More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:47:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Two questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two questions  (Read 5369 times)
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Two questions
« on: 2008 March 22, 12:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well for some unknown reason, something has caused all my lots to reset. Fair enough, these things often happen. The problem is with one of my households, Nina (Caliente) Pleasant took the sports car to work. The reset caused her to spawn somewhere outside the house, but the car is missing and the driveway where it goes is unusable. I could probably try to delete it with moveobjects on, but I'm wondering if the car is lost for good, or will it inexplicably fall out of the sky one day?

Also, I want to add a second question rather than make another thread for it. Disappearing graves. I know that this is supposed to be caused by ghosts roaming the lot when it is saved and the hood is reset. However, this is apparently just isolated to the particular lot the ghost was on and in Pleasantview I have not had any ghosts roaming around and suddenly all the graves have disappeared, even from Gothier Green Lawns and even lots I've never been to. While I can respawn them, this happened in a previous PV (which combined with several other weird bad problems forced me to restart) and I want to know what keeps causing the game to completely remove my graves on a neighborhood wide scale.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 22, 15:18:49 by Alex » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Driveway has become unusable
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 22, 12:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why you should always save when sims are idle and on-lot. I think you've lost the car.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Two questions
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 22, 15:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the car will reappear sooner or later. That's what has happened in all the attempts I've made to cause the car to disappear like that so I could implement a retrieval function. If you've actually managed to get it to STICK that way, lemme know how, so I can reproduce it and add a "Dude, Where's My Car?" button to the Debugger.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 22, 20:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my graves disappeared randomly as well. The only thing I could attribute it to was that I'd been messing about with the Lot Debugger and SimPE to delete some character files. I'm pretty sure I didn't accidently delete the actual sim's character file though because he is still on the family tree and all his family remember him, nevertheless his grave is gone and there doesn't appear to be any option to respawn it either. This probably isn't helpful to you, unless you have been messing about in SimPE, but I'd like to know what causes it as well because I don't particularly want other graves disappearing.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 23, 05:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my graves disappeared randomly as well. The only thing I could attribute it to was that I'd been messing about with the Lot Debugger and SimPE to delete some character files. I'm pretty sure I didn't accidently delete the actual sim's character file though because he is still on the family tree and all his family remember him, nevertheless his grave is gone and there doesn't appear to be any option to respawn it either. This probably isn't helpful to you, unless you have been messing about in SimPE, but I'd like to know what causes it as well because I don't particularly want other graves disappearing.

To get the option to respawn the gravestone you need to pause the game, summon the ghost to the lot, and then make the ghost selectable, then use the ghost to click on the debugger where you should find the option to spawn the gravestone. Select that option, then make the ghost unselectable again and then unpause.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 23, 14:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the related problem of graves disappearing in transit to the cemetery, which seems to have come back with FT. Sim moves the grave, but it never appears on the cemetery lot.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 30, 11:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried putting graves into a sim's inventory and then going to Gothier Green Lawns or whatever cemetery you are using  and then, using the necessary cheats etc. tried placing the grave there manually to see whether it still disappears?

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 30, 11:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That trick wouldn't work unless the cemetary was ownable, because placing the graves on a community lot while visiting it will not save any changes, and will thus result in the disappearance of the tombstones, as it looks like the spawner is broken.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 30, 12:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, I'd forgotten about that!  You'd have to have your sim buy the cemetery first! Wink

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: