More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:46:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Has anyone had trouble aging townie children?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Has anyone had trouble aging townie children?  (Read 16081 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: Has anyone had trouble aging townie children?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 March 10, 18:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually used a cake last night to age up Derek from child to teen. ...... he didn't have a party, so I'm not sure if that's a factor.

Two factors worth checking out there: Party and Cake.  Seems quite possible to me that the cake has it's own "grow up" code that wasn't updated.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 March 10, 23:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My adult-to-elder transition was a simple click on 'Grow up', no party, no cake, and he got a list of adult townies to age. (About 90% of which he had not yet met, nor were they on the lot)

My child-to-teen transitions were the same, but I don't think they knew any townie children. This may have been a factor.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 March 11, 00:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they had brought them home from school. No party, no cake. I just told them to grow up. Haven't had time to get to the adopted kid yet. It is adopted, but has not shown up. I will check tonight during a study break.

EDIT: Also can check alien kid with a party. That sim got pregnant again by aliens  Cheesy
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 March 13, 14:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

come to think of it..
the only time I got the option was when they grew up on their own...
Family - male start, got option at the adult->elder stage when I forgot he was due.
Son of same male , 3 kid friends child-teen, was busy and he aged, all three were on the list.
same sim teen->adult, pushed him a day early. No options. He still had his now "teen" friends, and a few others.
both his younger family members were forced aged a day early .. neither got options.
I rarely use the cake.

Food for thought.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 March 13, 14:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahem. The reason my alien child-to-teen wasn't able to grow up any children was because there weren't any townie children. Might affect things.  Roll Eyes For some reason, the game didn't generate more kids after the last round of aging-up I did on my townies, so I'll now have to remember to create five more every round.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2008 March 13, 16:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

notownieregen might have to come out for a while maybe?  Or maybe we need some player-made kids to DL and and turn into townies....

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 March 13, 20:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have notownieregen. nodormieregen, sure, but I like my townie fodder. Not sure why more didn't generate, but I'm not really worried about it. I can hit the generator. In some ways, it works better, since I can both disapprove freaky-looking ones and note their name for my aging spreadsheet.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: