More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 14:15:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "Compost contents" obsession
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Compost contents" obsession  (Read 5081 times)
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
"Compost contents" obsession
« on: 2008 March 07, 09:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like to use the Seasons composting bins on all my residential lots, but the downside of this is that Sims are obsessed with emptying bins and trash compactors into them. Sometimes I will have two or three sims with the same action autonomously queued. If anything gets in their way and the action is dropped, the garbage is likewise dropped which causes a health hazard.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to dissuade this behaviour? At this point I am seriously considering only placing compost bins in the kitchen.

More F than you
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: "Compost contents" obsession
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 07, 12:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's compost bin related - I remember my sims taking out the trash all the time pre Seasons. I usually have a backdoor in the kitchen leading to a backyard, where I have one compost bin and the trash can, so taking out trash doesn't take that long.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 07, 13:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree that they've always been obsessed with taking out the trash and it's nothing to do with Seasons or the compost bin.   I just try to ensure they have a full queue so they don't have time for any autonomous actions.  You could always turn off free will if you are desperate.

Did you search?  I found this immediately by sticking trash and obsess in the search box
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9495.msg307592.html#msg307592
Of course squinge's mods are old and not tested post free time.

I have put compost bins in the kitchen in one or two houses.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 07, 13:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I did search, but as far as I could tell, that is a pre-Seasons hack so I would rather not try it.

I never turn free will off, that makes the game hellishly boring. I prefer to use minimal intervention and utilize macrotastics in those circumstances where sims need to be directed.

More F than you
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 07, 13:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hackdiff reports Squinge's noautonomoustakeouttrash hack clean.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 07, 16:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have put compost bins in the kitchen in one or two houses.
I commonly put the trashcan (and compost bin if I have one) in a tiny, tiny room off the kitchen with a lockable door locked against pets. I hate sims coming home to a huge pile of refuse and cockroaches.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 07, 17:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of my sims are high neat. They've been obsessed with the trash compactor since, well, forever. Rebecah made a nonautonomouse mod for the Maxis trash compactor which I just love:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=240158  It only works on the Maxis compactor. I not sure if it will work with the new FT compactor.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 08, 05:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the composters immediately next to the trash. Eureka!

Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 08, 06:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do the same thing, though then I either need another one in the garage (for the leaves in the fall) or I have to move that one outside when they rake or the gardener comes so it doesn't take 5 hours to get a bag of leaves in the composter.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 08, 06:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the composters immediately next to the trash. Eureka!

I do that also, but it irks me when they walk all the way from the back 40 to empty the trash compactor. I like that little bitty mod because it just doesn't occur to them to empty the damned thing when they have one second of free time. I'm a slave driver. lol

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: