More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:00:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm  (Read 179314 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm
« Reply #50 on: 2008 March 11, 18:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is always a good thread to watch, since we announce new hack updates almost as fast as they're posted. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2008 March 11, 20:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah but you never say what they do or anything Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 March 11, 21:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I'm not sure what the mod is about, I just download it and check RTFM. If that doesn't answer my questions, then someone gets a p.m.   Grin
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 March 11, 22:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What am I, your mother?  Wink

(Sorry - channeling an old snarky comeback there....)

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 March 12, 00:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is always a good thread to watch, since we announce new hack updates almost as fast as they're posted. Smiley

Thanks, I will bookmark that one!
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 March 12, 02:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What am I, your mother?  Wink

(Sorry - channeling an old snarky comeback there....)

Not bad--for a guy.   Wink
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2008 March 14, 16:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this hack enable badging on comm lots too, or is that already in the game?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 March 14, 16:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enables that also, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2008 March 14, 17:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent thanks!  Now I just need to find out why I can't put those telescopes in my Museum of Science and Industry...

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 March 14, 23:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that skill progress bar sometimes can appear and sometimes not for the same non-playable.Or maybe it's time for me to
visit oculist? Smiley
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 March 15, 08:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that skill progress bar sometimes can appear and sometimes not for the same non-playable.Or maybe it's time for me to
visit oculist? Smiley
I've noticed the same. Also, sometimes visitors show the bars on my home lots (while playing chess), sometimes they don't. I've never cared much about that, but it would be interesting to know if they still gain skill points anyway.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 March 16, 19:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is annoying,but not too much and seems Mr.Pescado will not be waste precious time to investigate this.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 March 17, 09:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't find it even annoying, as I only care that sims gain points when I play them. I just noticed.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 March 17, 09:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens because certain classes of visitor are permitted to skill while others are not: Nonplayables will skill anywhere (since you can never play them), playables will only skill when they are the active family (but they will now do so even on community lots).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2008 March 17, 10:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nonplayables will skill anywhere (since you can never play them),

Actually that's not entirely true.  I had a sim marry one of the social workers.  Might it be a better idea to treat all the currently non-selectable sims the same way?  Personally I am happy to have them all skilling without discrimination (they would in real life after all), but I can understand why others would prefer only the currently in-play sims to be affected.  How about two flavours?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 March 17, 11:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually that's not entirely true.  I had a sim marry one of the social workers.
That is, A: A Bad Idea, since the SS is not intended to be socializable, and B: Not relevant: Nonplayable sims do not become played until you convert them into playable sims.

Might it be a better idea to treat all the currently non-selectable sims the same way?  Personally I am happy to have them all skilling without discrimination (they would in real life after all), but I can understand why others would prefer only the currently in-play sims to be affected.  How about two flavours?
I only maintain one flavor of anything: The flavor *I* use. Anything else results in exponential overhead growth. The reason I have only the currently-in-play playables affected for playables is that skilling the wrong skills will totally destroy your want tree tuning.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2008 March 17, 11:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh right, well, I don't do want tree tuning and stuff like that, I quite like to be surprised by what my sims have been up to when they decide to turn up on a comm lot of their own accord.  Ok, so be it Smiley

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 March 17, 12:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason I have only the currently-in-play playables affected for playables is that skilling the wrong skills will totally destroy your want tree tuning.
This hack is more awesome than I thought, then - I don't care if my playables ruin their marriages while not controlled, but I would definitively hate seing a carefully locked "max skill x" want fulfilled before *I* decide to fulfill it.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 March 17, 13:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but I would definitively hate seing a carefully locked "max skill x" want fulfilled before *I* decide to fulfill it.

Damn, i forgot all about those Wants i have locked, i was wishing for this hack to allow my playables who aren't being played, to skill while visiting other Residential lots.  But you went and reminded me about a personal pet peeve.  Those 'Make Friends with X' that i hoard, and then have fulfilled when i'm not looking.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 March 17, 13:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack is more awesome than I thought, then - I don't care if my playables ruin their marriages while not controlled, but I would definitively hate seing a carefully locked "max skill x" want fulfilled before *I* decide to fulfill it.

Damn, i forgot all about those Wants i have locked, i was wishing for this hack to allow my playables who aren't being played, to skill while visiting other Residential lots.  But you went and reminded me about a personal pet peeve.  Those 'Make Friends with X' that i hoard, and then have fulfilled when i'm not looking.
Those are minor problems compared to the bigger issue: A sim that decides to forget his level 9 cooking skill and fixate on his randomly gained logic point instead, permanently ripping you off from being able to get the Maximize Cooking.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 March 17, 22:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are minor problems compared to the bigger issue: A sim that decides to forget his level 9 cooking skill and fixate on his randomly gained logic point instead, permanently ripping you off from being able to get the Maximize Cooking.

Oh, having their carefully crafted wants panel all scrambled up once i get back to their lot is something i've gotten used to.  Unless you've got an undiscovered shiney that freezes those wants, until you return to playing them?

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
sparkle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 March 20, 23:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a problem   Undecided   when I clicked on macro/Hobbinate for my sim to birdwatch I got lots of those Insimenator machines popping up all over the place. I used the hack conflict and it said I didn't have any.... so do they clash because the Insimenator is not updated for FT   Huh
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 March 21, 00:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Insim isn't updated for FT you Should Not Be Using It *points and laughs*

Remember the microwave dog piss?

INFP or something
sparkle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 March 21, 12:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know....I know  Tongue  but I haven't really had an issues with it til now  Roll Eyes
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2008 March 21, 12:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point is, you wouldn't have *known* if you were having issues with it, as the damage is being silently done in your data files.  All your sims could be completely wrecked before you find out anything was going wrong.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: