More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:27:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My new BV/FT problem - vacations and walking
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My new BV/FT problem - vacations and walking  (Read 3072 times)
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
My new BV/FT problem - vacations and walking
« on: 2008 March 06, 02:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently got BV and FT, so now I have all expansions. I took all my previous hacks and mods out to test the gameplay this weekend, and everything worked great. But I wanted my hacks and mods back. So I came here to see the compatibility with FT and was happy to find the list in the hacks directory. I did not install everything, but the only thing not on the FT list I had running was the bvchildanimfix. I also have mods to replace default genetics and clothes, as well as a few catalog changing hacks (like "no stupid gorilla suit in CAS" and the like), the CEP, and globals for sectional sofas. I don't think those affect gameplay too much, but I thought I'm giving background here.
When I went back into playing, I had a problem with "Walk to lot" where the sims I sent go to where they are supposed to leave the lot, stand their, and then blank their queue. It was a child and an adult, and not the entire family, and I drove instead. Then, I went on a vacation. I've only sent sims on one vacation before, so I'm basing my experiences on that. After I booked it, it didn't ask e to assign/hire a housesitter (I have a baby and a dog), which it had done the first time I went on vacation. So the next morning, they were supposed to leave, but they wouldn't because the baby would be alone. It gave me a choice "Cancel" or "assign a babysitter", which didn't seem to do anything. It asked me twice, and afterwards canceled the vacation action on both sims that asked. So I had them call a nanny for "right now", and she came just as the shuttle left, without at least two of my sims. I don't remember any of them getting luggage and leaving. I thought it had cancelled my vacation, but then the vacation neighborhood loaded and all the correct sims were there. I thought it was odd, for sure, but at least they went.
Then, I wanted the sims to walk somewhere else. They all walked to the walking sign, then got the "arriving" action on their queue without leaving the lot. I tried to have them leave twice, but couldn't get them to walk anywhere (the group was and elder, two adults, and a child).
Then, after the vacation was over, and the house loaded, the sims were exactly where they were when they didn't get in the shuttle. They had the appropriate motives and memories, but never left a shuttle or "arrived", and again, no luggage. They didn't get vacation rewards; it didn't even ask me to chose any. They did get the hobby rewards pop-ups for after vacations.
The kid got in trouble for arriving to school late and the one adult for the same at work. I don't think this is a new problem, because the first vacation I went to they guy got in trouble for not going to work that day. Is the carpool/bus supposed to come for them on days they leave for vacation? I shudder to think what happens if they go to work and don't get in the shuttle.
I don't know if this is an EAxis problem, or it was a hack conflict problem. As I've said, I've only done two vacations, so maybe the vacations work inconsistantly. If their is a conflict, I think y'all are better equipted to figuere it out. All I have to look over their workings is common sense; i.e. if the hack is supposed to change the skilling on community lots, it shouldn't affect walking to other lots unless the game is accessing skill at that time. If you need more info, I'll be around. I'd like to have this resolved.
As you can tell, I'm pretty new to posting here, so I hope I'm in the right place.
Maybe the "I broke it" would be better, but I've seen this type of question here, too.
Thanks for everything,
Avi
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
Re: My new BV/FT problem - vacations and walking
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 07, 00:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,11291.msg317582.html#msg317582

maybe this is whats wrong.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 07, 00:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You said you checked the hacks for compatibility, but did you actually install the UPDATED ones?

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 10, 05:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You said you checked the hacks for compatibility, but did you actually install the UPDATED ones?

Yes, of course. I may be blond, but I include "current" as part of my definition of compatibility. I may have accidentally kept an old version, but I did check every one for new versions.

Thank you, aubreylaraine. I will check out that post, though I don't think it answers my question yet, but I think that thread may be a better place to ask. I'll see.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 10, 09:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had part of that problem with BV and I had the latest hacks at the time.

Family went on holiday.  I cancelled the "get in shuttlebus" icon on one of the sims and he/she didn't get in the vehicle.  However he/she turned up on holiday anyway.  The sim didn't roll holiday wants at first, but got into the mood a bit later.  After the return from holiday, the sim didn't get out of the shuttlebus, but was where I left him/her.  I think the sim got vacation rewards, but I wouldn't swear to that.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: