More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 03:08:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm  (Read 178910 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm
« on: 2008 February 28, 17:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reposted with Enthusiasm-fix. Because community lots just weren't worthless enough, apparently.

:
:
OFB+: comm-skilling.zip

Community Lot Skilling (v3b) for TS2OFB v1.0 - TS2AL
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Special Thanks To:
Aggie von Shitdisturber
Fat Gwilly People

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Controlled sims, NPCs, and townies may gain skills while visiting community
lots, including non-college community lots. Notifications of skill-point gain
will only be displayed for controllable sims. Enthusiasm may now be gained on
community lots and while visiting. Fixes Physiology Borkedness in AL. Rep may
now be gained both on and off community lots.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2OFB+.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 24, 01:58:30 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 29, 01:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon my ignorance please, but what do you mean by 'enthusiasm'..? ..that aside, AWESOME job, Pescado! I'm sure this'll make a lot of people happy!  Grin
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 29, 02:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Enthusiasm' is the FT term for building hobby skills.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 29, 02:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, duh.. thanks. Even better! Grin
Celestra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 02, 20:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims and townies are getting the normal skill BUT they are not getting any hobby enthusiasm points at all despite long sessions of bug hunting etc

Also they dont get any enthusiasm on hotel lots (is this fix supposed to enable it for hotel lots)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 02, 20:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No enthusiasm on community lots here. I have a gym going and no one is building Fitness enthusiasm (body skill points are building as advertised). On my community lot basketball court, playable and a few townies played for a few hours and no enthusiasm for Sports was gained.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 02, 23:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to report the same.   I took my sims to community lots and while there was much skill building.. no hobby enthusiasm. 
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 03, 10:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's just the icons and messages not showing up. I had a sim visit a community lot with a stereo yesterday and let him dance a while. He definitively had 0 points in music&dance when he left, but 1 point when he returned. The enthusiasm builds slow, though.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 03, 17:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's just the icons and messages not showing up. I had a sim visit a community lot with a stereo yesterday and let him dance a while. He definitively had 0 points in music&dance when he left, but 1 point when he returned.

I thought this might be the case, but have been unable to verify conclusively.  My sims appear to be unable to gain enthusiasm of any sort (tested with nature, music/dance, and sport hobby activities) on a community lot.  I will try to test this later again.

Tribulatio proxima est
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 03, 20:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims went from 0-8 on body when they went to the gym. But they did not gain any enthusiasm at all about fitness, sports, music or any of the other doo-dahs that were there. I did notice that other neighborhood sims were at the gym and they did get the "boing" effect for working out while on the lot. For those neighbor sims, I have not checked their own enthusiasm levels yet, though, as I have not yet played their lots since the gym visit.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 03, 22:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can do check-on with this mod. Make sure you don't have something else that is conflicting with the parenting interaction through binary search (basically removing half of your hacks, seeing if it continues, then adding or culling as needed until you find the culprit).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 04, 04:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To "erase" a mod, all you have to do is remove it from your downloads folder.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 04, 08:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the new "father" interaction?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 04, 09:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

$NameLocal:0, I am your father!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 04, 09:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gosh, that's very existential for EAxis!  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 04, 10:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

omg...do you mean to say that with this expansion pack, that EAxis didn't even see fit to allow us to have our community lots that we build gain enthusiasm?!  So if I build a gym and send my sims there, they would not gain enthusiasm?  (hadn't done this yet)  That's just as ludicrous as it gets...wtf were they thinking??  I wondered why there were "secret lots" for all the hobbies.  What a load of crap.  Well, I will definitely be getting this puppy when it's all uber-perfected and such.  Thanks for doing this!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 04, 15:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Precisely. I'm not even sure that the secret lots build enthusiasm, as mine are blank expanses of land.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 04, 16:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Precisely. I'm not even sure that the secret lots build enthusiasm, as mine are blank expanses of land.

Sorry, missed something.  Is this by default or by design?  I personally have not "found" my secret hobby lots yet (my sims are incompetent and not particularly enthusiastic about anything, it seems).

Tribulatio proxima est
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 04, 16:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say "by bork".  Some people have "missing" hobby lots.  My hobby lots function, and one can build enthusiasm.  One doesn't get the "rewards" for enthusiasm, subscription, card, or plaque, until one returns home, though.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 04, 16:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hobby lots function, and one can build enthusiasm.  One doesn't get the "rewards" for enthusiasm, subscription, card, or plaque, until one returns home, though.

Thanks Mitchie - I have been trying to confirm this, but my tests have been inconclusive.  I will continue to live in hope that my comm lots and hobby lots allow sims to hobbinate.  At this point, I despair of any of my sims maxing out enthusiasm until just before death.  Tongue

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 04, 17:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version should fix.

Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 04, 18:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this. I hate to seem uninformed, but it works for the vacation lots, too, right? I was able to borrow BV after getting FT, so on my first vacation I was very disappointed that my sims didn't seem to be enjoying their hobbies. Aren't hobbies one of the things people take time for on vacations? Honestly, I would've thought that with the shininess of FT, they would've polished up their second-newest expansion as well....
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 04, 19:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, missed something.  Is this by default or by design?  I personally have not "found" my secret hobby lots yet (my sims are incompetent and not particularly enthusiastic about anything, it seems).
It's neither, it's buggy. My main 'hood is custom, and either the coding for the hobby neighborhood doesn't always play nice with custom neighborhoods (predictable from EAxis, who think we are all 12-year olds who can't handle keeping a couple sims alive, much less pressing the buttons necessary to make a custom 'hood) or I screwed something up.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 March 04, 20:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's neither, it's buggy. My main 'hood is custom, and either the coding for the hobby neighborhood doesn't always play nice with custom neighborhoods (predictable from EAxis, who think we are all 12-year olds who can't handle keeping a couple sims alive, much less pressing the buttons necessary to make a custom 'hood) or I screwed something up.

OK then.  I'm going to try one of my custom hoods tonight (not the MATY hood yet) and then we'll see what happens.  Come to think of it, my Emma-Test-Hood is custom, so I could just push Emma up to the required enthusiasm level in dance, and see if she can get to the secret lot.  Damn, and I wanted to test this with my alien uni student in my other hood.  Too many choices! 

Tribulatio proxima est
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 March 04, 20:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, did you delete the files from the Lots subfolder when you cleaned out F002? The secret lots in my custom neighborhood are okay but I left that folder alone. I peeked at the lot files in CleanInstaller and they look like the hobby lots that are in my hood.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: