More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:50:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Resurrection and romance
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Resurrection and romance  (Read 5451 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Resurrection and romance
« on: 2008 February 25, 11:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you resurrect a married sim, can you get them to fall in love with their ex-spouse?

When I resurrected Maxine, she and her ex wouldn't fall in love again. They were perfectly willing to make out and woohoo and the relationship is close to 100/100 on both sides.  Is this a normal problem? - I haven't had Uni very long, so I don't know all the wrinkles.  I notice they see each other as 'family', so I'm wondering if that's the problem.  DK if it makes any difference, but they have a son.  If it's not that, I guess resurrection is a real turn-off to these two. I've had frigid sims before, but that's usually a one-sided problem in a relationship.  I nuked attraction markers anyway and it didn't help.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Resurrection and romance
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 25, 11:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard of this happening before and in that case it was something to do with the fact that the game already thinks they are in love and/or married even though the icon doesn't show. I can't remember if there was a solution though so I guess that's not entirely helpful!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 25, 12:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well it's nice to know it's normal and that there is a solution!  thanks anyway  Smiley

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Buchignani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 25, 12:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can fix it with Insim. You just need to break all their family ties. You could do that in simPE too, I'd think.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 25, 12:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd go the SimPE route, but if it's really borked, it needs fixing......

leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 25, 16:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't messed with resurrections much personally, but I've read stories by others where the problem was fixed by remarrying the two sims.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 25, 16:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that using the love potion, purchased from the gypsy, has worked for me.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 25, 16:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they consider eachother family, and still woohoo, then they are "married".

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 25, 18:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem with the Tricous all the time.  Break the family ties like they said and that should fix it.  You probably need a hack for marriges for Uni, as I recall, you need a lot of fix it hacks for Uni.
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 26, 08:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you resurrect a married sim, can you get them to fall in love with their ex-spouse?

When I resurrected Maxine, she and her ex wouldn't fall in love again. They were perfectly willing to make out and woohoo and the relationship is close to 100/100 on both sides.  Is this a normal problem? - I haven't had Uni very long, so I don't know all the wrinkles.  I notice they see each other as 'family', so I'm wondering if that's the problem.  DK if it makes any difference, but they have a son.  If it's not that, I guess resurrection is a real turn-off to these two. I've had frigid sims before, but that's usually a one-sided problem in a relationship.  I nuked attraction markers anyway and it didn't help.

I had this with one couple and apart from not falling in love again (which was annoying because it was a want of Nina, the wife) they also lost the bolts for each other although the attraction (I checked via ACR) was still there. It all came back as soon as they were remarried. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 26, 08:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason is that the game still remembers them as being "fambly" and thus are immune to romances. Apparently, Maxis very zealously tried to avoid anything potentially squicky to the point where they broke stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 26, 16:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, my big beef are married couples that don't have red hearts. Apparently all you need is a crush to be married?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 26, 18:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason is that the game still remembers them as being "fambly" and thus are immune to romances. Apparently, Maxis very zealously tried to avoid anything potentially squicky to the point where they broke stuff.

Only to blunder when setting relationships for existing sims, which is why Lazlo Curious made out with one of his half-sisters recently and then went to bed with the other. If I felt so inclined I could also start a homosexual relationship between Johnny Smith and one of his uncles.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 27, 12:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this with one couple and apart from not falling in love again (which was annoying because it was a want of Nina, the wife) they also lost the bolts for each other although the attraction (I checked via ACR) was still there. It all came back as soon as they were remarried. 

In this case they both want to fall in love again! 

I can't just marry them because he is currently married to someone else!   I was intending Maxine to break up the marriage and kick them both out of her family house, but it's not going to plan!  Maxine did start haunting when he remarried, so her son resurrected her.  She doesn't have a problem with his being married to someone else any more.  I guess I should check what happens if he flirts with wife2 in front of her.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: