More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:21:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm  (Read 179293 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Community Lot Skilling and Enthusiasm
« Reply #25 on: 2008 March 04, 22:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe so. I generally delete new lots from the lot catalog before installing, as I hate the fug EAxis calls houses. Blech. I'm wondering if I didn't delete the contents of the wrong folder.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 March 04, 23:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like the new lots in the catalog come from C:\... Res\UserData\LotCatalog - I recognize the sports plaza type place from the thumbnail in CleanInstaller. I doubt restoring the Lots folder in N002 would help at this point, but maybe you can copy them and replace the blank lot files in your Neighborhood folder?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 March 04, 23:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neh. I want my own lots, I've decided. If it can't be done, no one will be going to the membership lots. They serve no real purpose anyways. My sims have a dance club, a couple furniture shops, a gym, and in Prospect Proper a basketball court and three community gardens. They're busy as it is.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 March 05, 02:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is an instructor and two hydroponic garden career rewards at the Nature secret lot, I'm guessing the others will have various career rewards for skilling too.  I'm using a custom hood, except it's the normal type of custom hood rather than cleaned templates and such.  The premades all died a fast death before gameplay commenced.  The sim gained in nature while doing things at the secret lot, though I don't recall if there were icons and I haven't yet taken him to a normal community lot.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 March 05, 12:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neh. I want my own lots, I've decided. If it can't be done, no one will be going to the membership lots. They serve no real purpose anyways. My sims have a dance club, a couple furniture shops, a gym, and in Prospect Proper a basketball court and three community gardens. They're busy as it is.

I use the hobby lots as weekend cabin and love nest. Too bad you cannot enable build mode, but I have a sim with too much money gain memberships to all clubs and refurnish the ones that have at least a bearable floor plan.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 March 05, 13:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hobbylots can be buymoded?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 March 05, 13:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With 'boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false'

jolrei, by any chance, do you have 'Always Perfect Plants' in your downloads folder? I was having a similar problem as you and removing that hack fixed the problem.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 March 05, 14:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With 'boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false'

jolrei, by any chance, do you have 'Always Perfect Plants' in your downloads folder? I was having a similar problem as you and removing that hack fixed the problem.

I did have TJ's Perfect Plants installed.  Not sure if that version was cleared, but I now have his latest version which he has cleared/updated for FT.  With new version of comm-skilling and macrotastics, comm lot hobbination seems to be working fine.  All tests last night were successful.

Baaaaa, Pescado!

Tribulatio proxima est
Celestra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 March 05, 18:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed and tried the updated version . Comm lot skilling and hobby enthusiasm works fine for me now     Thanks Pes

Now just need to wait for Maxis to fix the violin so that when you play for tips it doesnt leave an invisible tip jar to bork squares > At least till then the stuckobjectsremover works great
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 March 05, 18:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hobbylots can be buymoded?
With the dorm cheat, as MistyBlue said. They can then be buildmoded by selecting a floor tile (I use the sidewalk as I have a modified floorpattern file in order to do street partking. They just can't be saved while set as a hobbylot.

Now, here's what you can do, and I'm playing around with this in my game to see if I can either create custom lots and code them to replace (or add to the list of) existing hobby lots, or edit the hobby lots. There is a cheat "changelotzoning secrethobbylot". I can set up a new lot, make changes, save it, then apply the cheat. After applying the cheat, the game pops me out of the lot and it appears green but no sims are able to move to it. However, it doesn't appear as an option to sims who have access to the particular type of lot (in this case, Fitness). I made sure that I'd included all items in the Desiderata fitness lot (the premise being that they behave similarly to the BV secret lots and need a key item to function, especially since you can't specify that it's fitness or cooking, etc.). My theory is either that the cheat isn't behaving correctly, the issue is that the sub-hood isn't coded as a hobby-hood (this is my #1 suspicion), or it's because my sim already has access to a fitness lot.

Next up is to try changing my existing blank fitness lot to a community lot when my sim is on it, make some changes, save, and then do the cheat. I'm afraid I may lose a sim temporarily, but meh.

EDIT: I've figured it out! Yay! Requires that you have the original lot files from Desiderata, but I was able to edit my existing blank lot, then through some fanangling involving the original Desiderata lot, get my changes to stick and the lot to keep functioning. As soon as I get it set up, I'll post instructions in the Podium so that everyone can edit their lots if they want.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 05, 20:04:23 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 March 06, 11:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the dorm cheat, as MistyBlue said. They can then be buildmoded by selecting a floor tile (I use the sidewalk as I have a modified floorpattern file in order to do street partking. They just can't be saved while set as a hobbylot.
I realised that, too Cheesy. Too bad, because money for buying new objects comes from your family funds. On the other hand, you'd have an inexhaustable source of free money just in case.
EDIT: I've figured it out! Yay! Requires that you have the original lot files from Desiderata, but I was able to edit my existing blank lot, then through some fanangling involving the original Desiderata lot, get my changes to stick and the lot to keep functioning. As soon as I get it set up, I'll post instructions in the Podium so that everyone can edit their lots if they want.
Oh yes, please Smiley!

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 March 06, 11:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a high-reliability method for editing all hobbylots, but it is not very easy to do, as it involves file-cleaning and shadow neighborhoods.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 March 06, 11:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a high-reliability method for editing all hobbylots, but it is not very easy to do, as it involves file-cleaning and shadow neighborhoods.

Would you mind to Can you be bribed into explaining this method?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 March 06, 12:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, first, you have to clean all the file debris out of the "auto-added" subhoods with templates. This means youhave to clear all the extraneous text strings, SDSCs, etc. Basically, garbage which is left over from templates. To do this, create a BLANK subhood, then compare it to one of the "dirty" subhoods, and delete everything which is not supposed to be there. Then, copy the lot descriptor and lot descriptor strings from the now cleansed "Hobby" autosubhood into the blank subhood, and perform terrain surgery. Go to the subhood and use the Loadlot and changelotzoning cheats to edit the Hobby lots. When you have completed the editation, quit, go to your neighborhood, and manually remove the Dummy Suburb: Don't delete in-game. You can save this stub-suburb for later if you want to re-edit.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2008 March 06, 15:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do my eyes deceive me or did I read in this thread that in the game as it left EA, when I take my predestined sport Sim to the sports park, she doesn't actually build enthusiasm for sport while she's using the stuff there???

Oh, and Baa-aaaa-aaa by the way Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 March 06, 15:21:03 by Inge » Logged

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 March 06, 16:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, first, you have to clean all the file debris out of the "auto-added" subhoods with templates. This means youhave to clear all the extraneous text strings, SDSCs, etc. Basically, garbage which is left over from templates. To do this, create a BLANK subhood, then compare it to one of the "dirty" subhoods, and delete everything which is not supposed to be there. Then, copy the lot descriptor and lot descriptor strings from the now cleansed "Hobby" autosubhood into the blank subhood, and perform terrain surgery. Go to the subhood and use the Loadlot and changelotzoning cheats to edit the Hobby lots. When you have completed the editation, quit, go to your neighborhood, and manually remove the Dummy Suburb: Don't delete in-game. You can save this stub-suburb for later if you want to re-edit.
I did most of that, except without the dummy suburb. I used a sim to get to the lot and edit it. It's still kind of annoying, because you have to have a sim who has gotten the card to do so. It's unfortunate that we can't use LoadLot from the main 'hood to get into a lot from a sub 'hood. I've done the Fitness lot so far, and started on the Nature lot. Building the Nature lot is part of my 'hood's story, so I'm doing it in stages. More work. Meh.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 March 06, 17:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do my eyes deceive me or did I read in this thread that in the game as it left EA, when I take my predestined sport Sim to the sports park, she doesn't actually build enthusiasm for sport while she's using the stuff there???

This is, in fact, the case, yes.  Continued comm lot stupidity which has existed since Base -- playing chess at home built logic, but playing all day at the local park did nothing.  Why would hobbies be any different (just because EA has had years to fix this and never does)?

Tribulatio proxima est
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 March 08, 11:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear, what's the point of having "special" hobby lot then, if Sims can't even build enthusiasm in it? *Headdesk* It's about as useless as runway lots for H&M.
Comm-skilling should really have been integrated into the core game.

wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 March 09, 23:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My comm skilling does not seem to be working.  I have sims that I am positive are townies and when they use items that skill they do not get either the progress bar nor the enthusiasm symbol.  Does this not work on home lots anymore?

Also I'm not sure where to put this comment so I will put it here.  I have been getting this want "Buy unnamed wantable object category 10100" and the slot is blank.  I had heard that this is a problem with either the LTW variety or Uni LTW's but I am not sure.  So I thought that I would just let you know.  Sorry if this is out of place, please don't tear me a new one. Embarrassed
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 March 10, 00:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I'm not sure where to put this comment so I will put it here.  I have been getting this want "Buy unnamed wantable object category 10100" and the slot is blank.  I had heard that this is a problem with either the LTW variety or Uni LTW's but I am not sure.  So I thought that I would just let you know.  Sorry if this is out of place, please don't tear me a new one. Embarrassed

If you are using Pescado's hack to enable uni ltws, then you need to update it as Pescado has now fixed this glitch.  This hack is not included in the Director's Cut (as not everyone has the uni EP installed), but it is in the hacks directory.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
GreenEyedHobgobblin
Asinine Airhead

[See also: Damage Inc356]

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 March 10, 05:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My comm skilling does not seem to be working.  I have sims that I am positive are townies and when they use items that skill they do not get either the progress bar nor the enthusiasm symbol.  Does this not work on home lots anymore?

I'm wondering the same thing.  I haven't really gone to a community lot, but non-resident sims don't seem to be building skills or intrest by doing things at residential lots.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 March 10, 08:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I read that only your playable sims get the progress bars, but the other sims would be skilling silently?  I have just remembered that yesterday I got a pop-up saying some townie had just got a skill point, so I think it is happening.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 March 10, 23:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna, thanks muchly, I will try to track that one down.

Everyone else thanks also, I hope that it is silent skilling because that was one hack I really really loved!

Edit: I checked the hack list and I did download the update for it.  When I updated all my other hacks.  So either this is not a uni ltw problem or it is not completely fixed.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 11, 00:04:10 by wetninja » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 March 11, 00:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kyna, thanks muchly, I will try to track that one down.

Everyone else thanks also, I hope that it is silent skilling because that was one hack I really really loved!

Edit: I checked the hack list and I did download the update for it.  When I updated all my other hacks.  So either this is not a uni ltw problem or it is not completely fixed.

Pescado updated uni_ltws_sns for FT, then he updated it again when people reported the glitch you mentioned.  So this hack has been updated at least twice since FT.  Getting the most recent version of the hack fixed the same glitch in my game.

You say "when I updated all my other hacks".  I hope you've been checking back every day for updates and didn't just update once and think you're done.  In the first few days and weeks after an EP release Pescado updates his hacks frequently (usually daily, and sometimes several times a day) in response to reported glitches with his hacks, to fix reported glitches in the game, and to add new features to his hacks (such as the constant updates to skillinator as he improves macro/hobbinate).
« Last Edit: 2008 March 11, 00:26:48 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 March 11, 18:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can double check even redownload the hacks again.  It is just that the time and date stamp was the same.  No worries, I will redownload and run the game either later today or tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: