More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 11:42:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "Cursed" Monday...:)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Cursed" Monday...:)  (Read 16746 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
"Cursed" Monday...:)
« on: 2005 October 26, 17:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some players say that it's a NL bug, but I experienced it only after I installed the NL Patch!
My two sims worked as Mad Scientists, which give them 4 days-off: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

On Monday, 7 PM I get a message that they have a day-off, which is true.
At 11 PM I get a message that they missed a work-day, and I have to be careful with the male sim, because the next time it will cost him his job.

Immediately I searched for a new job, and as they were graduated, I got an offer for a Paranormal carreer.

On Monday, their day-off, I got a message thay they have a day-off, and at 11 PM - that they missed a work-day, etc.

I didn't check if I have the option to send them to work on their day-off, because immediately I changed their job to another one - but I think I don't have it, I only have two contradict messages!

Very very annoying!!!

Has someone experienced this, and how can I overcome this obstacle? Do we need a new hack?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: "Cursed" Monday...:)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 26, 17:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I experienced this after installing NL in my house with 4 Mad Scientists, and they all received the message that they had missed work.  Some used vacation days if they had them, others lost work performance.

I think this needs to be fixed.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 26, 18:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, me too. Mad Scientist career, pre and post patch. Fortunately my Sim has quite a few vacation days built up from maternity leave, but it's very annoying.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 26, 22:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I experienced this after installing NL in my house with 4 Mad Scientists, and they all received the message that they had missed work.  Some used vacation days if they had them, others lost work performance.

If it's a matter of losing work performance - I don't care at all...Smiley. These sims were graduated students, who got a Science job as Theorists, and worked only one day on this job as Mad Scientists.

Rainbow, did you tried to send them to work on Monday with their cars? Do you have the option to do it? - what a mess...Sad.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 26, 22:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's a matter of losing work performance - I don't care at all...Smiley. These sims were graduated students, who got a Science job as Theorists, and worked only one day on this job as Mad Scientists.

Rainbow, did you tried to send them to work on Monday with their cars? Do you have the option to do it? - what a mess...Sad.
If they lose enough work performance, that is, if they miss work for three days, they will lose their job.  I didn't send them to work.  I don't remember now why.  I may have been in the middle of something and decided to let them stay home (they didn't need the money) and once they are late for work, the damage is done.  The only reason to send them to work then is if they need the money because they aren't getting a promotion or anything and their work performance meter has already dropped.  Going to work won't fix that until the next day.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 27, 23:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure this is going to be a fun thing I get to look into. yay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 28, 01:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hurry, hurry, JMP, because now I experience the same with all carreers that their sims have a Monday day-off.

I choosed Paranormal carreer, which had a day-off on Monday too, and on Monday I got the same contradicting messages: "x has night-off today", then - "x missed a day-work".

It is indeed a "cursed Monday"...Smiley.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 28, 02:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure this is going to be a fun thing I get to look into. yay.
Yay!  Soon!
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 28, 22:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem with my mad scientists, too.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone else has had their pregnant sims get paid for a vacation day on days they wouldn't normally work.  I've noticed this a couple of times.  Not a regular work day, and the "kaching" sound and day's pay floats up above them.

Not necessarily a BAD thing, but the first time I heard the sound I was looking for someone like a gardener or something to be on the lot who was getting paid, then discovered it was my pregnant sim getting paid, and she wouldn't have been at work that day if she wasn't pregnant.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 28, 22:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pregnant sims always received their salary when not working, since TS2. Perhaps you didn't notice it until now...Smiley.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 28, 23:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even on a normal day off?  I had noticed it once before, but not all the time, like I get now.  They always used to get paid only on their normal work days that were taken as vacation days.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 28, 23:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, even on a normal day-off - unless you get a message that the sim took a pay-dayoff (if he had spare ones). I always see the salary sums floating - can't remember at which hour. But as I play always at speed 1, I can see it clearly.
It make sense, like in Real Life.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 28, 23:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to happen about an hour before they would return home if it was a normal workday.  I did happen to figure that out.  Guess I never noticed that they got paid for vacation on days they wouldn't normally work.

Wish I could get paid a vacation day if I didn't work on Saturday, when my work week is Mon-Fri.  And not have it count against my vacation!  Wink

And I usually play at speed 1 as well, but it seems to happen a lot when my pg sim is asleep!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 29, 00:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed this either.  I'll have to pay more attention when I play a pregnant sim again, but I'm pretty sure they didn't get paid unless it was a scheduled work day, and a message appears at the time they get paid saying they got paid for a day of vacation.  At least that is how it was before NL.  I'll have to try it.
Kochanski
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 29, 01:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have certainly had pregnant sims get paid for non work days pre NL. The best would be Caitlin who was at the top of the Natural Scientist career and got pregnant the day after her one and only work day. She received over 30,000 in three days!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 29, 01:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anyone noticed this, but after I installed NL, suddenly my sims, especially before giving a birth, and sometimes even without any cause - receives a large sum of money.

I discoverred it, checking their memories, and once in a while I saw a memory of receiving a big sum of money. Where from? - it's not written, but I received 30,000$ once, and after that - 50,000$, and after that - 10,000$. No, it's not by chance card, because I always ignore it, after my sim was fired just before he had to be promoted to the top stage of his carreer.

Check the memories - I thing that Maxis programmed NL thus, you will get bonuses, helping you to survive without the money cheat...Smiley.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 29, 01:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since most of my sims start out with very little left after buying a house, and I usually have the wifey get pg asap, I would think I would have noticed if they had gotten paid for a non-work day.  (Not necessarily, but I would HOPE I'm more observant than that! lol!)

And I have an ecological guru, but she only gets paid for the one day.  And she just had a baby on Wed. night.  Didn't get paid for any other day, just Wed.

Wonder why some of my sims get paid vacation on non-work days and others don't?

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 29, 01:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since most of my sims start out with very little left after buying a house, and I usually have the wifey get pg asap, I would think I would have noticed if they had gotten paid for a non-work day.  (Not necessarily, but I would HOPE I'm more observant than that! lol!)

And I have an ecological guru, but she only gets paid for the one day.  And she just had a baby on Wed. night.  Didn't get paid for any other day, just Wed.

Wonder why some of my sims get paid vacation on non-work days and others don't?

Weird! I have an ecological gurus too, and they get payed each day-off 10,000$.

May be the lot is buggy, and you should try to move them to a new house?
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 29, 01:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have always tried to get my Sims pregnant just before having a few days off, because they've been getting paid, even if they weren't scheduled to work, from the very beginning.

Now, I usually have my Sims fairly high in their career, which would mean they'd have vacation days accrued, before they ever got pregnant.  If your Sims actually weren't getting paid, this may be the reason.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 29, 02:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they just moved to a new house before she got pg.

And I send all my teens to uni, so when they get back to the hood they usually get a job high in the career they take.  And this ecoloogical guru is one that I had aged to an elder, then changed back to an adult, so she has something like 13 days vacation accrued.  I thought maybe they had to work a certain number of days in one career to accrue vacation so they'd get paid for non-working days, but if that was true, then the EG should have gotten paid for at least Tue., right?

I've been getting them pg usually on the first or second day of their work week so they DO get paid vacation, because they weren't otherwise.  I had to get one couple a counterfeiting machine so they could get enough money to buy a crib!  (And then they got busted for it!)  And it was because the move-in-to-a-new-house time always starts on Monday, and they both started their work week on Wed. or Thur.  Had her get pg right away.  No paid vacation on days not normally worked, even though she had already gotten the job.

But the sims that have been getting paid for non-work days (that I've noticed) are ones that have been in the job for awhile, so maybe the length of time on the job has something to do with it.  But why not my EG?  That would be nice, an extra 10G a week for being pg!

Will have to see if she gets paid for not working on Thurs.  She has a set of twins already who are now children, and I don't recall that she got any extra vacation pay with them.  But then, it may have rung up if I left the room to go potty or something and left the game unpaused.  I do that sometimes if they're sleeping and I know I have a minute or two until I have to tend to them.

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 29, 07:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to get one couple a counterfeiting machine so they could get enough money to buy a crib!  (And then they got busted for it!) 

Grin  Now, that's a great little plot point, isn't it?

I had a frustrating maternity glitch with my most recent pregnancy, TS2 + Uni, no NL.

My mother got the message that she gets 3 days off to take care of her new baby, but the carpool came for her as usual.   (I believe her entire pregnancy was on her days off, and she gave birth about two hours before her regular work time 2 to 10 ?? as a Restauranteur (sp) )  She whips into her work outfit...which I cancelled out...geeze lady, you're dedicated, but the family is still celebrating the new arrival!

One thing and another, she got docked a vacation day!  Sniff.  I had two more vacation days, but I didn't want to use them all so I let her go to work the next days.  Was able to pull together baby care from the husband and teenage son, plus one visit from a nanny.  They didn't need the money but her LTW is to be a Celebrity Chef so I didn't want her to quit.

Of course that actually all added to my story, even if the glitch was irritating.

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 29, 08:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting them pg usually on the first or second day of their work week so they DO get paid vacation, because they weren't otherwise.  I had to get one couple a counterfeiting machine so they could get enough money to buy a crib!  (And then they got busted for it!)  And it was because the move-in-to-a-new-house time always starts on Monday, and they both started their work week on Wed. or Thur.  Had her get pg right away.  No paid vacation on days not normally worked, even though she had already gotten the job.

But the sims that have been getting paid for non-work days (that I've noticed) are ones that have been in the job for awhile, so maybe the length of time on the job has something to do with it.  But why not my EG?  That would be nice, an extra 10G a week for being pg!
I have a theory... I haven't seen this 'cursed' day off thing, or paid much attention to which days off my pregnant sims were getting paid for - although I did notice that their vacation days went down every day they stayed home, regardless of whether they would normally have had to work that day or not.

But, my theory is, that it is somehow tied to job performance. If they've just gotten the job, or just been promoted, the performance bar resets to halfway. Maybe it also does this when they move house with an existing job?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 29, 11:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a frustrating maternity glitch with my most recent pregnancy, TS2 + Uni, no NL.

My mother got the message that she gets 3 days off to take care of her new baby, but the carpool came for her as usual.   (I believe her entire pregnancy was on her days off, and she gave birth about two hours before her regular work time 2 to 10 ?? as a Restauranteur (sp) )  She whips into her work outfit...which I cancelled out...geeze lady, you're dedicated, but the family is still celebrating the new arrival!
That's working as designed. Your "3 days off" is given in the form of bonus vacation days.

One thing and another, she got docked a vacation day!  Sniff.  I had two more vacation days, but I didn't want to use them all so I let her go to work the next days.
That one of your 3 days off right there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 29, 13:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's like maternity leave.  If you want them to stay home, you can have them call in sick.  I don't think they use a vacation day when you do that - mine always get the "Gee, you sound really bad.  Just stay home and keep your vacation day." message from the boss.  They use a vacation day if you don't let them go by cancelling the go to work command when the carpool comes.  And if you cancel the go to work command, then call in sick, you still get to keep the vacation day.

Had one family I played last night that the couple was fresh out of uni, married, new house, new jobs, pregnant, she had only worked one day and got paid for a day that she would normally have off.  That is NOT real life.  It bugs me, because she should NOT have gotten paid for a day she wouldn't normally work.  I don't know of any employer who would pay an employee vacation time for regular days off.

"That's not a bug, it's a FEATURE!"

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 29, 13:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing and another, she got docked a vacation day!  Sniff.  I had two more vacation days, but I didn't want to use them all so I let her go to work the next days.  Was able to pull together baby care from the husband and teenage son, plus one visit from a nanny.  They didn't need the money but her LTW is to be a Celebrity Chef so I didn't want her to quit.

Of course that actually all added to my story, even if the glitch was irritating.
That's not a glitch, that's how it's designed to work.  It even says this in the Prima Guide (which has been known to be wrong, but is right in this case.)  If you don't want the mother to go to work, just cancel it out of her queue.  She will get paid for a vacation day.  If you want to save her vacation days, either have her go to work or call in sick.  But she won't go to work if there is no one to care for the baby.  She will say something about having responsibilities but can't bring herself to leave the little ones alone.  Unless you have JM's social worker hack, that is.  It's good to note that if both parents or a teen is home when the mom goes to work, the last one to leave will not be able to leave for work or school unless you hire a nanny or something.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: