More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:54:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-10-10)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-10-10)  (Read 524320 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-09-05)
« Reply #125 on: 2008 September 06, 00:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using Internet Exploiter? Someone else had a similar issue just a day or two ago with another download. Try FireFox.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
GLS Preorders (Updated 2008-09-15)
« Reply #126 on: 2008 September 08, 11:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-09-08: Updated GLS TV and IKEA TV to AL. Elders can watch TV while lounging on sofas. (SP2 & SP8 were updated.)

2008-09-15: GLS Luxury TV was updated again. Fixed the broken state FX for GLS TV and IKEA TV. Created 3 decorative slots on top of GLS TV. (SP2 & SP8 were updated.)

(Ship in bottle was unlocked by Havelock, which is posted here.)
« Last Edit: 2008 December 20, 03:47:59 by Lord Darcy » Logged

CatOfEvilGenius
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-09-15)
« Reply #127 on: 2008 September 16, 05:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a fantastic set. Smiley  Maxis makes us pay for this stuff, you fix it, make it much better, and give it away for free.   Great for those who refuse to preorder and wait until Maxis releases patches.

Please spay or neuter your pets --- my Sims2 clothing meshes
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-09-15)
« Reply #128 on: 2008 September 16, 17:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about adding slots on IKEA TVs?
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2008 September 17, 20:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-09-18: Havelock updated Deluxe preorder Jukebox to fix animation. AL version is now separate from FT version.

What about adding slots on IKEA TVs?
2-tiled TV meshes are weird, I can't rely on 3D editor to find out correct coordinates. Right now I'm too burned out to calibrate it by eye. Maybe later.

Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-09-18)
« Reply #130 on: 2008 October 09, 00:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy, I updated and decustumized the Pre-Order Swing Set from SNS. It is updated to AL, feel free to add it to the main thread Grin.

Note: If you don't have AL, download the original version.

* SwingSetWood.zip (270.22 KB - downloaded 9492 times.)
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-09-18)
« Reply #131 on: 2008 October 10, 00:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also did the SNS Pre-Order Wall Trellis Flowerbox. It has retrieved "Plant Globals", it used to have "Sculpture Globals" instead.

* WallTrellisFlowerbox.package (251.59 KB - downloaded 8340 times.)
Timoram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-10-10)
« Reply #132 on: 2008 October 17, 16:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this Lord Darcy !

I've noticed a bug ; when I clic on "2007: The Year, The Glasses", it won't affect my Sim, I cannot wear it even if I can clic on it.
And, the Neon Frostball always crash during loading of a lot, the classical message of error appears when loading is complete (but before th black screen before the lot appears), and it crash everytime.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-10-10)
« Reply #133 on: 2008 October 21, 13:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed a bug ; when I clic on "2007: The Year, The Glasses", it won't affect my Sim, I cannot wear it even if I can clic on it.
Works fine in my game. Note that they're enabled only for Everyday, Formal and Outerwear.
Which EPs do you have? Try Argon's version instead.

And, the Neon Frostball always crash during loading of a lot, the classical message of error appears when loading is complete (but before th black screen before the lot appears), and it crash everytime.
Can't reproduce the issue, it doesn't cause crash in my game.

Timoram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008 October 21, 14:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works fine in my game. Note that they're enabled only for Everyday, Formal and Outerwear.
Which EPs do you have? Try Argon's version instead.

All EPs and Stuff Packs, include HHS and Store Edition, but I didn't own Deluxe or Double Deluxe.

EDIT : I tryed Argon's version, but it didn't work too. I place it into my latest Bins folder, and I don't place it into a subfolder of it.
But it doesn't matter, we're about to enter in 2009...
« Last Edit: 2008 October 21, 15:10:06 by Timoram » Logged
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: 2008 October 21, 21:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I place it into my latest Bins folder, and I don't place it into a subfolder of it.
That's the problem. Skin files do not work in Bins folder, only objects should go there.
Put it in your Downloads folder.

JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-08-01)
« Reply #136 on: 2008 October 29, 16:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-08-01: IKEA End Table and both Dressers were updated.

Added a decorative slot for IKEA STRIND end table. Slightly adjusted slot positions and reduced slot overlapping for both IKEA MANDAL dressers.

Download

Hi Darcy,

I use the one from the big download on first page. The problem is I can not place any object on the extra slot. They always stand on the floor an go through the table.

Greetz
Jo
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-08-01)
« Reply #137 on: 2008 November 02, 09:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is I can not place any object on the extra slot. They always stand on the floor an go through the table.
Had you bothered to read a couple more posts right under the post you've quoted, you would have noticed that other people already reported the exact same problem, to which I provided the solution. Roll Eyes

Also, please don't sign your name in your post. Use the signature instead. Read the FAQ and lurk MOAR.

Timoram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 November 13, 11:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great, Lord Darcy ! Thanks a lot for this !

I hope that this question will not annoy you...
How do you decustomized objects ?
 Roll Eyes
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 November 13, 22:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends on the kind of stuff (clothing or objects). It's basically (for objects) to assign a Group Number, update to any new EP, fix minor bugs, and remove duplicate useless files. Waht do you want to decostumize?
Timoram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008 November 14, 09:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends on the kind of stuff (clothing or objects). It's basically (for objects) to assign a Group Number, update to any new EP, fix minor bugs, and remove duplicate useless files. What do you want to decostumize?

Some exchange objects from Maxis... All Ford cars, the Fiat Punto, the Alienware computer, the five topiary (or topiaries ? I didn't know the correct spelling - yes, my English is weird) and the objects above :
Blushing Rose
Asinine Airhead

INFJ--it's fun living in Fantasyland :)

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008 November 14, 14:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly is the function of the "*_3D.package" files that come with the clothing (such as the FT exercise outfits)?  Since the clothing shows up in CAS when I omit them from the Downloads folder, I assume they're not essential.  Why are they included with the files, and what exactly do they do?

*is still only on her first cup of coffee, and hopes she's not asking something stupid in her caffeine-deprived morning haze...*

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours.       --Richard Bach
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 2008 November 14, 15:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*_3D.package files in EAxian skins contain mesh and textures. In most cases they're essential.

Blushing Rose
Asinine Airhead

INFJ--it's fun living in Fantasyland :)

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008 November 14, 16:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*_3D.package files in EAxian skins contain mesh and textures. In most cases they're essential.

Roll Eyes I discovered this to be true (after a second cup of coffee) when I installed the EP5 halter swimsuit and it would not work without the accompanying 3D.package.  I didn't figure you'd stick unnecessary files in the downloads, which I why I was confused as to why the first one I tried was apparently not needed.  No problem--I'll just create a sub-folder and include them all together.  Thanks Smiley

*is now thinking about a third cup of coffee, and is glad she didn't ask why the thumbnails weren't showing up properly before she thought to delete the caches... Embarrassed *

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours.       --Richard Bach
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 November 15, 00:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some exchange objects from Maxis... All Ford cars, the Fiat Punto, the Alienware computer, the five topiary (or topiaries ? I didn't know the correct spelling - yes, my English is weird) and the objects above :

You can find most of those objects at Peasantry:
- Run With Sissors, Cupid, & Alienware By Argon
- Tropiaries By Argon
- There are others but I cannot remember where they are, take a look at Peasantry.

As far as I know there's no decostumized cars, I'll may do them (yesterday I was working on them) and post them here.
Timoram
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008 November 15, 09:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know there's no decostumized cars, I'll may do them (yesterday I was working on them) and post them here.

I just remember that EA add on the official site the Burnout Montgomery Hawker with two versions, a low-res and a high-res and four recolors for all versions...
Oh, and good luck ! *Dreaming about a cup of cocoa, many Xmas presents on the floor and snow behind the window, with jazz music and a great novel...*

EDIT : I almost forgot about the ESMOD contest (just click on orange links to downloads those ugly - but Maxis tenues), and some Easter and Valentine bonus on the Exchange, if somebody remember them... They made too bonus stuff ! Why not integrate them in the game without custom asterisk ?
« Last Edit: 2008 November 15, 09:52:52 by Timoram » Logged
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 November 22, 18:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy, I decostumized two of the Garden & Mansion bonuses, download here.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008 December 09, 20:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone extracted all the objects from here? http://www.diesims2.de/files.list.asp?nav_page=1&category=7&searchstr=
(A login from the main sims2 site works) Everything sadly though is now .exe instead it used to be basic .package a few months ago they have added new things. I'm a bit afraid to know what the .exe does.
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2008 December 10, 02:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nanacake, those are The Sims 1 items. That's why they are in an exe.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2008 December 10, 04:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh sorry wrong link
http://www.diesims2.de/files.list.asp?nav_page=1&category=37&searchstr=

So they still have in .zip but there used to be an egg radio and a soccer uniform and other objects. I guess they are lost now.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: