More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 10:43:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 336991 times)
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #475 on: 2008 March 14, 06:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I have a question: Is it official, now, that marrying/moving in a Hobby Leader/Hobbyist/Whatever The Hell They're Called is a VBT? And how can you tell which ones are the official Hobby Leaders/etc etc, as opposed to just Free Time NPCs/townies, etc? Thanks in advance.

The Hobby leader dudes are the ones who give you a pop-up greeting when you visit the Hobby lots, I belieeeeve.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2008 March 14, 06:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Hobby Maven sims are pretty messed up out of the box. For one, not a single one of them actually LIKES their hobby. The Fitness maven wasn't even an ACTIVE sim! I had to nuke him and let the game make a new one, it was just too much to stand. Perhaps I will look into fixing it if possible. Also, they come with random EAxis clothes, so I redressed all of mine in different uniforms that more reflected their hobby.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2008 March 14, 06:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I have a question: Is it official, now, that marrying/moving in a Hobby Leader/Hobbyist/Whatever The Hell They're Called is a VBT? And how can you tell which ones are the official Hobby Leaders/etc etc, as opposed to just Free Time NPCs/townies, etc? Thanks in advance.

The Hobby leader dudes are the ones who give you a pop-up greeting when you visit the Hobby lots, I belieeeeve.

Yes, that'll tell you 1 of each hobby leader.  However, EAxis made 3 of each hobby leader.  If you want to identify them all, look at their family in SimPE.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2008 March 14, 06:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, EAxis made 3 of each hobby leader.

Ewww.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2008 March 14, 06:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also noticed that my sims with no aspiration benefits have slower-dropping needs and so on. I haven't gotten to test whether or not similar vacation benefits are borked now - has anyone had any experience with that yet?

The family I'm playing just came back from a vacation and the benefits seem to be working normally, at least the ones that boost badge/skill time and keep comfort/fun/social maxed. The other benefits weren't applicable to them so I don't know if the rest are working or not.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2008 March 14, 15:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sim with the OTH of fitness who looses fun when he exercises sucks!

See now, I like that, it makes sense. Why would a lazy ass find exercising fun? Sims should get enjoyment out of certain things, depending on their personality, and to find other activities boring.

Yes, but why would a sim with a low active score have fitness as his OTH? He doesn't even LIKE exercising! Unless he just likes to suffer. Stupid sim.

Because EA is stupid, and thought that hobbies being passed as genetics was a good thing, regardless of what the personality really was, randomly assigning hobbies to people was done shoddily too.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2008 March 14, 15:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Hobby Maven sims are pretty messed up out of the box. For one, not a single one of them actually LIKES their hobby. The Fitness maven wasn't even an ACTIVE sim! I had to nuke him and let the game make a new one, it was just too much to stand. Perhaps I will look into fixing it if possible. Also, they come with random EAxis clothes, so I redressed all of mine in different uniforms that more reflected their hobby.
My Fitness maven is wearing one of the new gypsy-like dresses. Why, I ask you? It's not terribly easy to ride that new super-shiny bike (which is now banned from all my lots) in a dress. Not that it matters. She spends all her time in the pool or the hottub.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: 2008 March 15, 15:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just discovered that the most expensive dining chair (The Banquet something or other) has managed to lose its menu ... it still behaves as a chair but sims can no longer be made to sit on it.

New version of my Pet Interactions Enabler for Forgotten Objects fixes this bug.

Of all the crazy crap in creation this has to qualify as an "I can't believe that even Maxis managed to fucked this one up."

My thought exactly. After 3 EPs, EAxis finally updated GLS dining chair to be usable by pets. However, they botched it royally by disabling human interaction for it. This is a new low for EAxian sloppiness. How could they possibly fuck up almost every time they try to update past stuff pack objects?
« Last Edit: 2008 November 30, 15:08:04 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2008 March 15, 15:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing in Desiderata Valley. John Mole proposed to Sharon and invited her to move in. He got a bad engagement memory (even though I have TJ's critical fix which supposedly prevents this according to the description  Huh) and BOOM! There goes the neighborhood. Almost everyone is missing wants/fears and LTW's have been reset. Yeah... I'm screwed.  Cry
Katuchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2008 March 15, 22:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that'll tell you 1 of each hobby leader.  However, EAxis made 3 of each hobby leader.  If you want to identify them all, look at their family in SimPE.

Is it okay to delete the other two? Using Deleted 2, of course. I really don't need any more character files, thankyousoverymuch Maxis.

Oh, and I didn't see a specific answer to this: will marrying in one of the hobby leaders bork my game? I ask not because I want their beautiful faces in my legacies or anything (though they're an Uglacy's wet dream), but because I plan on Sim Surgerying them, and I won't bother making it genetic if it doesn't even matter, since they can't be moved in anyway. Thanks again!
bimbelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2008 March 16, 03:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had Natasha Una and Julien Cooke get married.  His asp meter went totally platinum and then was stuck that way (wouldn't drop to gold).  I didn't notice anything was wrong until he reprogrammed himself and turned into a grilled cheese Sim.  Later, after they'd both went permaplat, I saved and quit.  When I played them again, their meters were both green and had to be fixed with SimPE.  But the bugginess wasn't over.  Once Natasha was preggers, she got stuck in a bathtub.  I had to force an error on the tub to get her out, and she promptly died next to the tub.  Julien was able to successfully plead for her life, and once she was back, they both had memories of Natasha graduating. Graduating from what, the tub?  The other side?

Disclaimer:  my game is full of questionable stuff, so I may be doing this to myself.
GalenZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2008 March 16, 08:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can second the problem of a 'platinum' sim having an aspirational award (thinking cap, in my case) backfire when used.  Some other people on the UK EA site (http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/sims-2/306063-elixir-life-help.html) have noted the same problem, so it appears to be a real FT bug, not something hack-induced.

I have also just had a hard crash when I attempted to have one sim in a household give a gift to another, before I even got to select the gift.  No idea if this is FT or hack-related, but a google search failed to turn up any other people complaining about the problem, so I'm betting on FT.

GalenZ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2008 March 16, 08:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A fix now exists for this bug. You can get the original from Jeffistan, or the version included in the Director's Cut: they are the same.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
anberu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2008 March 17, 04:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims weren't gaining badges on sewing or pottery, so I emptied the downloads folder and tried again... hooray, badges. But now, even when there's no CC, when my Uni sim finishes a sewing project, there's a burst of confetti, he doesn't get the item he just made, and the sewing table becomes unusable. I haven't been able to find other mention of the same issue... maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2008 March 17, 04:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you check your Sim's inventory? Unlike the other crafting tables all the sewing and pottery projects end up in the inventory, not on the tables. That doesn't explain why the table becomes unusable though.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
anberu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2008 March 17, 05:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I checked the inventory. I even tried making different objects, but nothing but an expensive burst of confetti resulted.

Different sim, new neighborhood, new lot... No problem. Doesn't seem to be a global issue.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 17, 05:57:42 by anberu » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2008 March 17, 15:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had random bursts of confetti a while back, but I know that it wasn't any of my hacks. That was back with BV, it just seemed to be a glitch, but they did it several times, it either fixed itself or it was fixed hen I installed FT.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2008 March 17, 18:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did Free Time break vacations? Bon Voyage is (was) my favorite EP, although I never played the game without the full Pescado/TJ treatment, so I don't really know what EAxian nonsense they might have squelched (and don't want to! *shudder*). However, I just took a family to the beach after installing Free Time, and was appalled. The locals--locals--were dropping from heatstroke so bad that there were times when my playables had to douse the idiots just to walk down the sidewalk. Why are supposedly acclimated natives having heat issues at all without some extreme precipitating factor? It was ludicrous! And unbelievably ugly as well--wtf is up with the dayglow orange colored sunburn on the darkest skintone? Sunburn? On skin that dark? Cthulhu have mercy, why??

I set debug, but I wasn't getting any errors, and when I did a quick scan with selectable, I discovered that their temperatures were absurdly high and did not respond to drinking, voodoo dolls, or any other available solution. Moreover, most of them did not know how to hula--extremely annoying, since all my playables kept rolling the want to learn, and never did. How lame is that? The pre-Free Time easiest souvenir/token award/whatever that memory puzzle piece is called, and they had to go home without it.

Insight would be appreciated. Fixes would be adored.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2008 March 17, 18:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know most MATYzens play with Seasons installed, so you likely would not notice this even if it happened to you.  I do not have Seasons (or Petz), but have BV and FT installed and running.  Since installing FT, on two occasions I had two different sims in one household try to "make group meal / crepes suzettes".  The meal was prepared successfully, but on both occasions the sims in question spontaneously burst into flames while serving (the platter of crepes disappeared at this time as well).

Fortunately, with firemod and an alarm system in the house, the sims were "extinguished" before anything (apart from a hygiene hit) really bad happened.  As this is somewhat amusing to me, I have naturally tried to keep reproducing it, if only to ensure that I'm not just seeing things.  It is apparently not a consistent bug, if that's what it is.

I had thought that spontaneous combustion was something that was restricted to Seasons.  Certainly, there are no other indications that sims are overheating in other situations (like sunbathing, sauna use, hot tubs, etc.).  No errors are spawned.

Any other non-Seasons user notice this?

Tribulatio proxima est
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2008 March 17, 19:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still ANOTHER borkage...

I just moved several graves to a community lot within the same sub-hood. They never showed up. They don't appear to be at the original house in any form, but they are not at my cemetery either. I had community cemeteries before...when did this (re)-break? How can I fix it?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #495 on: 2008 March 17, 19:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing FT, on two occasions I had two different sims in one household try to "make group meal / crepes suzettes".  The meal was prepared successfully, but on both occasions the sims in question spontaneously burst into flames while serving (the platter of crepes disappeared at this time as well).

It has nothing to do with Season's spontaneous combustion. Just like Baked Alaska, Crêpe Suzette requires Flambé to serve, which carries some chance of starting a fire.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2008 March 17, 19:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing FT, on two occasions I had two different sims in one household try to "make group meal / crepes suzettes".  The meal was prepared successfully, but on both occasions the sims in question spontaneously burst into flames while serving (the platter of crepes disappeared at this time as well).

It has nothing to do with Season's spontaneous combustion. Just like Baked Alaska, Crêpe Suzette requires Flambé to serve, which carries some chance of starting a fire.

Well, thank god for that at least.  See, I did not know that.  Still amusing - I'll keep them at it.

Tribulatio proxima est
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2008 March 17, 19:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The locals dropping from heat stroke isn't new with FT, but I suspect (one of) the BV patch(es). I never had it happen when I first got BV, but I was playing shortly before FT came out, and there was a heatstroke epidemic at Twikii Island.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2008 March 17, 21:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before BV(with Seasons) overheated sims mostly used waterbaloon pranks for cooling yourself(even without noauto_waterballoon hack installed),but with BV  EAxis changed CT - Ad Modifier procedure obviously for reason to prevent waterballoon pranks obsession.
Also I can notice that Eaxis trying to block everything that may cause negative relations results.As example is Argue interactions disabled auto for visitors,PunchU-punch Me disabled auto for visitors too,also preferable interactions for characters autonomy disabled for any except sloppy...and so on.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 18, 21:42:11 by Alexx » Logged
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2008 March 17, 22:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't read this entire thread, so I don't know if this has been posted yet or not.
I sent my plat aspiration sim into the energizer and he came out with all his bars red! Angry

May all your fears & worries come true.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: