More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:08:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 333795 times)
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #275 on: 2008 March 04, 01:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the fast drops the first time I played, before I put in any hacks at all. It's the game, not hacks.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2008 March 04, 01:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the fast drops the first time I played, before I put in any hacks at all. It's the game, not hacks.
I thought that I had noticed odd energy drops in my vanilla game, but I couldn't be sure that I was not mistaken or remembering things incorrectly. I would send my sims off to work with a high level of energy and by the time they got home, their energy was completely bottomed out.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2008 March 04, 02:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ugh... blogging... pregnant... PHAIL.

That's so broken for no reason at all that it renders me unable to construct a valid sentence. She'd been pregnant about an hour when she started throwing a fit about blogging - because, of course, being pregnant makes you incapable of blogging due to poor mood, nevermind that your motives are nearly maxed out.

INFP or something
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2008 March 04, 10:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it was mentioned already but I too am having issues with the summon aliens never working and debug abductions won't work either which was already mentioned as well I think. 

I only had success between 10pm - 2am for summon aliens. Have you tried summoning between those times?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2008 March 04, 12:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The borked job uniforms for elders again (just like in Seasons).

My sim was at the level of Deep Sea Fisherman in the Oceanography career.  He went to work in a uniform with a cap, then aged into elder.  Next day when he went to work as an elder at the same job level, he went in his normal clothing, no uniform and no cap.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2008 March 04, 12:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's so broken for no reason at all that it renders me unable to construct a valid sentence. She'd been pregnant about an hour when she started throwing a fit about blogging - because, of course, being pregnant makes you incapable of blogging due to poor mood, nevermind that your motives are nearly maxed out.

That's better then what my pregnant sims did. All motives were starting around half empty except hunger, that one was completely empty. I send her to make herself some food and it keeps dropping out of que so at the end she died, just because she didn't want to eat (she took it out of the fridge, and then dropped it somewhere, bacause apparently she thinks that dancing is more important). Her husband brought her back to life and guess what's the first thing she decided to do now she's back alive? She started to eat... and now I can't make her stop eating, eventhough her hunger bar is completely full.

edit: I have the latest directory cut in my game... and some other updated hacks from twojeff

"Today you'll see me crash and burn, but I'll be back tomorrow."
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2008 March 04, 14:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, had the same thing. "Can't you see I'm in a bad mood?" in spite of being fully greened up. And then! Later, she blogged autonomously. Stubborn wench.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: 2008 March 04, 14:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims should be able to blog when in a bad mood. I certainly do!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2008 March 04, 15:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it was just that I'd be less flabbergasted - it's that, while in a perfectly good mood, in fact, a great mood, she refuses to blog because "can't you see I'm in a bad mood?!". This only happens while pregnant. Others have reported that tanking the fun motive will cause her to STFU and blog but I'm holding out for an awesome fix.

INFP or something
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2008 March 04, 15:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it was mentioned already but I too am having issues with the summon aliens never working and debug abductions won't work either which was already mentioned as well I think. 

I only had success between 10pm - 2am for summon aliens. Have you tried summoning between those times?
Mentioned before, but all abduction odds hacks don't play nice with FreeTime right now. I can't use my shiny x5 and x10 odds telescopes anymore, and a debugged abduction doesn't work, so basically every alien pregnancy I have in my mostly-alien 'hood either has to be through the tombstone (anticlimactic) or the sim has to have Knowledge as a primary or secondary aspiration. Not fun since I'm rolling for primary and secondary.

In other news, I had an abduction at 5:30 am.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2008 March 04, 16:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be possible that twojeff's higherabduction odds is overwriting the Summon Aliens perk? Try Summoning the green ones without his hack in?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Katuchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2008 March 04, 17:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's taken me days of casual reading, but I finally got through the whole thread. I'm playing with the Awesome FT hacks, some updated TwoJeffs, and some hacks that I don't remember where they're from, but made it clean through the hackdiff.

All the problems I'm having are basically the same as everyone else - massive motive drops, especially energy (all in sims that have the slow motive decay perks), slow badge earning, annoying hobby spam, etc. Another odd thing I've noticed is that the Education Career Bookcase books no longer have gold covers. It still functions, sims can study all skills (and Parenting, etc), I haven't noticed whether they do it at the accelerated speed, though. But I kind of miss my shiny book covers.

I haven't yet had a case of bees from bug hunting, but every single hiking trip ends in either bees or skunks.

Another interesting quirk I found is that I've had three of my children in different hobbies get invites to the secret lots, but no membership cards or magazines. And all my adults get the "do u want magazine?" pop-ups, and one of them got a membership card (at 4 enthusiasm), but significantly less secret lot invites. The only one to receive a membership card, is my elder Arts and Crafts female, who has almost maxed enthusiasm, and she's never been invited to the secret lot. It kind of baffles me; what determines what pop-ups you get?

That's all I can recall at the moment. If I recall other problems, I'll be back
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2008 March 04, 17:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that pretty much the ONLY reason to blog? I mean, my Awesome self, as a permaplat, is always in a good mood, and thus I see no appeal in blogging.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2008 March 04, 17:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pop ups for the magazines have stopped for me, thankfully, (nohobbyspam, I'm assuming  Wink) but if I click on the phone, I can subscribe. Everyone is also getting all their club memberships at 5 points, as they are supposed to. The membership card IS the secret lot invite. Kids just sometimes get them before that, from chance cards when they are at school.

I have lots of bees from bug hunting, but so far (knock wood) all my hikes have ended with positive things.

The guy with the perk where he's supposed to have Moar Luck at chance cards definitely has the worst luck, so I've broken out the chance card tester.  Tongue I play with testing cheats on, anyway, but man, I'm getting tired of constantly adjusting their needs. Slide fun down to keep them blogging/watching movies/etc, slide hygeine and energy UP constantly. Bah!
« Last Edit: 2008 March 04, 19:20:50 by KatEnigma » Logged

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2008 March 04, 18:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be possible that twojeff's higherabduction odds is overwriting the Summon Aliens perk?

FYI, TJ posted a FT version of that on inteen last night.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2008 March 04, 19:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, okay. I wasn't having problems with it myself (not very many knowledge sims) but I kinda figure it was a case of tight pants for everyone else.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2008 March 04, 21:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When using Summon Aliens, the other household members aren't getting a memory of 'X being abducted'... Not with normal abductions either, I think, though I only tested that once.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2008 March 05, 00:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought I'd add my observations and guesses on the "always bringing home the same NPC" thing.

Has happened to two of my sims.  In both situations, the same things were happening.
- both sims are in new careers.  (So there are no townies in those careers, as townies only get base game careers unless you make your own and put them in new careers before you townify them)
- both sims got a hobby-based chance card at work.
- the result in each case was that they would bring a hobby friend home after work.
- when they come home from work, there are no townies to choose from, and no playables in that career with that hobby interest, so they bring home an NPC with an interest in their hobby.  A burglar and a professor in my case (thankfully not a drama professor).
- they bring this NPC home every day.

The fact that it's an NPC isn't bothering me.  It's the fact that's it every damn day.  I do have other playables in these careers, and it would be nice if my sims could have the chance to bring home someone else.

My non-techy* guess is that when I answer the chance card, the game is setting up something that says "bring home a hobby friend when you come home from work", and that this is supposed to be cleared after they do bring home a hobby friend.  However, whatever it is that was set up isn't getting cleared, and the game still thinks they need to bring home a hobby friend every time they get home from work.

* My non-techy guess is carefully written to avoid technical jargon such as whatchamacallit and thingummybob, since I'm not techy enough to spell them correctly.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 05, 00:12:50 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2008 March 05, 00:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read through this thread and I seem to have a wierd bug which hasn't been mentioned yet (At least I think it hasn't). Since installing FT i've had problems with one fmaily in articula - I'm not sure about others, haven't checked everyone yet - due to a problem with the school bus. The game says it's 3.30 in the afternoon and the kids are back from school. But the school bus is sitting in the road, refusing to move and beeping the horn, as if it's about to drive off. I don't know what to do with it apart from delete it with moveobjects. Or I might try fastforwarding to the next schoolday and see if the kids can use it to get to school.

I only had DC hacks + collegeadjuster instaled when I first noticed this glitch, so I don't think it's hack related. Has anyone else experienced it?

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2008 March 05, 00:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check that the kids can get off it.  Is the mailbox or trashcan blocking the school bus door?  If it is, the kids will teleport off the bus at 4, and the bus will then teleport off the lot.  Or you can turn move objects on and move the mailbox/trashcan a tile further down the street.

If the kids are getting off the bus ok, the next step is to check that there is no invisible object blocking the bus.  Nuke the area just in front of where the bus stops with the stuck object remover (found in the hacks directory).

Even if you don't fix it, the bus will teleport off the lot at 4pm anyway.

reese
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2008 March 05, 00:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- both sims are in new careers.  (So there are no townies in those careers, as townies only get base game careers unless you make your own and put them in new careers before you townify them)
- both sims got a hobby-based chance card at work.

Unfortunately, neither of these are true for me (but I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this). Mine was a journalism career, which had already been used extensively in my other hoods. I am, however, playing in the Desiderata hood, which had not yet been used. And I haven't received a single hobby card yet.

The weirdest thing to me is that it was a teen NPC instead of an adult. And now he's stuck in some weird half-dead limbo.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2008 March 05, 00:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two small things I've noticed - I have to manually queue a Sim to go to work if they catch a ride in the helicopter and a couple of my fitness Sims have wanted to go jogging even though they don't have the enthusiasm level for it yet. I'm also getting annoyed by the sheer amount of hobby wants. Every morning my Sims have to talk about their hobbies, blog about their hobbies, and do something related to their hobbies before any normal aspiration-related wants start showing up. They are all fulfilled easily enough most of the time (except for Science, who wants to stargaze, see a shooting star, find a constellation, etc. at 8AM) but spending half the day just to get to the point of wanting to train the anklebiter to use the terlet is frustrating.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2008 March 05, 00:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also getting annoyed by the sheer amount of hobby wants.

I wouldn't call that a bug, that has been the norm with every new ep. The sims will spend the entire time obsessing over wants that came with it. Pes will fix this I'm sure, if he hasn't already.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2008 March 05, 00:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pre-FT permaplat sims appear borked.  No clue how or why, but your #1 is a common problem.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2008 March 05, 01:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't call that a bug, that has been the norm with every new ep. The sims will spend the entire time obsessing over wants that came with it. Pes will fix this I'm sure, if he hasn't already.

Yeah, I should be used to it by now but it does seem like I have to roll past more wants in this EP to see the important ones. With BV I just had to hula, slap dance, and do tai chi real quick and the normal wants would roll up but with FT it's more like talk, blog, prepare meal, eat meal, study cooking, then the regular power wants start showing up.

ETA: Ok I guess it is about the same number of wants, I guess I got used to the BV ones because I could fulfill all of them in under an hour and move on with my Sim's day. The Science ones that you can only do at night are still really annoying.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: