More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:26:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  FreeTime Patch Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FreeTime Patch Released  (Read 35861 times)
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
FreeTime Patch Released
« on: 2008 April 01, 09:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was surprised this morning to discover that the patch for FreeTime has been released! Only on the german TS2 site typically. Anyone dare to test it out and make sure it won't make our game explode? http://www.diesims.de/files.list.asp?id=583 (I think it has different languages)

The patch is now avaliable on the official The Sims 2 website: http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpatch.php?appVersion=1.13&languageCode=
« Last Edit: 2008 April 02, 09:34:58 by Alex » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: FreeTime Patch Released
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 01, 10:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The interaction "Aufbretzeln" is now in the play available (Primp?).

I bet it is 'Prank'. I noticed it was missing from the interaction menu.

Parents and their Children can no longer flirt with each other.

Could they before? Yuk, never noticed that.

In Build Mode, the wallpapers "Bright Blue" and "Grandiose Green" are now available.

They sound fabulous.

Sims can no longer make out with the Grim Reaper

Had anyone noticed this? Cheesy

Cheers, Alex. However, I think I'll wait until it is released on the US site first.

LizzyJ
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 01, 10:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think those wallpapers are the pool ones, I saw someone complaining they've gone.

My imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 01, 11:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct translation of Patch Fixes.

- Sims will now remember which side of the bed is theirs to sleep on.
- Crash will no longer occur when users attempt to load another lot while associating a neighborhood using the Advanced Neighborhood Options panel.
- "Neon Flamingo" is no longer missing from Buy Mode.
- In Audio Options, Custom Station icon no longer blocks the Stop button.
- University Service NPCs are now able to join a dance contest in a Secret Hobby lot if they are not on the job.
- Sims will no longer pop back onto the screen when Sims walk to a Secret Hobby Lot.
- "Electrono-Ticket Machine" will now correctly turn off when you move a Home Buisness lot into the Lots and Houses Bin.
- Saved lots with an in progress dance contest will now reset correctly when placed into the Lots and Houses Bin.
- Sims can now watch UFOs with the "Astrowonder Telescope".
- Sims can no longer mark items for sale on top of the "Upright Pottery Wheel by QuicKraft".
- Iconic Hobbyist NPCs can now be reached by telephone after meeting them.
- "Socialus Butterfly" can now be caught for the Bug Collection.
- Sims will no longer teleport when you cancel the walk home interaction in a community lot.
- Primp interaction is no longer missing from the game.
- First woohoo memory will now occur when Sims woohoo for the first time in a tent.
- The reduced bladder effect from the "ShowMeOff Rack of Glory" will now trigger correctly when Sims are in range.
- Career outfits are now hidden in Create-A-Family.
- Sims reading a book from the cooking genre will now correctly gain Cuisine Enthusiasm.
- Preoccupation will now work correctly at level 10.
- Pets will no longer chew or scratch cribs if they are in use.
- Garden Club members are now treated as townies.
- "Afhairmediumcenterpart" hair will now appear correctly in Create-A-Family.
- "Carefree Koi Pond by Simulated Life" no longer displays an enviornment score.
- Teen and Child Sims will no longer receive the unachievable Bird Watch Want.
- College Grades in German, French, Polish, and Brazilian Portugeuse is now displayed correctly.
- The Sims 2 FreeTime credit section has been correctly updated.
- Violin Tip Jar will no longer cause an unusable tile after being picked up.
- Child Sims will no longer pop when asked to "Clean Up" the juice tray.
- Vampire Sim can no longer receive a Want to turn Bigfoot into a Vampire.
- Using the Draft Scene interaction will no longer apply a sketch filter to in-game camera snapshots.
- Parents and their children no longer have the option to flirt with each other.
- Motive decay on the "H-O-R-S-E of course Basket Ball Hoop", "The Goal of Paul", "Teeny Tikes Activity Table", and "One Man's Junk Car from Mechanically Minded" objects and Go Hiking interaction has been retuned.
- "Basic Blue" and "Gripping Green" wallpapers will now appear in Build Mode.
- Sims will no longer receive a phone call for magazine subscription at level 2 Hobby Enthusiasm.

Thanks go to saraswati for the translation Kiss

doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 01, 11:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder about

Basically this means that there is no birdwatching for teenagers. Why???
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 01, 11:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird, I used it yesterday and it was there.

Usual EAxis stupidity.

It did find it weird how they were avaliable this time around.

- The Sims 2 FreeTime credit section has been correctly updated.
Um, okay?

- Parents and their children no longer have the option to flirt with each other.
Hey I got it right. But that's just disturbing, so I'll have to try it out now!

- Motive decay on the "H-O-R-S-E of course Basket Ball Hoop", "The Goal of Paul", "Teeny Tikes Activity Table", and "One Man's Junk Car from Mechanically Minded" objects and Go Hiking interaction has been retuned.
Thank focaccia for that! It was so annoying having sims playing basketball or soccer for like, two seconds and immediately passing out, peeing themselves and starving to death.

Thanks for posting that. Still seems as if they've neglected to look at secondary aspirations though...
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 01, 11:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIR bedside was borked ever since BV first came out. Why does it take more than half a year for a bunch of paid programmers to fix* it, when Pescado alone was able to provide the fix in a matter of days?  I almost assumed that increased decay of BV seashell collection was in fact an intentional feature. Some are even older bugs dating as far back as NL/OFB, like afhairmediumcenterpart hair or missing Primp. At the very least, they could yoink Pescado's fixes already, just how could that be so difficult?  Roll Eyes

* Not that I'd believe it until I install the thing myself.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 01, 13:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- The Sims 2 FreeTime credit section has been correctly updated

Because they believe it's critical that we know who was responsible for this borked EP.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 01, 13:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the translation.  Smiley

I wonder if that is EAxis idea of a April 1st joke ...  Huh

Rose
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 01, 13:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would call prank, but there is a link to a sims2ep7 exe?

ISTP
Tchan
Little Bitch
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 01, 13:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's an elaborate prank, but if it's there tomorrow, I'll take it back. Until then, I don't believe it.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 01, 13:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxoid Sam is listed as the producer in the FT credits I think, but he left for another project before work began on Freetime afaik so they may be referring to that.
powercut
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 01, 15:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's an elaborate prank, but if it's there tomorrow, I'll take it back. Until then, I don't believe it.

Oh, come on. Every release date (patches included) is like April 1st to EA. They're just such jokers when it comes to taking people's money for things they can't actually deliver.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 01, 15:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually the patch was released yesterday, not today. It was also reported last thing yesterday, but I only saw it this morning.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 01, 15:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still no fix to pottery prices (bad plates give more $ than good plates when appreciating overnight). This would be ridiculously easy to fix.
Still no fix for the occasional cops & robbers freeze, which started with Seasons.
No fix to the ballet bar, which usually has sims losing fun and energy at alarming rates.

But, thank goodness we'll now have two more fluorescent wallpapers!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 01, 15:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the flamingo neon light the other day too, I wasn't aware it was missing...

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 01, 16:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because they believe it's critical that we know who was responsible for this borked EP.
Maxoid Sam is listed as the producer in the FT credits I think, but he left for another project before work began on Freetime afaik so they may be referring to that.

You mean Sam wants to clear his name?
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 01, 16:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the flamingo neon light the other day too, I wasn't aware it was missing...

Maybe it was just missing in the German game? Seeing as this appears to be a German patch?

ISTP
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 01, 16:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But don't most of the European versions come from a single Multi-language install? That's what I used... Of course, now I can't remember if German was included in said install, but logically it would've been. It just makes you wonder how just ONE language in a multi-language install would have this problem.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 01, 17:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last time, the UK site got the patch first, this time the German site.  Maybe they are using them as Guinea Pigs, to see if it borks things before releasing it in North America? Because otherwise, why not just release it to everyone at once?

Anyway, patch is right on schedule, if maybe a week early. Kitchen and Bath is due in 2 weeks, and they always patch right before the next thing they want you to buy. (and then bork those things again because the new L&P was made with the unpatched code.)

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 01, 17:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately my attempts to get my elderly sims to flirt with their children have thus far failed, granted it was between Luis and Victor Aspir (I couldn't be bothered to load another neighborhood) but it still should have done something.

I'll try Dora Ottomas next though, seeing as that family's screwed up enough without incest coming into the equation.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 01, 17:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yay! It's almost time for a new FT Patch Borked/Patch Didn't Fix thread! The original FT Bork thread is getting long and unwieldy anyway. So, who wants to start placing bets on what the patch breaks?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 April 01, 17:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fun.
- Crash will no longer occur when users attempt to load another lot while associating a neighborhood using the Advanced Neighborhood Options panel.
Crash will now occur when loading another neighborhood using the in-lot toolbar.
Textures removed, flamingo is now flashing blue.
- Sims can now watch UFOs with the "Astrowonder Telescope".
"Summon Aliens" option has now disappeared.
Catching that last butterfly and then viewing the collection causes the game to freeze. Upon re-entering, the neighborhood will crash and then wipe itself from your harddrive, to be replaced by the hidden "Butterfly" neighborhood.
Lies. All lies.
- The reduced bladder effect from the "ShowMeOff Rack of Glory" will now trigger correctly when Sims are in range.
Please. This is an obvious ploy by EAxis to trick players who heard of the bork into creating the collection so that all sims will be hit by an even more extreme bladder decay.
Once interacted with, a Garden Club member fails to be recognized in that role and the inspection is cancelled, giving your sim a bad memory of failing. The Garden Club member is then stuck on the lot indefinitely, as it no longer is categorized as an NPC and does not receive the "Leave" queue action.
- Violin Tip Jar will no longer cause an unusable tile after being picked up.
As a bonus, it will now be silent, just like the piano is for me half the time.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 April 01, 18:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last time, the UK site got the patch first, this time the German site.  Maybe they are using them as Guinea Pigs, to see if it borks things before releasing it in North America? Because otherwise, why not just release it to everyone at once?

Anyway, patch is right on schedule, if maybe a week early. Kitchen and Bath is due in 2 weeks, and they always patch right before the next thing they want you to buy. (and then bork those things again because the new L&P was made with the unpatched code.)

Maybe because Euro 12s know how to make an error log that makes sense? Other than American 12s that are constantly saying, "I have inSim in my game and I get all kinds of weird errors! Whut? Wait for Insim update? Whut ish dis of witch jou speak?"

Fun.
Once interacted with, a Garden Club member fails to be recognized in that role and the inspection is cancelled, giving your sim a bad memory of failing. The Garden Club member is then stuck on the lot indefinitely, as it no longer is categorized as an NPC and does not receive the "Leave" queue action.

Again, this is something I didn't know was an issue, as my Garden Club members show up on community lots and interact with playables and townies just fine... Maybe I just didn't run into issues with them because I either ignore them or because I never marry-in nonplayables into my families.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 01, 18:17:57 by Jelenedra » Logged

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 April 01, 18:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come to think of it, I've seen nothing but Garden Club NPCs! Actual townies have suddenly become very rare, to Bella Goth/Base game proportions. Garden club NPCs and the Paper Girl are being brought home every day. The pool wallpapers are indeed missing after all.

All FreeTime outfits hidden in Create-A-Family. Elders no longer wear career outfits.

The CS icon is now very large and blocks the entire "Audio Options" panel.

The butterfly is indeed catchable. Sims instantly get a crush on butterfly upon capture.

Sims can now WooHoo their children.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: