More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:59:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Inge's Backless Showertub - Updated to FreeTime
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Inge's Backless Showertub - Updated to FreeTime  (Read 47112 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Inge's Backless Showertub - Updated to FreeTime
« on: 2008 March 14, 14:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By croiduire's request, I updated Inge's Backless Showertub to the FreeTime. All functions up to FreeTime (Wash dogs, Tinkering) are now enabled, comfort and hygiene were raised to match Colonial Showertub. Recolorable. It has the same GUID and modelname as Inge's original version, so existing recolors for the original version are still usable.

I linked texture for unrecolorable metallic parts (showerhead and faucet) to the Maxis cheap showertub. In Inge's original version, it was linked to dirty state texture for the backless showertub. (See the picture below.) You'll notice the subtle difference.

Thanks to Inge for creating such a nice and versatile showertub.

Edit: amythestfenix made a bunch of nice recolors for this tub at The Laden Swallow. Matching curtains and tiles are also available.
Piggi of Piggi's Sims did some excellent recolors to be found here.

* IJbacklessST_FT.zip (76.77 KB - downloaded 4387 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 March 28, 03:35:23 by Lord Darcy » Logged

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Re: Inge's Backless Showertub - Updated to FreeTime
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 15, 13:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, a whole flock of baaaaing, Australian sheep ranch edition! Wow! You have no idea how very very very much I've wanted this! *does happy dance!*
Now to tackle recoloring that curtain!

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 15, 16:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please, oh please, tell me it will take shower/tub curtain recolors?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 15, 16:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, sorry, but no. I indeed tried to apply repository technique, but then tub took the original tiled wall texture around the rim.

EAxis never made the original cheap showertub recolorable in the first place, it was made recolorable only by CEP. Unlike Colonial showertub, you can't recolor curtain part and tub part separately.

I'm not sure if the dirty state of this tub is as borked as EAxis cheap showertub. Whenever EAxis showertub gets dirty, it reverts to original yellow curtain, even if you're using a proper recolor with both clean and dirty state.

amythestfenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 19, 04:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for making this great little item even greater!

If you have recolors for Inge's original tub, they will show up for this. I have done some new ones specifically for this one here if you would like them. If you would like to substitute my white texture for the maxis yellow shower curtain one in your mesh package, Lord Darcy, please feel free to do so. I'm not sure why Maxis thought a yellow shower curtain with blue rings would be a great idea, but then why would they make this item more tasteful than their others?
« Last Edit: 2008 March 19, 12:34:53 by amythestfenix » Logged
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 19, 06:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for making bunch of recolors, amythestfenix! They're very nice, with matching curtains and tiles to boot!

I thought that ElfPuddle asked if this tub takes recolors of Maxis cheap showertub, so I said no. This tub does not share recolors with Maxis cheap showertub it's based on. But it's recolorable, just like Inge's original version. I didn't change GUID or modelname of original version, so existing recolors for Inge's original showertub are still usable. I don't get it why so many creators assign a new GUID and make a whole set of same recolors whenever they update their old objects to the latest EP. It's such a pain in the ass to delete old version that reverted back to Maxis object and to put the new version all over again.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 19, 06:11:07 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Sapnish
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 20, 00:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just wishing today for something like this. baaaa! baaaaaa!

Now off to grab those recolors.

i r taking personality test too.
i r ISTJ.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 20, 11:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for doing this!  Would it be ok to offer this file on my site alongside the other (with credit obviously), or would you prefer I just give a link to this thread?

Second thoughts later:  Actually it's better if I just give a link, it will be easier for you to keep control over maintenance if you only have one place to worry about.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 20, 11:45:04 by Inge » Logged

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 20, 13:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for doing this!  Would it be ok to offer this file on my site alongside the other (with credit obviously), or would you prefer I just give a link to this thread?

Second thoughts later:  Actually it's better if I just give a link, it will be easier for you to keep control over maintenance if you only have one place to worry about.

Well, it was your creation in the first place, so please do whatever as you see fit. Smiley

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 20, 13:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have added a thread link under the download description for the original; people should find it easily enough like that Smiley

I suppose you wouldn't like to have a go at my sunken tub too would you?  Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 20, 16:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*hits the baaa button*  Kiss

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 24, 20:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this something a first-timer could do with a good set of instructions? I'd like to have a go at updating Inge's backless shower stall and sunken tubs.
amythestfenix
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 26, 17:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piggi of Piggi's Sims did some excellent recolors to be found here.
Haley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 26, 19:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very, very nice. I will be downloading this ASAP. The recolors are quite lovely, too.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 27, 10:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this something a first-timer could do with a good set of instructions? I'd like to have a go at updating Inge's backless shower stall and sunken tubs.

For showers, replacing pie menu (TTAB and TTAs) will do.
I looked into Inge's sunken tubs, and they seem to have been cloned from post-Seasons tub. So no need to fiddle around CRES or BHAVs. Replace TTAB and TTAs to enable tinkering.

If you don't know how to update pie menu, this thread will be helpful.
How to update pie menus of custom fridge
Note that the above instruction was written for Seasons. You have to use FT file that I provided here. I already extracted required resources. Just open the custom fridge and replace corresponding resource.

leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 27, 20:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, well, I think I did it. For the shower I had to extract the TTAs and TTABs from the regular maxis shower so that the animations wouldn't be wonky. For the sunken tubs, I just extracted the resources from the showertub you updated and removed the flags for options that shouldn't exist (play with and shower). At least I was thinking that "play with" only existed for shower/tubs. I might have been wrong about that, now that I'm thinking about it. Anyway, If anybody wants to try them out or take a look at them and tell me if I've done something wrong, I've attached the files.

Thanks for your help, Lord Darcy.

edited to fix attachments

* ijBacklessShower_FT.zip (50.07 KB - downloaded 873 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 March 28, 04:53:45 by tlhs » Logged
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 28, 02:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's sunken tubs are cloned from the Maxis expensive rectangular tub. It's best to extract resources from the Maxis object on which custom object is based. You can find out what the original object was from OBJD name of custom object.

"Play With" option exists not only for showertubs, but for bathtubs as well. It's only available for playful Sims.

I attached updated Inge's sunken tubs below.

* ijSunkenRomanBath_FT.zip (161.82 KB - downloaded 965 times.)

leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 28, 04:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks again. This has been a learning experience for me since I've never done anything like that before. I removed my sunken tub attachments in the post above.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 28, 09:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ideally the backless shower should have been recloned from scratch by someone with CEP, and made backless simply by importing my mesh.  I didn't make the original recolorable unfortunately.

leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 28, 16:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess someone else will have to do that. I really don't know enough to do it correctly. (Read: tried and failed) I just wanted to update your shower for FT since I do use it quite a bit and learn a little in the process. If you want me to remove the updated file I posted, I will.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 28, 19:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, leave it!!  Lol my shower's never been recolourable, so everyone's used to it now Smiley

BigFatLady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 30, 10:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

huge baaaaaa moment coming on!

thanks for these everyone  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: