More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:13:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Abductions not resulting in pregnancy?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Abductions not resulting in pregnancy?  (Read 11184 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Abductions not resulting in pregnancy?
« on: 2008 April 22, 02:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing FT... alien abductions using the summon aliens feature of the game or watch for UFOs does not result in pregnancy for eligible sims.  I couldn't find anything about this but then again I didn't look to hard...was wondering if this was a bug/meant to work that way/or possible hack conflict.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Abductions not resulting in pregnancy?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 22, 02:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Search for UFOs allegedly has a higher chance of abduction but a much lower chance of coming back pregnant. Not sure about the pregnancy odds with Summon Aliens.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 22, 07:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha...did not realize it was intended to be this way.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 22, 09:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some bugged abductions, with stuck spaceships and no memories of the incident, but that's completely unrelated.
I think all my abductions have been teens or elders, so I wouldn't know about face huggers.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 22, 15:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Search for UFOs allegedly has a higher chance of abduction but a much lower chance of coming back pregnant. Not sure about the pregnancy odds with Summon Aliens.

So no automatic pregnancy (for elligible sims) from abduction?  That makes me re-think getting FT.

Was an additional maxis PT added with FT?  (meaning, if a half alien born of abduction gets abducted, can he get pregnant?  currenlty with my "all eps except BV and FT" game, I have to skip a generation if I want to get more alien genes in the line).

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 22, 16:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So no automatic pregnancy (for eligible sims) from abduction?  That makes me re-think getting FT.

Not quite; male sims will still get pregnant from accidental abductions, as in the past.  Its only with the new FT options to be abducted on request where the odds are lower. Makes sense, since knowledge sims usually get a shitload of wants to be abducted; the new options let you fill them without also filling your hood with alien babies.

Was an additional maxis PT added with FT?  (meaning, if a half alien born of abduction gets abducted, can he get pregnant?  currenlty with my "all eps except BV and FT" game, I have to skip a generation if I want to get more alien genes in the line).

No new PT, but I believe you can get around this with a multi-PT mod like the ones on MTS2.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 22, 20:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually now that I know this I feel a bit relieved b/c I had been reluctant to use Summon Aliens for a lot of my knowledge sims just based on the fact that I didn't want every knowledge male ending up with an alien baby. 
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 22, 23:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, I thought that the curious family would always get abducted and return preg.
But since installing freetime, I am having trouble even getting them abducted. 
I'm not using any abduction hacks.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 22, 23:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they are scripted to always be abducted and get pregnant. Only when you first play them.

brilliantcat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 23, 00:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the super-special-always-right Prima guide (note sarcasm here), only the "Watch for UFOs" interaction decreases the odds of returning from an abduction pregnant.  "Summon Aliens" should have normal pregnancy odds.  Again, this is from the Prima guide, those things are notorious for misinformation.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 23, 04:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With FT abduction pregnancy now allowed for adult males only ,no more for YA's.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 23, 14:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It never was allowed for YAs -- only with the Kitten Killer could a YA get pregnant, normal or alien.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 23, 16:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So no automatic pregnancy (for eligible sims) from abduction?  That makes me re-think getting FT.

Not quite; male sims will still get pregnant from accidental abductions, as in the past.  Its only with the new FT options to be abducted on request where the odds are lower. Makes sense, since knowledge sims usually get a shitload of wants to be abducted; the new options let you fill them without also filling your hood with alien babies.

No new PT, but I believe you can get around this with a multi-PT mod like the ones on MTS2.

Ahh, that DOES make sense (the not always getting pregnant thing).

I do have replacement pollinators but I really wish the game just had more than one (like it did for that brief period after installing NL but before OFB).

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 23, 18:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It never was allowed for YAs -- only with the Kitten Killer could a YA get pregnant, normal or alien.

I believe there was a bug in the dance sphere thingy (NL) at some point that could cause YA pregnancies in a vanilla game...  Personally, I've never seen a dance sphere abduction, and I've tried.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 23, 21:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe there was a bug in the dance sphere thingy (NL) at some point that could cause YA pregnancies in a vanilla game...  Personally, I've never seen a dance sphere abduction, and I've tried.

Were these sims who had been abducted by telescope before?  I've used the sphere to get adult male sims pregnant either for a second time, or because they'd been taken as teens.  The longest I had to wait was 40 hours.  Most of the time, they go within the first 6 or 8 hours.  One time, I had a sim blink out as a visitor in another household, which worried me.  Undecided  It didn't matter for her, but I try to keep the fertile boys away from those things...
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 23, 21:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant if YA was abducted in college he becoming pregnant immediately after graduation and returning back in homehood.
Kitten Killer simply allowed YA's to  become pregnant already in college.
Since FT "Get Out - Make Pregnant" BHAV was changed and now contain check for Adults-allow preg.and for YA's -not allowed.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 23, 22:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant if YA was abducted in college he becoming pregnant immediately after graduation and returning back in homehood.

Really?  I had a YA or two get abducted at Uni in the past, and he never turned up pregnant when he returned to the main hood.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 23, 23:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, I thought that the curious family would always get abducted and return preg.
But since installing freetime, I am having trouble even getting them abducted. 
I'm not using any abduction hacks.

I thought the built in scenarios got borked back with OFB or Pets or something.  They've not been working as they should for many people for quite some time. 

Inteen for AL, yay!
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 24, 04:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly they've been fixed recently... I haven't tried to play them through again yet, but I've dipped into two different lots since FT - Curious and Lothario - and they seemed to get all the right pop-ups.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 24, 04:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have any problems with abduction pregnancy, but I'm using the mod to allow female alien pregnancies.  Pregnant men frighten me.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 25, 02:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a YA get abducted and pregnant before I installed the Kitten Killer. It broke the house. D:
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 25, 06:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EsotericPolarBear, which mod is that? Does TJ's "Preg For All Genders" do that?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 April 25, 13:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. It enables female to female and male to male pregnancy in standard 'human' Sim relationships. Have a look at MTS2 for an old mod by someone called Smonaff. It allows tweaking of which genders get pregnant from alien abduction.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 April 25, 15:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that, Madame Mim. I use 'preg for all genders' and am familiar with its sim-to-sim pregnancy behaviour, but since I haven't had a female sim abducted in ages, I wasn't sure whether it would factor into that scenario or not. Will peek over @ MtS2 for some "equal opportunity" impregnation. Wink

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: