More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:33:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Shit hits the fan
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shit hits the fan  (Read 6742 times)
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Shit hits the fan
« on: 2008 March 22, 22:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I've got an Armageddon going on in my game.  It's all happening at once.

So, first, I tried to add a college to my game.  Crash.
Deleted that neighborhood, added new one, tried to add a college.  Crash.
It only crashes when it says "Loading [Collegename]."  WTF is up?

So, decided to ignore the colleges.  Loaded up CAS.  Missing textures about.  Tried to make a more than one sim family resulted in a crash.

All crashes created a message that says, "The application has crashed and will now terminate."  I don't know what's wrong.  I just want to play sims.  Undecided

Removing hacks does NOT help.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Shit hits the fan
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 22, 22:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you check your saved sim file? you could have a corrupt file in there.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 23, 03:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gimme your soul and I'll fix your game....

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 31, 02:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What expansions exactly are you running?  It might also help to know how many character files you have, whether they have been checked in SimPE, whether you have a zillion bartenders, stuff like that......

Zephyr Zodiac
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 31, 16:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you, by any chance, uninstall and reinstall a previous EP?  Sometimes, that really confuses the engine, and it believes that the content doesn't exist.  I've learned to uninstall/reinstall everything or nothing because of this.  Also possible:  Have you been playing with the permissions on your folders?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 01, 00:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've frequently uninstalled my latest EP and then reinstalled it, and never encountered a problem like that!  But I would never uninstall, for example, NL, if my latest EP was Seasons, I'd uninstall backwards to NL, and then reinstall everything afterwards.  And usually unless the registry key itself is faulty there's no need to uninstall/reinstall.  If it's a faulty file within the install, then that can be copied over from the CD/DVD or the download back-up in Program Data without resorting to that extreme.

However, if you are just playing the Base Game + Uni, there is often a problem with the first install, I know I had one, and so did a lot of other people, and uninstalling Uni and then reinstalling it after rebooting and defragging worked for me.  Just save your game folders in My Documents onto the desktop and put them back in afterwards. 

The only other thing that occurs to me is that, if you are only running Uni, you may not have installed the CEP, and you need this for recolours of the stuff like the cheap shower to show up .

Zephyr Zodiac
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 01, 00:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the install just got corrupted somehow? The fact that EVERYTHING is BFBVFS makes me think this may not really be related to playing the game/hacks, and just general screwiness. Honestly, I'd just assume your game is fucked, back up your neighborhoods, and do a reinstall.

Can this be blamed on Vista?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 01, 02:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said, that first install of Uni is often screwed up - but the same has actually happened to me with every EP I installed for the first time from CD or DVD (not with the EA downloaded version though) so I tend to think that absolutely brand-shiny-new discs sometimes don't install properly, but once they are just slightly less so they reinstall fine.

Zephyr Zodiac
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 01, 03:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What expansions exactly are you running?  It might also help to know how many character files you have, whether they have been checked in SimPE, whether you have a zillion bartenders, stuff like that......

Did you even read the OP? He said that this happened with a brand new hood.

Sounds like a bad install or a corrupt core file to me. You might want to uninstall/reinstall and then make sure that your TS2 files under program files are set as read only so that something like this doesn't happen again.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 01, 03:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.

I have all EPs, no SPs.  My game IS compatible with all specs, 100% sure.  I think I will just reinstall.

Thanks, y'all.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 02, 02:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Invisigoth, I know the OP said it happened with a brand new hood, but I thought it might help to know why it happened in the first place.  And I wasn't sure whether he meant a new hood or a new sub-hood, which would surely be two different things.  If it was a completely new hood, then obviously it had nothing to do with the first hood being corrupted, but if it was a new sub-hood, then there could have been a problem with the main hood.  And yes, I did read the OP, I'm not stupid, I was just trying to get a little more information.  If the problem is in the Uni program files and the OP is, as he says, running all EPs, then by isolating the cause it might be possible to replace the corrupt files and save having to do a complete uninstall/reinstall.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: