More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:42:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-10-10)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-10-10)  (Read 524327 times)
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-05-18)
« Reply #50 on: 2008 July 04, 17:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where are posted IKEA hidden 3 lamps? I cannot find them now...I should save that rar...
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-05-18)
« Reply #51 on: 2008 July 04, 22:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where are posted IKEA hidden 3 lamps? I cannot find them now...I should save that rar...

In this thread, reposted by brave Surelyfunke.
Eat me, MaxoidDrea

The immobile Shadow could be caused if the Chair has one GMDC for the Chair and another for the Shadow. Some Barstools and one of the wooden Basegame Diningchairs have the same Issue.

I managed to fix immobile shadow. Thanks for letting me know where to look, Havelock. I'd be totally clueless without your help.

Sorry, is the Free Time desk, the sim can not sit on the chair. With the desk from Base Game work ok.

The footprint of Nominell chair was slightly larger than most dining chairs, resulting in blockage when used with certain desks/tables. I fixed it as well.

I'll upload them as soon as I'm done testing.

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
IKEA Preorders (Updated 2008-09-15)
« Reply #52 on: 2008 July 05, 12:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-07-05: Added all 5 IKEA Home Stuff preorders. Decorative objects now give appropriate Enthusiasm in FreeTime. Adjusted placement settings for small sculptures. (EP7, SP2, SP3, SP6 and SP7 were updated. Go to the first post to get them all in one big RAR.)

All 5 IKEA preorder objects now require IKEA Home Stuff.

If you want to put IKEA preorders into Bins folder under Program Files\EA GAMES to avoid custom star, you need to put zLdDarcy_IKEAPreorderCEP.package into your Downloads folder to make them recolorable. It's like a mini CEP only for IKEA preorder objects. (Not needed if you put IKEA preorders into your Downloads folder.) It's needed because unfinished meshes for all 5 preorder objects are already included in the IKEA pack itself. If you put IKEA preorders into Bins folder, they would not be able to override the unfinished meshes located in IKEA 3D folder, making them unrecolorable. I couldn't roll IKEA TV Screen Fix into FT functions fix for the same reason.

This is the most fucked-up set of preorders that I had to tackle to this day. Angry Dresser is a non-functional total FUBAR. They managed to b0rk such a simple thing as a dining chair with immobile shadow and too large footprint. Not to mention the wrong repairing animation for TV. Broken wallshadows. No doubt the same idiotic team responsible for Store LolPayShit must have worked on this set as well.

Yours version of the dresser is perfect. Slots  Kiss. It would be fine to have the orginal bigger one too. But with the slots and groundshadow darker.

The fucked-up mesh in preorder package and originally intended mesh found in IKEA pack are identical in size and appearance. By "OFB Small Dresser", I meant the OFB-style low dresser with 3 slots on top. I didn't mean another resized smaller mesh. Sorry for the confusion. I was wrong, the mesh in the preorder package itself IS indeed bigger. Will look into salvaging this bigger mesh as a separate dresser.

2008-07-09: IKEA Dresser and TV were updated.

MANDAL dresser now comes in two sizes. Smaller version requires OFB or later, and pulls textures from the large dresser. Both have 3 decorative slots enabled on top. Thanks to Heli for the information on the bigger mesh.
You have to sell and rebuy objects for them to pick up change.

Fixed wallshadows for dresser and TV.

"Standalone" version that does not require IKEA pack is now available as well. It's not updated to Pets or FT, so DIY.
Download Standalone version

2008-08-01: IKEA End Table and both Dressers were updated.

Added a decorative slot for IKEA STRIND end table. Slightly adjusted slot positions and reduced slot overlapping for both IKEA MANDAL dressers.

2008-08-22: Possibly fixed the crashing problem in NOMINELL Chair that only occurs under a certain condition.
2008-09-04: Fixed version bit for 4 objects.
2008-09-08: Updated Benno TV to AL. Elders can watch TV while lounging on sofas.
2008-09-15: Restored the broken state FX for Benno TV.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 20, 05:08:15 by Lord Darcy » Logged

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-07-05)
« Reply #53 on: 2008 July 05, 16:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, do they require FT now?
shesim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-07-05)
« Reply #54 on: 2008 July 05, 19:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BEEEHHHHH

Edited by mod to remove font color. Use 'Thanks' button. Read the FAQ and Lurk MOAR.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 15, 14:45:54 by Lord Darcy » Logged
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2008 July 05, 20:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, do they require FT now?

Do you mean newly updated decoratives? No.

FT-only version of IKEA Benno TV is now archived in this post. If you have AL, get the updated AL version attached in the above post.

« Last Edit: 2008 September 08, 11:36:30 by Lord Darcy » Logged

knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2008 July 05, 20:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how do you recolor the Ikea items?  i've tryed an i get the TXMT & MMAT files but no TXTR (texture) files

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 July 05, 20:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear Darcy, can you make the IKEA preorders not requiring IKEA SP?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 July 06, 17:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For Lord Darcy and other interested People i have made the woodcolors you could buy the Benno TV Stand. You must have the Recolorable TV Lord Darcy posted here to use the recolors.
I used woodtextures EAxis made so they match every other IKEA Stuff Object with the same woodcolors. You could buy a medbrown Stand also but there was no texture so i created one. But i think she is to dark i will upload separate if done correct.
Textures are made complete from scrach so they may be not so technically perfect but i have done my best.

I hope you will find them usefull.

Edit: Added New Picture and medwoodrecolor. Matches now same Wood on Ikea Stuff furniture.

* TV_CenterBENNO_recolors.rar (169.6 KB - downloaded 2194 times.)
* Television_Floor_CenterBenno_medbrown.rar (70.29 KB - downloaded 2144 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 July 06, 19:16:37 by Havelock » Logged
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 July 06, 18:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fucked-up mesh in preorder package and originally intended mesh found in IKEA pack are identical in size and appearance. By "OFB Small Dresser", I meant the OFB-style low dresser with 3 slots on top. I didn't mean another resized smaller mesh. Sorry for the confusion.

I have the orginal dresser. I only deleted animation ressource in it. Now it working for me fine. I have all EPīs and Mini packs. But this dresser has no groundshadow ( bug ??)
It is bigger. Sorry, I dont know, how I can attached a screenshot.
It is why I mentioned, I would to have both in game. It is only one in game possible. This one from LDarcy, who has groundshadow and slots. it take the mesh from Ikea Pack or this I have posted. It seems to take the mesh from Bonus package.
Edit: I have deleted the attached file. 
« Last Edit: 2008 July 27, 19:28:41 by Heli » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2008 July 07, 06:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For Lord Darcy and other interested People i have made the woodcolors you could buy the Benno TV Stand. You must have the Recolorable TV Lord Darcy posted here to use the recolors.
I used woodtextures EAxis made so they match every other IKEA Stuff Object with the same woodcolors. You could buy a medbrown Stand also but there was no texture so i created one. But i think she is to dark i will upload separate if done correct.
<snip>

*Emma 'baaas' uncontrollably at Havelock

I really like this TV and now it matches! Yay!

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 July 07, 19:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Darcy, out of interest, will you be doing this to the objects and sims avaliable freely on the official The Sims 2 website?
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2008 July 07, 21:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how do you recolor the Ikea items?  i've tryed an i get the TXMT & MMAT files but no TXTR (texture) files
You have to click Start first in Object Workshop to read all resources from game files, THEN open the object package to produce a new recolor package.

Dear Darcy, can you make the IKEA preorders not requiring IKEA SP?
Usually I don't do multiple versions, but in this case I think I'll make an exception, as this set is so very FUBAR'ed.

I have the orginal dresser. I only deleted animation ressource in it. Now it working for me fine. I have all EPīs and Mini packs. But this dresser has no groundshadow ( bug ??)
It is bigger. Sorry, I dont know, how I can attached a screenshot.
It is why I mentioned, I would to have both in game. It is only one in game possible. This one from LDarcy, who has groundshadow and slots. it take the mesh from Ikea Pack or this I have posted. It seems to take the mesh from Bonus package.
I'm sorry, you were right. The mesh in bonus package IS indeed larger than the one included in IKEA pack. I must have put the unedited package in Bins folder when I was testing, so smaller mesh in IKEA pack must have overriden the larger mesh.
I'll look into salvaging this larger mesh as a separate dresser, with repository technique applied to pull textures from the smaller version.

Thanks Havelock for awesome recolors! *baaaaa*

Hey Darcy, out of interest, will you be doing this to the objects and sims avaliable freely on the official The Sims 2 website?
Yes, eventually, though it's a sloooow ongoing process.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-07-05
« Reply #63 on: 2008 July 07, 23:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG  Shocked Thank u so much!!!!   Kiss   I really appreciate u getting all these goodies from those, well put it this way, we pay 4 the game and these should b put on the EA website free 4 all 2 download, not tucked away like some dirty little secret EA only want a few 2 know about! Huh

Uh, yeah.....that'd go down well...... Roll Eyes

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-07-05
« Reply #64 on: 2008 July 08, 13:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG  Shocked Thank u so much!!!!   Kiss   I really appreciate u getting all these goodies from those, well put it this way, we pay 4 the game and these should b put on the EA website free 4 all 2 download, not tucked away like some dirty little secret EA only want a few 2 know about! Huh

EEK!  Where are the Grammar Police when we need them?

Jake, please go and read the FAQ, and pay special attention to the "How NOT to post" section.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-07-09)
« Reply #65 on: 2008 July 08, 18:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-07-09: IKEA Dresser and TV were updated. New version is attached in this post.

MANDAL dresser now comes in two sizes. Smaller version requires OFB or later, and pulls textures from the large dresser. Both have 3 decorative slots enabled on top. Thanks to Heli for the information on the bigger mesh.
You have to sell and rebuy objects for them to pick up change.

Fixed wallshadows for dresser and TV.

"Standalone" version that does not require IKEA pack is now available as well. It's not updated to Pets, FT or AL, so DIY.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 20, 05:15:27 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Crow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-07-09)
« Reply #66 on: 2008 July 09, 03:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get the Double Deluxe Bonus items to work.  I download them but when I open the file, it says 0 files.  Sad  Please help me I want that 2nd dress, the pink one.  Please.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2008 July 09, 11:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get the Double Deluxe Bonus items to work.  I download them but when I open the file, it says 0 files.  Sad  Please help me I want that 2nd dress, the pink one.  Please.

Link is OK. Try redownload, or get all-in-one RAR in the first post.

Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 July 09, 16:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Lord Darcy! I tried to update the Tv myself but the animations weren't ok and the Tv was badly placed after tinkering.

One question; where can I find a tutorial to make custom stuff recolourable? I cannot find any in MTS2 or google.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2008 July 10, 17:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to update the Tv myself but the animations weren't ok and the Tv was badly placed after tinkering.

Explained here. I only discovered this while updating IKEA TV.

where can I find a tutorial to make custom stuff recolourable? I cannot find any in MTS2 or google.

I don't think I've seen a tutorial either. I just worked it out myself looking into CEP.

Basically, you need to add a new block named tsDesignModeEnabled to the GMND, and add new MMATs for all recolorable subsets.
This tutorial will be of help if you don't know how to add a new block to GMND. (Look for the part "8. Editing the Geometric Node".) While this tutorial is about adding tsMaterialsMeshName, it's basically the same process. Instead of String, you have to add new Arrays for all recolorable subsets. Looking into CEP file (_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package) or a clone of another recolorable object will give you an idea.

To make a new MMAT, make a throwaway clone of another object, edit modelName, name, objectGUID and subsetName, extract/add.

Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 July 10, 23:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to update the Tv myself but the animations weren't ok and the Tv was badly placed after tinkering.

Explained here. I only discovered this while updating IKEA TV.

Thanks! I deleted the Anims from the Tv but didn't changed the BHAV.

where can I find a tutorial to make custom stuff recolourable? I cannot find any in MTS2 or google.

I don't think I've seen a tutorial either. I just worked it out myself looking into CEP.

Basically, you need to add a new block named tsDesignModeEnabled to the GMND, and add new MMATs for all recolorable subsets.
This tutorial will be of help if you don't know how to add a new block to GMND. (Look for the part "8. Editing the Geometric Node".) While this tutorial is about adding tsMaterialsMeshName, it's basically the same process. Instead of String, you have to add new Arrays for all recolorable subsets. Looking into CEP file (_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package) or a clone of another recolorable object will give you an idea.

To make a new MMAT, make a throwaway clone of another object, edit modelName, name, objectGUID and subsetName, extract/add.

Thanks for that too!
Sukigu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 July 11, 14:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how can I remove an object's recolorability? I don't care because I don't want any recolor of the pre-order bonuses, it's just because of this ugly line:

I tried to delete the tsDesignModeEnabled block but if I do that, the game crashes when entering the seating section of Buy Mode. Undecided
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2008 July 11, 15:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how can I remove an object's recolorability? I don't care because I don't want any recolor of the pre-order bonuses, it's just because of this ugly line:

<snip>

The line is there because I made both subsets (fabric and frame) to be recolorable.

I tried to delete the tsDesignModeEnabled block but if I do that, the game crashes when entering the seating section of Buy Mode. Undecided

Don't touch GMND. Just deleting MMATs will do.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2008 July 11, 18:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just goes to show you can't please all of the people all of the time, LD Wink There's always one....I wouldn't mind but they didn't even say thanks... Roll Eyes

Sukigu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 July 11, 18:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The line is there because I made both subsets (fabric and frame) to be recolorable.
Yes, but it looks misaligned, it's too close to the left (which doesn't happen with default EAxis's objects).
Don't touch GMND. Just deleting MMATs will do.
Thank you, now everything is great! Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: