More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:19:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  FreeTime Patch Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FreeTime Patch Released  (Read 35553 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: FreeTime Patch Released
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 01, 21:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, this is something I didn't know was an issue, as my Garden Club members show up on community lots and interact with playables and townies just fine... Maybe I just didn't run into issues with them because I either ignore them or because I never marry-in nonplayables into my families.
As do mine. There are a few bugs being fixed that I've not seen at all, especially the incestuous one.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
JerseyGirlOOOO
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 01, 21:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say it's time to take bets to see how long it will be before EAsshole has to release another patch to fix what that one breaks.   Grin Wink

I'm saying at least a month for now.

Never trust anyone.  Ever.  It will be the biggest mistake of your life.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 April 01, 22:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say it's time to take bets to see how long it will be before EAsshole has to release another patch to fix what that one breaks.
*Has* to release a patch?
Or actually *does*?

Those could be two different moments in time.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 April 01, 22:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that in this patch they didn't fix the Pre-FT stuffit objects that are missing pie menu options. Which... being considerate enough to TRY in the first place, that they could've made sure it was done properly.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 April 01, 23:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- Garden Club members are now treated as townies.
Once interacted with, a Garden Club member fails to be recognized in that role and the inspection is cancelled, giving your sim a bad memory of failing. The Garden Club member is then stuck on the lot indefinitely, as it no longer is categorized as an NPC and does not receive the "Leave" queue action.

Are these your fun predictions, or what the patch is actually meant to fix, supposing it exists? Because I've had that exact thing happen. The garden club sims just acted like visitors, but when I tried to get a new inspection, they said I'd already had one, apparently. And this is just with BV.

I'd really like for my sims to have hobbies, or at least the pottery wheel and violin, but it looks like this final EP is so buggy it can't possibly be fixed or hacked better.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 April 01, 23:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prediction, but based on experience. I've had the same thing happen, except that they did eventually leave.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 April 02, 00:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many of those things are already Awesomefixed. I wouldn't bother updating until an updated noCD comes out. Otherwise SecuRom might bork your computer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SimGeekChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 April 02, 01:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course there's no fix for the "craft badges taking a month to earn a friggin bronze",  AKA the one thing I haven't been able to find a hack to fix.  ARG!!  Angry But at least the CREDITS are fixed! oh my that was terrible!  Roll Eyes
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 April 02, 01:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's up on the US site now. http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpatch.php?appVersion=1.13&languageCode=

And yes, they'll patch again. Right before the mythical EP8. The 2nd one is the only patch that fixes real issues.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 April 02, 02:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many of those things are already Awesomefixed. I wouldn't bother updating until an updated noCD comes out. Otherwise SecuRom might bork your computer.

I was just going to ask about that. So I take that to mean that some speedy hacker hasn't made a new noCD crack yet?

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 April 02, 02:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want to install any more patches,but also I don't want to waste anymore time searching and fixing fuckin' EAxis bugs.
Seems more reasonable simply to make extraction of correctly fixed and really needed for game BHAVs from patched version and upload them as separate mods or fixes.In this way will not be need to install stupid EAxis patches and to bring next mess in game.
From whole list I think really need may be 5-7 fixes.Will be great if somebody able to do this.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 02, 03:00:55 by Alexx » Logged
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 April 02, 03:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the sheep over at the BBS are already complaining about patch bugs. Loads of install errors, and now apparently room service doesn't actually show up - but the sim gets charged for it. Go figure. That thing is not touching my game until (and if) it is fixed.
Engram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 April 02, 04:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Room service was already borked with BV, or at least for me it was. So it looks like they maybe fixed it with the last BV patch and then reborked it with the FT patch. Nice one!
duderocks
Asinine Airhead

INFP..That is all.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 April 02, 08:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already downloaded it. But I won't install it judging from reports here. Probably delete it.

Trust the Awesome. Don't trust EA.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 April 02, 09:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  thought I'd be a guinea pig so I tried to install it. Lo and behold: "There was an error with the installation. Please reinstall The Sims 2 FreeTime, your saved games have been immediately deleted make sure to backup your saved games folder first".

I guess our thoughts of the patch rendering the game actually unplayable weren't far off...

Now I remember why I've been playing The Sims 1 again lately...
lostsoul
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 April 02, 10:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How lovely of them. They release a patch to fix all the stuff they borked with FT, then just bork stuff up even more.

Completely agree there - Sims 1 was brilliant, never even needed 'patching'.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 April 02, 10:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I downloaded it too-and it is sitting on my desktop. I don't think I am going to install it after all.

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 April 02, 11:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims 1 did need patching. I remember this because of the big brouhaha about needing to buy the next expansion in order to obtain the necessary patch. Yes, that's right, the patches were in the next expansion.

I will point out though that the Sims 1 was still far more stable than the Sims 2, there's no way they would've gotten away with that 'buy to patch' crap this time around, no-one would even play that long.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 April 02, 13:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure there were numerous bugs in TS1, but at least bugs fixed in previous EPs STAYED fixed in new EP. Back in the days, Maxis had the common sense to build new EPs on the base of already fixed files, not to go back to borked old version.

The only drawback of TS1 is that to uninstall one EP, we have to uninstall the whole game and start from the scratch. I could have lived with that, given that the alternative we've got now is one humongous borkpool.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 April 02, 13:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure there were numerous bugs in TS1, but at least bugs fixed in previous EPs STAYED fixed in new EP. Back in the days, Maxis had the common sense to build new EPs on the base of already fixed files, not to go back to borked old version.

The only drawback of TS1 is that to uninstall one EP, we have to uninstall the whole game and start from the scratch. I could have lived with that, given that the alternative we've got now is one humongous borkpool.

The other drawback that I recall was that Sims1 EPs had to be installed in order.  So if you bought House Party after you'd installed Hot Date, you'd have to uninstall before you could reinstall the game with House Party. 

I remember when I was installing on a new computer with all EPs up to Unleashed, I'd just about done with the dance of the disks when I realised I'd stacked them in the wrong order and had therefore left out one EP.  Was annoying to have to uninstall and reinstall, when it was due to my own carelessness like that.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 02, 13:48:28 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 April 02, 15:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still install in order with The Sims 2 for some reason. Maybe it's my delusional belief that less things can go wrong that way (seeing as it does overwrite some files right?), but does it really matter? As it's been pointed out, EA keep building new eps off borked versions so they all a big pile of bork anyway.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 April 02, 15:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other drawback that I recall was that Sims1 EPs had to be installed in order.  So if you bought House Party after you'd installed Hot Date, you'd have to uninstall before you could reinstall the game with House Party. 

I remember when I was installing on a new computer with all EPs up to Unleashed, I'd just about done with the dance of the disks when I realised I'd stacked them in the wrong order and had therefore left out one EP.  Was annoying to have to uninstall and reinstall, when it was due to my own carelessness like that.

Wasn't that because they made you insert the disc from the previous expansion before they'd finish the install?

And is it sad that all the only thing hype about the Sims 3 is doing is making me want to buy the Sims Complete Collection?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 April 02, 16:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like Prescado said, he made fixes for a lot of these things.  Are these problems due to hack conflict? Or is it from a clean game?  I ,personally, still have my hacks in-- I have back-up so I don't care. In limited game play, I don't notice a problem yet.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 April 02, 19:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bug reports on the BBs are usually not that reliable. It's usually a hack conflict, or a problem with people not understanding their hacks, or how the game works, or reporting a problem that existed before the EP. It's hard to know what is actually the result of the expansion pack, and what is only being attributed to it.

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 April 02, 19:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately people are too stupid to under what "Try taking the hacks out first" means...  Sad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: