More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:12:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  FT - Hunt Bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FT - Hunt Bugs  (Read 15256 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
FT - Hunt Bugs
« on: 2008 March 23, 13:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone ever managed to collect all the bugs in Free Time?
I have a bigfoot who has spent most of his adult life, and his entire elder life pluss two whole kegs of elixier of life, doing nothing but hunting bugs.  Seriously: hunt for bugs, chased by bees, hunt for bugs, chased by bees, bubble bath, rinse and repeat.
And he's still one bug short.  A butterfly to be exact.

I had another sim do pretty much the same thing, she had two bugs left when she perished to old age.

Has anyone been able to catch 'em all?  Does anything interesting happen if you do?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: FT - Hunt Bugs
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 23, 16:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got two sims that are very close, probably finish today. Will let you know. There is a spider or beetle that I think you may only be able to get on a hike. Maybe that is it? I have also had sims find spiders at work with the FT chance cards.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 23, 18:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got all beetles and spiders.  I'm short one butterfly:

The same butterfly was missing for my other bughunting sim.

I'm sick of bughunting, so I'll try sending him on some hikes in stead, and see how it goes.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 23, 18:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two Sims missing the same butterfly as well. I haven't sent them hiking much because of the massive energy hit they take but I will give it a try as well.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 23, 20:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got two sims that are very close, probably finish today. Will let you know. There is a spider or beetle that I think you may only be able to get on a hike. Maybe that is it? I have also had sims find spiders at work with the FT chance cards.

That would explain why the Plantsim who has spent  several weeks on the secret forest lot hasn't found her last bug either (and I think it's the same one others have mentioned). I'm going to have to send her on more hikes.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 23, 22:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been sending bigfoot on some hikes, one of which resulted in a pop-up telling me that he had found a butterfly, but didn't catch it because he already had one.  Aside from that I've been massively annoyed by the poison ivy itches, but managed to beg a little shiny out of Pes, so I'll keep trying.
Will keep testing.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 24, 06:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you send him to that stupid park? If not, maybe it can only be caught there.

More F than you
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 24, 07:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you send him to that stupid park? If not, maybe it can only be caught there.

I did send mine to Peerless Park, and he found diddly-squat. Only went once though, and I will check that later. I have had quite enough bug hunting for the evening.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 24, 09:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's been to the park, but not for weeks on end.  Will try that if hiking fails.
I don't trust community lots without the debugger, and I haven't had time to modify the hobby lots yet.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 25, 02:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to catch 'em all?  Does anything interesting happen if you do?
How much do you want to bet that nothing interesting whatsoever happens once you've collected them all?

Like vacation mementos...it's just fun for people with OCD to fill in every last blank slot.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 25, 03:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like vacation mementos...it's just fun for people with OCD to fill in every last blank slot.

More interesting than continuous handwashing, surely?  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 25, 10:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I maxed out all hobbies with a sim, and yes; nothing happened.
I was really annoyed at the vacation memories when they turned out to do absolutely nothing.  I did it once and never bothered with it again.
I'd be very surprised if anything happened this time.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 25, 11:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly if you get all 30 bugs, you can place the bugbox somewhere and it functions as a mood enhancer, a la Snapdragon.  I've not gotten the 30 bugs, ever, so I do not know if this is so.  *sigh*  I thought I had once, but I hadn't.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 25, 11:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From searching through the UI, this is what the missing butterfly is supposed to look like:

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 25, 16:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been sending my Servo out on a few hikes everyday and he's gotten poison ivy, been swarmed by bees, met half the neighborhood, and found a couple of beetles that he already had but still no sign of that last butterfly.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 25, 18:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado suspects EA borked the code.  *gasp*
While we wait for a fix, it is at least possible to debug click the bug box and force all butterflies on it.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 26, 09:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been sending my Servo out on a few hikes everyday and he's gotten poison ivy, been swarmed by bees, met half the neighborhood, and found a couple of beetles that he already had but still no sign of that last butterfly.
Surely servo's shouldn't be bothered by poison ivy!  I'd say they shouldn't care about bees either, but getting one stuck in a mechanical joint might be a problem!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 26, 09:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surely servo's shouldn't be bothered by poison ivy!  I'd say they shouldn't care about bees either, but getting one stuck in a mechanical joint might be a problem!

I think the sihiny Pescado bestowed on me fixes that.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 26, 09:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I installed FT the servo in my Legacy family is rolling wants to swim in the sea and play marco polo. She even started having a bath but I got her out in time.

It is bad enough when she tries to play with the water wiggler.

More F than you
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 26, 09:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does your servo have a playful personality by any chance?   If so, doing silly things for fun should be normal behaviour...

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 26, 11:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shall have to check. I was thinking of having her move out as she and the legacy heir simply hate one another and she has done her fair share of changing diapers by now anyway.

More F than you
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 26, 14:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a servo with full green bars walk up to the espresso machine, make espresso and drink it last night.  Then he got the coffee shakes.  Funniest thing I ever saw, but I've never seen it before FT.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 26, 16:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've caught my Servo doing cannonballs into the pool a couple of times, then I remembered to turn free will off again. I can't remember his pre-werewolf personality at the moment, but I think he only had 3 or 4 playful points.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 March 26, 17:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of times?  Didn't he short out? My servo kept rolling a want to soak in the hot tub, and it annoyed me so much after a while that I finally sent him to do it, and he shorted out within a couple of minutes.  Kept him that way for a while, too, until his servo girlfriend autonomously fixed him.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 March 26, 18:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time I've caught him just as he's jumping in so I immediately had him get out. He never ran amok because of it. I thought broken plumbing  made robots short out, but he can fix showers and sinks without a problem too. He got struck by lightning getting off the tour bus while he was on vacation in Takemizu Village and while he was spazzing out he got struck again. I can't decide what to do with him because there's something that just isn't right about him but I can't think of a fitting way for him to die. Right now he's hold all my Sims' fish while I find a nice business lot for them to set up their farmers' market.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: