More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 11:59:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 336872 times)
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #625 on: 2008 April 10, 22:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had freetime installed in my old computer and it worked just fine .. i had exactly the same downloas folder i have now... and i also tested running the game with no downloads... it didn't work...  and i checked the teleport foldewr as well.... nothing there... Embarrassed
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #626 on: 2008 April 11, 10:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you deleted the cache files? They can get corrupted and cause problems (especially if you're moving CC around maybe?).  groups.cache & accessory.cache are the game caches.  cigen is the bodyshop cache - delete that too.

Have a good hunt in other folders for CC.  Saved sims is an obvious place to look, but I once found some in packaged lots, where I'd put them for some "good at the time" reason.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 2008 April 16, 19:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I've seen this mentioned (apologies if it has been,) and I only just noticed it yesterday:

The new wall phone that came with FT disappears when you put walls down. I had it happen twice on the same lot. It went up and deducted the sixty simoleons from the household, but when I put the walls down to play for a bit, then went back into buy mode to add something else, the phone was gone. The wall panel was open again - it wasn't stuck or invisible, and my sim didn't get the money refunded (she's a challenge sim and quite poor; it's easily to tell when her funds change.) I tried again, and did the same play then remember something else I forgot to buy for the lot. Checked the phone, and it was gone again. No stuck tile, no refund. By contrast, an old-style payphone custom mesh I've had since Pets is on the wall now, and stays put. I haven't tested the modern or base game wall phones to see if they're affected, too. I know the obvious work-around would be to use table-top phones, but it's still not supposed to happen.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 2008 April 16, 19:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That may not be a FT bug -- did you install the latest CEP?  The phone recoloring file that comes with it is bugged, causing the new phones to disappear after you place them. You have to disable/remove it until Numenor gets a fix out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 2008 April 17, 13:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can just delete the phone related package from the zCEP-EXTRA folder under the The Sims 2 folder in your documents, that fixed it for me. You can leave the main CEP alone.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: 2008 April 17, 15:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh! Just when I thought things were going my way, another aggravating bug pops up! It appears that the appearance of the gypsy that bears the genie lamp is indeed random, but then every single time you call and invite the matchmaker over thereafter, she just sneaks onto the lot and brings another lamp before sneaking away again.  Angry  There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

I must hunt down that link to report bugs to EA.
Yes, this is a pretty bad time.

I'm just quoting this post to remind everyone or anyone who may be reading this that might want to fix it.
Jemina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 2008 April 17, 19:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeffs has a fix for the gypsy problem at "Bug Fixes"
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,16.0.html
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 2008 April 17, 20:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I love looking at Sims bug lists, even if I haven't seen the bug, or if it's for an expansion I don't have. Because stuff like attraction between a sim and a skunk is just damned funny.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 2008 April 17, 20:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I love looking at Sims bug lists, even if I haven't seen the bug, or if it's for an expansion I don't have. Because stuff like attraction between a sim and a skunk is just damned funny.
I think TJ has a fix for that too. Apparently enough people pointed it out.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #634 on: 2008 April 24, 13:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had a problem with Woohooing in the tent? I don't get an option to Woohoo.

I'm not sure if it's Borkedness, or Sim Pescado and Sim Mildlydisguised's unwillingness to get it on, despite the 3 bolts and red hearts...

I had a problem with tents and woohoo yesterday. Not the same problem though. 

The sim and her date had wants for woohoo and first woohoo.  She's sleeping in a tent in her deer sanctuary, so they duely retreated to the tent while the customers abandoned pestering the deer and came to cheer.  When the sims woke up afterwards, the woohoo want had gone, but the "first woohoo" want was still locked.  Neither want was in my sims memory.  As the date hadn't finished, they tried again.  Same result.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 2008 April 24, 20:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone seen the expensive Espresso decrease the Sims Fun way faster as they fill from drinking a cup, while making one ? Has it not raised fun since the base Game.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: 2008 April 24, 21:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Koi Pond (career reward) is flashing blue when there is frost or snow on the ground.

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 2008 April 24, 22:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Koi Pond does the same thing for me.  RadeonX1950 (latest drivers). Tried fiddling with the in game settings..no joy.  Undecided

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
bekka
Blathering Buffoon

Now with 10% more visibility!

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 2008 April 25, 00:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I read something in the CEP thread that said it was a problem with the new CEP and the ability to recolour it that caused the problem, but only with snow.

Yes, I checked and others have reported the problem as well.

This must be what going mad feels like.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: 2008 April 25, 05:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks bekka Smiley

mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 2008 April 30, 20:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was there a fix (read whole thread here) for the hobby interactions not working on the computer even when all moods were in the green? Sim kept saying "I'm not in the mood!" - They suddenly started doing this and hadn't previously (even when fun was full). I have MATY hacks installed and no others.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 2008 April 30, 20:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't play OFB a lot so I'm not sure if it's a FT bug or not.

But.

When I was playing the rameriz(however you spell their name) fine furniture shop, the customers were very impatient.   In the past a customer would wait at the check out counter as I canceled the sim's actions and sent the sim to the cash register.  This time, the customers were going to the cash register and if there was no clerk waiting there for them they would immediately throw their purchases on the ground.  Has freetime made them more impatient?

May all your fears & worries come true.
mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 2008 April 30, 23:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did some google digging and found that JM had posted in regards to this and Macrotastics- which would continuously repeat despite the failure due to mood/motive. (Which was fixed to stop repeating) but I still don't know if the computer itself is borked due to EAxis or if there was another cause for this behavior. Maybe the sims fun score must be low and all others high to want to blog/browse web for their hobby.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 2008 May 01, 01:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was there a fix (read whole thread here) for the hobby interactions not working on the computer even when all moods were in the green? Sim kept saying "I'm not in the mood!" - They suddenly started doing this and hadn't previously (even when fun was full). I have MATY hacks installed and no others.
I believe that that was one of those things that was fixed in the patch, or supposed to be anyway. I haven't gotten to check that out yet.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 2008 May 01, 01:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is patched and sims still sometimes won´t blog, with their needs in green. I realised, that they only bitch if their aspiration is green or lower, though.

I thought it was related to that mood. Would be kind of silly, because they always have a want to blog. So it should actually be good for their mood.
bekka
Blathering Buffoon

Now with 10% more visibility!

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: 2008 May 01, 03:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read the entire thread (over the last few months not all at once) and can't remember if this was mentioned.

The EA ladder and diving board for the pool no longer work for me.  I can use CC replacements, but the sims are not able to get into the pool with the EA ones.  Anyone else notice this?

This must be what going mad feels like.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2008 May 01, 12:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The EA ladder and diving board for the pool no longer work for me.  I can use CC replacements, but the sims are not able to get into the pool with the EA ones.  Anyone else notice this?

No, both work fine in my game.  Sounds like a hack/mod conflict, probably.  Pull your downloads out, see if the problem goes away.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 2008 May 01, 13:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, both work fine in my game.  Sounds like a hack/mod conflict, probably.  Pull your downloads out, see if the problem goes away.

My game is fine as well.  All pool objects working to spec.  I would agree with jsalemi on the diagnosis.

Tribulatio proxima est
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 2008 May 01, 16:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read the entire thread (over the last few months not all at once) and can't remember if this was mentioned.

I would also say CC issue. A pool ladder from WFS2 was doing the same for my EA pool ladder.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: