More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 12:04:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Another deleted goodbye
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another deleted goodbye  (Read 88112 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Another deleted goodbye
« Reply #175 on: 2005 November 22, 05:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*

just like old times...  Tongue

hippi
Corpulent Cretin

ISFP

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2005 November 22, 10:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I never would have guessed. I just figured most pple were young on account of this being a game site and all. Except for JMP of course...I always knew he was old.

Ha! well you see we ARE the first generation of gamers, you'll find us sat in the corner at the pub in years to come saying things " Argh when I was a young whippersnapper like you we had 128k spectrums and an Amiga 500, those were the days... they don't make 'em like they used to...."  Then we'll wander of in a senile daze :lol:  My hubby got me into compters, he's awesome (I wub my hubby too) and he understands my obsession as he's totally obsessed with Quake.  Zork was excellent, you can download it as freeware now, it was an RGP, I had all the series.

BTW I'm 36, Winter will be back I've been playing the Sims 1 & 2 long enough to have seen others like him come and go.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 22, 11:08:40 by hippi » Logged
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: 2005 November 22, 16:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

128K Spectrums?  I'm not sure what my first was, but when we got a 128K I thought it was amazingly advanced compared to the other one.  I think the first was 64K, it was one of those tiny things with the rubber pads that needed a tape-recorder to work.  The 128K was SO advanced it had a BUILT-IN tape-recorder - WOW!!!.  I still have at least two of the 64K ones (and the tape-recorders), plus 2 or 3 12i8K ones, although I don't think any of them actually work.  Also have all my old Spectrum games - in fact, I even have some of them on my other p.c. - found a site that has more or less all of them converted to PC format and available for free download.  Was absolutely AMAZING to be able to play my all-time favourite Lords of Midnight again.  The graphics seemed SO advanced then.  In fact, I think now I am going to have to transfer the game over onto this PC and play it again ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2005 November 28, 22:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I see that I am in really good company, age-wise.  Smiley  I'm 36 also, Fae. 

But I'm still older than Brynne and the Nanny with bladder-control issues.   Wink
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2005 November 29, 22:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Started playing adventure games - text only, had to make sure you typed the right command to get all the info for the room you were in.  Maps, maps, maps.  Somewhere in there we got an Atari game console (for the kids  Wink).  Nintendo.  Playstation, and now PS2.

I have a CD rack full of computer games.  My favorite was Sierra's "King's Quest" series.  I got the Myst 10th anniversary series for Christmas last year (never played it before, but always wanted to.)  I've played Myst but haven't gotten through Riven yet.  Got addicted to TS2, which I also got for Christmas, and haven't been able to tear myself away long enough to get back to my first love, adventure games, let alone programming.

Yep, computer games are for kids.  They're what keep us young!

Oooh.  Ultima.  I had forgotten about that game.  I tried Myst but really couldn't handle the limited dimensions.  I found it frustrating.  I'm pretty sure I played that on PC.  Might have been a PS2 game. 

Loved Lara Croft's Tombraider games for PS1 and 2, but all those games have gotten so polished that they give me motion sickness!  First game it happened with was Wolf on PC.  I never could play any Bond games on PS2 with my son, or even watch.  It's very frustrating.  I now play only games that don't move too fast.  Maybe I'll try some meds...I feel so old now!

Oh, and I was having RL babies too.  In '75, '76, '82, '85, and '93.  Got to escape somehow. 
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2005 November 29, 22:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember when PONG was cutting edge technology    Cry   Undecided   Cry
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2005 November 29, 22:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember it being any sort of technology, I just remember sitting on the lounge room floor playing it against my dad on Atari when I was about 3...

Can't remember who won though... Wink

<insert witty comment here>
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2005 November 29, 23:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for all you younglings out there that dont know about the 'classics', check out

an example of early gaming at its best

Shocked   Cheesy   Shocked
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2005 November 30, 00:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My dad was always a computer nerd.  I inherited a Commodore64 when I was...12? Loved that thing.  I can remember my dad buying a Tandy one day and saying "It's got 8MB of RAM.  You'll NEVER need more than that!"  Cheesy Uh huh..I still have that old Tandy upstairs in my closet though.

Oooh.  Ultima.  I had forgotten about that game. 

Ultima.  Don't even get me started! It was fabulous.  I started playing it when Ultima 6 came out and was a faithful fan until UO was about 4 years old and it was nothing like it should have been.  The NPC's had schedules! If you stood in the shops you could watch them.  The bakers made bread! The tailors made cloth!  Everything was interactive.  *sigh*  Origin was eaten by the beast that is EA shortly before or after UO came into being. 

If you are interested, a fan-created remake of Ultima 5 using the Dungeon Siege engine is set to come out by Christmas. http://www.u5lazarus.com/
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2005 November 30, 03:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're an UO fan, do you know Raph Koster (the head dragon or whatever the Ultima folk called him, we called him Ptah) then? I played (and "modded") on Legendmud which was where Raph was before he got eaten by the "they'll pay me" bug ;) Actually I remember one of his early interviews regarding how Legend (and muds) were set-up and how that would be incorporated into UO... might even have that saved around somewhere still. It's kinda neat to have been around at the beginning.

Unsouper
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2005 November 30, 12:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

for all you younglings out there that dont know about the 'classics', check out

an example of early gaming at its best

Shocked   Cheesy   Shocked

Our first game console was a second-hand Sears Video Arcade ("Ooh, bowling!"), which was almost identical to that Intellivision model. I blame it for my having to wear bifocals now.  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: