More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 08:07:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Corrupt lot/memory/sim? Or no big deal?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Corrupt lot/memory/sim? Or no big deal?  (Read 5878 times)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
Corrupt lot/memory/sim? Or no big deal?
« on: 2008 March 19, 06:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a teen sim go on a date (dream date).

When she returned home, she got flowers, and soon after, I sent her to college.  I followed her there, graduated her (sped up using simslice's college cheat sheet), and moved her back into the bin in Pleasantview.

Then, I went into her parents' house (where she lived during the dream date).  Her date came by with a hot-tub, even though she doesn't live there.  Then, he called the house, and I got a notice with him saying, "Oh, Teen Sim isn't there?  I'll call back later."  Could he have done this because she was in the bin with no phone?

Additionally, her mother had the LTW to graduate three children from college.  She actually graduated FOUR (the teen had a twin brother) when I re-entered this lot.  She's permaplat, but still has the same LTW.  I can't remember if she had the memory of the daughter growing up well or not.  Her HUSBAND had that memory...

So, is anything actually going WRONG here?  If there is, is it the lot, the mother, or the daughter?  I've never had a sim call a household for someone who moved out, and I don't know why the mother's LTW would re-roll as the same thing, seeing as how all her kids are adults and she was only 2 days away from becoming an elder.  Huh

Only Awesome hacks, by the way, and thanks.  Smiley

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Corrupt lot/memory/sim? Or no big deal?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 19, 07:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is wrong, then my game is going wrong too. I always get people phoning sims up who have moved out with that same message, especially in my Greek lot. The graduation memory thing is a known bug, and Pescado has a fix for it here.

[eta] I think the graduation bug fix only works with new sims, not ones who have already experienced the bug. Not sure though.

[eta again] Not sure if you have FT-that is the hack I linked to-but I think the fix is the same one in each directory anyway.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 19, 07:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is wrong, then my game is going wrong too. I always get people phoning sims up who have moved out with that same message, especially in my Greek lot.

Yep, i had a sim, who up to and including his dying day, would call a Univ lot for a particular girl.  Even tho she had graduated, moved back home, married the guy's son, had children, they were about ready to go off to college and all this time, she lived in HIS HOUSE!

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 19, 14:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is wrong, then my game is going wrong too. I always get people phoning sims up who have moved out with that same message, especially in my Greek lot. The graduation memory thing is a known bug, and Pescado has a fix for it here.

[eta] I think the graduation bug fix only works with new sims, not ones who have already experienced the bug. Not sure though.

[eta again] Not sure if you have FT-that is the hack I linked to-but I think the fix is the same one in each directory anyway.

Thank you, Emma.  I'm going to go ahead and download it, whether it works for her or not.  The FM says it stops DUPLICATE grad memories, which I don't think is my problem, but the hack certainly can't hurt my game anyway.
I figured the phoning part wasn't a bug, but a "feature," as there's text written for it.

The weird thing is that she's got the same LTW (Graduate  3 children).  Now that she's an elder, I'll probably just use the debugger to re-roll it, but it's still a little strange. 

Oh, well, they're elders, and I don't plan on moving anyone else into that house, so hopefully the bugginess is only with the mother or the lot and not the daughter.  Undecided

Thanks for your help!

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 19, 16:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is wrong, then my game is going wrong too. I always get people phoning sims up who have moved out with that same message, especially in my Greek lot.

Yep, i had a sim, who up to and including his dying day, would call a Univ lot for a particular girl.  Even tho she had graduated, moved back home, married the guy's son, had children, they were about ready to go off to college and all this time, she lived in HIS HOUSE!

Heh.  Evidence of sim-senility.

Tribulatio proxima est
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 19, 16:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then, I went into her parents' house (where she lived during the dream date).  Her date came by with a hot-tub, even though she doesn't live there.  Then, he called the house, and I got a notice with him saying, "Oh, Teen Sim isn't there?  I'll call back later."  Could he have done this because she was in the bin with no phone?

I had this happen once before and the phone calls continued even after the Sim he was calling for had died. I ended up dropping a satellite on the guy because he just wouldn't give up. I also noticed that any new contacts that a Sim may acquire will call back every night until s/he gets to talk to the target Sim. I think there's a token in their memories for contacts and follow up dates, you could try removing it in SimPE and see if that stops the calls. I've never actually tried this, I've only seen the tokens in their memories, so having a backup on hand would be a good thing to have.

Additionally, her mother had the LTW to graduate three children from college.  She actually graduated FOUR (the teen had a twin brother) when I re-entered this lot.  She's permaplat, but still has the same LTW.  I can't remember if she had the memory of the daughter growing up well or not.  Her HUSBAND had that memory...

Does the mother have the memory of each of her children graduating? Three generations of mothers in the house that I play only have the memory of their first child graduating college. I have to manually add the memories of any additional children graduating. The fathers and even siblings get all the correct memories but not the mothers. I haven't had the graduate 3 kids LTW yet so it hasn't caused any issues yet but it's still weird.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 19, 17:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim, Celestina, who had one child graduate before FreeTime and had one in college. She had the Graduate 3 children from College want. She only had two children, though she had another who counted as her child as well (long story and extremely spoilery). She was not to have her LTW fulfilled as I rolled a big "NO" for LTW, and the children's individual college rolls had given me two "YES" and one "NO". Lovely. Upon loading FreeTime, she's permaplat with a new LTW, and no memories of the first child graduating.

Generally, I don't give a crap about memories, but I do mind my sims being permaplat when they aren't to be. So far she's the only one.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 19, 17:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Upon loading FreeTime, she's permaplat with a new LTW, and no memories of the first child graduating.

Generally, I don't give a crap about memories, but I do mind my sims being permaplat when they aren't to be. So far she's the only one.

Yeah.  One of my lots in my beach hood, the young couple was just out of uni before FT came out.  Upon loading FT, they are suddenly both permaplat.  Only one of them is legit, due to his promotion to Capt. Hero.  His wife does not have any particular claim to LTW-hood.  Does not seem to have adversely affected any of the other households (there were only 3 anyway - reasonably new hood).  I've decided not to care about it.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 19, 17:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot debugger, under wants -- toggle LTW bit (or something like that). Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 19, 17:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the phone call problem, I've fixed it by giving the sim that should be receiving a call a cell phone. Invite them to the lot around 4:00 (or whenever the call usually comes in) keep them there until the call comes and they answer it on their cell phone. After that the caller will call the correct lot. (Well, it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that how it worked.)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 19, 19:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the phone call problem, I've fixed it by giving the sim that should be receiving a call a cell phone. Invite them to the lot around 4:00 (or whenever the call usually comes in) keep them there until the call comes and they answer it on their cell phone. After that the caller will call the correct lot. (Well, it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that how it worked.)

Intriguing.

I will give that a try and post the results.  Smiley

DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 20, 22:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has always worked for me.  The only other way to avoid the incessant phone calls is to wait for the inevitable post-date Random Townie Phone Call before sending them off to college or growing them up.  The only problem I've had with giving the Sim a cell phone and inviting them over is when the calls come at random times instead of 4pm; you might have to figure out a way to make them stick around for a while.  I was getting those calls at 11pm.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: