More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:46:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  FT - Hunt Bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FT - Hunt Bugs  (Read 15255 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: FT - Hunt Bugs
« Reply #25 on: 2008 March 26, 22:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody (jfade, paladin or dizzy) had a hack that made servos waterproof -- maybe that slipped into your game?  Mine can't fix plumbing without shorting out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 March 26, 23:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody (jfade, paladin or dizzy) had a hack that made servos waterproof -- maybe that slipped into your game?  Mine can't fix plumbing without shorting out.

It was Dolphin26 at MTS2. http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=151932

Recently updated to say it is unsupported and might cause bugs, but I haven't noticed any. Plays just fine in my game.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 March 26, 23:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm positive I don't have anything like that - all of my hacks are Awesome or 50% Less Awesome from TwoJeffs and on the very rare occasion when I download a lot, I only install the lot file using CleanInstaller.  Undecided  I think my neighborhood is on a fast track to implosion anyway. I have ghosts that change colors sporadically and won't stay in their headstones during the day, Servos who are seemingly invincible, new NPCs being created even though I spawned all of them after using clean templates to start with and keep the norespawns firmly in place at all times... it's rather discouraging as I only play one family and haven't even made it to the fifth generation yet.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 March 27, 07:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My ghosts like swimming in the sea. It certainly keeps them from bothering the other members of the household.

More F than you
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 March 27, 13:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My servos seem to fix plumbing with no problems too & I'm pretty sure I don't have a 'waterproof servo' hack.  Maybe it's the usual sado-randomiser in action.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 March 27, 15:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had servos fix some bath tubs and showers with no problem at all, yet break down and run amoc after just trying to clean the corner shower.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 March 28, 04:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can clean tubs and shower tubs without problems. It is the showers that make them short out.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 March 31, 16:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to El Presidente, the bug-hunting result stuff is spaghetti.  He said that his best guess at the time (He hadn't been looking very long or very hard) was that getting that last bug was impossible.  He said something about having thirty slots, but one would be "get nothing", so #30 bug would never be found.  I'm not explaining well, but I hope you get the gist.  I don't know if he's working on a fix, if he's ignoring the problem, if he died at 3AM last night, or if Mrs. Pes has him doing the laundry.  Hopefully, a new shiny will magically appear in the near future.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2008 March 31, 19:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new FT patch that was posted in EA Germany claims to have fixed this bug.

Auch der "Sozialus-Falter" kann nun für die Insektensammlung gefangen werden.

mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 April 01, 02:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if that works on the USian version.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2008 April 01, 02:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if that works on the USian version.

I think it will work, as Sims games are always multilingual, they never make separate patches for each language. I'm guessing that they're using non-US EA sites as a test-run, so that they can quietly pull the patch without much repercussion to avoid another fiasco like that fucked-up second Seasons patch with screaming babies. Just one more example showing that EAxis is effectively treating customers like they are beta testers.

I'm not going to touch the patch with ten-foot barge pole until new NoCD comes out, no Suckurom thanks.

mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 April 01, 03:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.  The official USian BBS claims the other sites put it out "early", and that it will work.  Supposedly it will be on the USian site "shortly".
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 April 02, 00:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed it in my USian game, it works. Caught the last butterfly in only three hours. The bug box does nothing with a full set of bugs.

Eschew Obfuscation.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 April 02, 01:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's disappointing, don't they realise they're supposed to 'reward' us for completing these collections  Cry
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 April 02, 01:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they made us wait 5 weeks before it could be completed due to their faulty coding, suggested in the game you get something special when it is completed, and then nothing happens.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 April 02, 02:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they made us wait 5 weeks before it could be completed due to their faulty coding, suggested in the game you get something special when it is completed, and then nothing happens.

They did the same thing with vacation mementos. I could have sworn it said something special would happen if you got them all, but no dice. They just like giving everyone blue balls - sadistic bastards.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: