More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:28:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to use the "individualRoofSlopeAngle" and "familyfunds" cheats?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to use the "individualRoofSlopeAngle" and "familyfunds" cheats?  (Read 8724 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
How to use the "individualRoofSlopeAngle" and "familyfunds" cheats?
« on: 2008 March 24, 12:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get "individualRoofSlopeAngle" to work. It does not seem to have any effect. How do you use it so that your roofs can have different slope on one lot? ("roofslopeangle", on the other hand, is working fine.)

I can use "familyfunds" cheat fine, until there are more than one family with the same last name in the neiborhood, then it becomes inconsistent. It does not consistently fail, that is. Sometimes it works, both in neighborhood view and within a lot, but I don't know how and why. Anybody knows the exact usage? Like if you have the family selected in the neighborhood view (it does not)? or you just visited that specific family?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: How to use the "individualRoofSlopeAngle" and "familyfunds" cheats?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 24, 12:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For individualRoofSlopeAngle, enter the cheat, with a number, then I think you hold down Ctrl + Alt and click on the roof you want to change.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 24, 14:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can use "familyfunds" cheat fine, until there are more than one family with the same last name in the neiborhood, then it becomes inconsistent. It does not consistently fail, that is. Sometimes it works, both in neighborhood view and within a lot, but I don't know how and why. Anybody knows the exact usage? Like if you have the family selected in the neighborhood view (it does not)? or you just visited that specific family?
The only way I've found to be foolproof with familyfunds + multiple families of the same last name is to do the cheat while the family you want to edit is in the bin. Select them and enter the cheat.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 24, 14:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rename families in SimPE (i.e. 3 families all named Smith would become Smith1, Smith2 and Smith3), so that I don't have multiple families with the same surname.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 24, 15:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the functionality of the familyFunds cheat changed with one of the EPs? I haven't installed FT as yet but have the rest of the EPs. As I've played a few legacy style games I often have multiple families with same name and I was pretty sure that it used to work ok, or maybe I've been lucky. I tried to redistribute some funds around the MATY Inverted 'hood today using familyFunds with the lot loaded for the family I wanted to subtract the simoleans from. Nothing happened so I tried a couple more times, still no joy. When I exited and loaded up the same named household I wanted to 'transfer' the funds to I found that they were the target of the subtraction and were about -90k. I didn't even know a lot could have a negative net worth though I do run with debug on all the time so it may act differently. I'd also like to find a reliable way to work around this that doesn't need me to rename families in SimPE.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 24, 16:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that the lotload method stopped working for me with BV. Not 100% sure if I'd attempted it with Seasons, so it's possible it started earlier. I do rename families (stupid EAxis naming generated pet "households" with a family's name), but generally I need to do the cheat right when I move some kids out of the house, and I don't feel like closing the game and opening SimPE and reloading the game.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 24, 16:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For individualRoofSlopeAngle, enter the cheat, with a number, then I think you hold down Ctrl + Alt and click on the roof you want to change.

Yes, it works. Thank you very much, Gwill.

I tried to redistribute some funds around the MATY Inverted 'hood today using familyFunds with the lot loaded for the family I wanted to subtract the simoleans from. Nothing happened so I tried a couple more times, still no joy. When I exited and loaded up the same named household I wanted to 'transfer' the funds to I found that they were the target of the subtraction and were about -90k.

I had that experience, except the target was correct. I have a feeling that something you do previously (like played that family immediately before, or moved that family from the bin, I can't trace back) will register the cheat to a certain targeted family. But my evidence was not conclusive. Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes it works. No clue.

Hey, I found this: http://www.jd-movies.com/allmenus.php , about some "hidden cheats" and I noticed that there is a "money [n/+n/-n] n - any number. You can enter or add or substract any amount of money" cheat. The method involves altering GlobalProps.xml  in  TSData Config. The purpose seems to be that the "boolprop cheat [i.e., the testing cheat] will be automatically activated". But I activated it at neighborhood view, and the money cheat does not work. I'll back up and see. It might be very well worth it if it works.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 24, 19:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never mess with 'FamilyFunds' cheats, it's the good, old Money Order from Pescado for me.   True, someone in the family at least has to know someone in the other family for it to work, but there are ways around that.  If i wish to remove money from the game entirely, then some random townie/NPC gets lucky.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 24, 19:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try using moneyorder next time. I did have a go at some of the menu commands on the linked web page but they didn't work so I assume that by altering the GlobalProps file you are activating debug mode earlier in the game load process so some extra options are made available.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 24, 19:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some people have said they just use the familyfunds cheat while on the Lot of the family they wish to give/remove money to/from
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 24, 20:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THANK YOU. I've never managed to get this to work. I assumed you turned it on and away you went, all the roofs would slope at the entered angle, as they were drawn on the house.

@Sleepycat - yes, that's what I do.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 24, 20:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to still have one of the roofing tools selected as well. I randomly forget that and start cussing at things.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 24, 20:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some people have said they just use the familyfunds cheat while on the Lot of the family they wish to give/remove money to/from

As I have multiple households with the same name that's the way I've mostly used it and that's what was broken for me today. Instead of subtracting it from the lot (A) I had loaded, it took the money away from a different lot (B). Interestingly lot B that the money was removed from had only been created today. In addition, the occupant of lot B had originally been resident in lot A and had moved into the new lot after graduating.

EAxis must dynamically create/store some list or array of households and then use it e.g. for the familyFunds cheat. I wouldn't be surprised if they were dumb enough to use a non-unique string to match against entries. Fair enough if you're in the neighbourhood view but when you've got a lot loaded then the cheat ought to be applied to that lot if the name matches.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 24, 21:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I have multiple households with the same name that's the way I've mostly used it and that's what was broken for me today. Instead of subtracting it from the lot (A) I had loaded, it took the money away from a different lot (B). Interestingly lot B that the money was removed from had only been created today. In addition, the occupant of lot B had originally been resident in lot A and had moved into the new lot after graduating.

EAxis must dynamically create/store some list or array of households and then use it e.g. for the familyFunds cheat. I wouldn't be surprised if they were dumb enough to use a non-unique string to match against entries. Fair enough if you're in the neighbourhood view but when you've got a lot loaded then the cheat ought to be applied to that lot if the name matches.

If that's the case, what happens when you clear your caches?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 24, 21:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think it goes with the household of the name that has the latest creation date. That's how I ended up having all my familyfund'ed money going to the stray pets family back in BV.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 24, 22:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that's the case, what happens when you clear your caches?

I suspect it's the code logic that is at fault in which case it's only fixable by an Eaxis patch, though I will delete the cache files before loading next time and see if it makes a difference. As I am not the only to experience this I'm rather doubtful of it working so the moneyorder package has been installed.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 25, 10:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THANK YOU. I've never managed to get this to work. I assumed you turned it on and away you went, all the roofs would slope at the entered angle, as they were drawn on the house.

No problem.  I spent a lot of time googling to find that answers a few months back.  It's amazing how many pages there are out there that lists the cheats (many of them with "twinzr2cute" still on the list) without any instructions on how to use them.
I don't think even MTS2 had instructions at the time, although I see it's on their cheat FAQ now.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 25, 11:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking forward to trying it out, I'm renovating yet another Eaxian house from Desiderata.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 25, 13:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rename families in SimPE (i.e. 3 families all named Smith would become Smith1, Smith2 and Smith3), so that I don't have multiple families with the same surname.

Doesn't Pescado say that doesn't get the name change everywhere it needs to go?  Safer to use the option on the lotdebugger.  Quicker than quitting the game to boot up simPE as well.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 25, 13:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lot debugger will allow you to change the first name or last name of an individual sim, but it won't change the name of the household.  To do that in-game, I'd have to change the last name of one sim in the household (e.g. from Smith to Smith1), move that sim out on their own to get a household named "Smith1", move the rest of the family out, move the renamed sim back in, then move the rest of the family in.  If I want to change the name of the household, it's much simpler to do it in SimPE.  AFAIK there is no hack or other in-game method for changing the household name.

Pescado has said that it's only the first name that needs to be changed in-game.  He has stated somewhere that it is safe to change the last name in SimPE.  The lot debugger's ability to change the last name is there for convenience.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 25, 13:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for clarifying - I'm obviously in need of a coffee injection to improve my thinking.... heads off towards coffee pot..

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 25, 14:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no functionality at present for changing the family name, and it is completely safe to do so in SimPE. You will end up with a family name that might not match anyone living there, but there is nothing wrong with this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 25, 16:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, it works! The "money +n/-n/n" works after you do the changes. It comes really handy. But I didn't test it on a hood with multiple families with the same family name. But I think it should work on whichever lot you are currently on.

I normally use the money order, but sometimes I need a quick adjustment for funds, like giving up an employee's salary when you play the employee (because it comes from nowhere, while I don't like "employee no double dipping" which keeps the employee from going to work at all, either). Also now that I'm starting a hood from zero fund, I have to think of ways to justify its cost ($5), like opening a post office and sell those money orders. Before somebody has enough money to do that, there is no money order growing from trees, isn't there?  Cheesy So I have to rely on money cheats.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 25, 16:24:39 by Lion » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: