008 May 28, 17:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with installing ready-made families from the Exchange is that, if any member of the family has met any other sims from outside the family (or been gossiped to about them), then they have a memory of those outside sims and/or a relationship with them. When you install the family into a different neighbourhood, those other sims that they've met aren't there, and this can corrupt the sims' memories, as well as all kinds of other stuff, eventually leading to a BFBVFS. Don't do it. Ever.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 May 29, 01:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be able to sort commercial lots from residential lots in the houses bin.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: 2008 May 29, 02:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be able to sort commercial lots from residential lots in the houses bin.

You can.  Read this entire thread for the info: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,263.msg7379.html#msg7379

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008 May 29, 02:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish:
to be able to precisely control the ages of the sims made in cas.   I make a couple, but what if I want him to be 3 days older than her.  I give them lots of children, but  I don't want them to be twins, triplets, etc.

So on and so forth.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 May 29, 03:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish:
to be able to precisely control the ages of the sims made in cas.   I make a couple, but what if I want him to be 3 days older than her.  I give them lots of children, but  I don't want them to be twins, triplets, etc.

So on and so forth.

Once you have the family on a lot, shift-click on the lot sync timer while in debug mode.  It has the option to add/remove days from the currently selected sim.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2008 May 29, 03:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

to be able to precisely control the ages of the sims made in cas.   I make a couple, but what if I want him to be 3 days older than her. 

There are tools to adjust sim ages in the game. Insimenator is one, and my favorite is TwoJeffs' Sim Blender, which doesn't have any global hooks or functions.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: