More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:19:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 333805 times)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #250 on: 2008 March 03, 16:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's something else I've noticed - sims keep autonomously congratulating each other. Most of the time, the speech bubble only has the other sim's picture in it, so it makes it look like they're saying 'HEY, GOOD JOB FOR BEING YOU!'

I had this problem when I first installed BV.

Has anyone tried to put items in the sims inventory? I was going to move a family and was sticking some things in their inventory. I picked up the computer, it will not go in and neither will the sewing machine. I tried on a different sim in the family, who I hadn't put anything into his inventory yet, and still could not. I then grabbed a random bookshelf and that went in fine.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2008 March 03, 17:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried to put items in the sims inventory? I was going to move a family and was sticking some things in their inventory. I picked up the computer, it will not go in and neither will the sewing machine. I tried on a different sim in the family, who I hadn't put anything into his inventory yet, and still could not. I then grabbed a random bookshelf and that went in fine.

Is the computer still turned on? Then turning it off should solve that problem, at least it did before FT. Perhaps it's similar with the sewing machine - is there any "unfinished project" on it?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2008 March 03, 17:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the computer still turned on? Then turning it off should solve that problem, at least it did before FT. Perhaps it's similar with the sewing machine - is there any "unfinished project" on it?
I'm pretty sure the computer was off. I know the screen was black. I will poke around with that some more. As for the Sewing machine, I did have a sim clean in up, but I only watched her walk in that direction, so it is a possibility that she maybe did not get to it before something else caught her attention.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2008 March 03, 17:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could have easily found out yourself by doing what Kyna suggested, but as I can't find my pointy stick right now:
And you could have easily just mentioned which two hacks in your first response.  Wink

My point, which obviously went over your head, was that it may well be that more than those 2 hacks were broken.

Yes, I could have pointed out what I knew about those two, but you may still have problems with some of your other hacks - some of which I haven't heard of so I can't tell you if they need updating for FT or not.

I suppose I could take the time to Google where those hacks are from, then come back and tell you if they need updating.  But if you can't be bothered to help yourself, why should I give up my game-playing time to help you?
Precisely. Fracking Entitlement Generation. If you're going to have hacks from several different sources, you'd better have a damned good memory, or sub-folder them.  I do a bit of both.  Take them out before installing a patch or new EP, and don't put them back in until the creator clears them. Otherwise, your bug reports are completely unreliable.

I can confirm, however, that I'm having difficulty getting a teen to birdwatch. Only tried after 6:00 pm, though, so it may be a timing thing. No errors, just standard queue-dropping.

For your sewing machine issue, the hobby crafting machines work on the same setup as the OFB crafting machines. Enthusiasm is superfluous. Badge gaining seems incredibly slow on the new machines. You cannot sew anything over a pot holder because your sim hasn't yet earned a bronze badge.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2008 March 03, 18:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The higher the enthusiasm, the faster it drops. L&P Guide says Levels 1-4 lose at a rate of 1 (point, magnitude, something?) an hour levels 5-9 lose 2/hour, and level 10 loses 5/hour.  Tongue I actually thought it would be harder to maintain level 10 than it is, though.

Yes, autonomous congratulations for nothing was new with BV. Harmless, but slightly annoying.

My theory behind the need decay was that they've upped the rate to balance out the things that are supposed to slow it down. Like how stores will raise prices and then put things "on sale" BUT, having the bonuses borked entirely would explain how my Fortune Sims (different lots, even), who are supposed to have MOAR LUCK at the chance cards, are answering them wrong every single freaking time.  I'm about to break out the chance card tester and set it to always positive. The first one got the same one 3 days in a row, losing each time, before I started to hit ignore, and now it's happening on the new Sim too.

I think some of these annoyances are Eaxis' idiotic way of handling our complaints.  Complain that Sims get obsessed with some things (like the hot tub and poker table) and won't move from the spot until they are in needs failure (if then for visitors)? So now we have Sims with ADHD that drop their actions left and right the second any of their needs get the slightest tinge of yellow.  Complain that they make food too much? Now they won't make it autonomously.  Heck, and I had a toddler badly in need of a bath, and didn't realize because I'm so used to cancelling out the bath option 100 times a session, but no one tried to bathe him autonomously.  I think we're getting worse than incompetence with this EP- it's incompetence trying to help us.  Roll Eyes "Dear EA, Please keep on making the game as crappy as you have before, and we'll let Pes take care of the annoyances. Don't try to help!!!!111 Kthnxbai"

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2008 March 03, 18:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, to be more specific, they don't go for the fridge until their hunger is about 5%, the motive bar almost completely drained. They do this only if there is leftovers in it, or else they'll just do the desperation thing and "stuff face" 20times until they're filled. Sometimes they don't even do that, and just die.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2008 March 03, 18:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good. Survival of the fittest. That's what you get for not leaving food out.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2008 March 03, 18:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must hunt down that link to report bugs to EA.

http://thesims2.ea.com/community/qa_form.php
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2008 March 03, 19:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, to be more specific, they don't go for the fridge until their hunger is about 5%, the motive bar almost completely drained. They do this only if there is leftovers in it, or else they'll just do the desperation thing and "stuff face" 20times until they're filled. Sometimes they don't even do that, and just die.

Strange. I saw in your earlier post that you have Dizzy's leftover hack. Which version do you use? I'm asking because I have it myself (1c), and it seems to work fine. Seems, because I've only caught one sim trying to make food autonomously so far (my sims are too busy normally to try and eat before I direct them to), but she pulled out a plate with leftovers instead, as intended. Her hunger bar was at about 40%. I cannot say if it works without leftovers, though.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2008 March 03, 20:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims can't study parenting. I was able to have one person in one house do it, but now everytime the sims take the book, sit down on the couch and jump up. I've only got FT-DC and a couple TwoJeffs updated for FT, so I don't know if it's just my sims that don't like parenting or what. Any suggestions? I have all EPs and SPs and only updated for FT hacks.

Also, I'm sick of my sims coming out with the same hobby enthusiams. I do have some variety, but I have to keep changing them so I don't get all these cusine/tinkering geeks.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2008 March 03, 21:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange. I saw in your earlier post that you have Dizzy's leftover hack. Which version do you use? I'm asking because I have it myself (1c), and it seems to work fine. Seems, because I've only caught one sim trying to make food autonomously so far (my sims are too busy normally to try and eat before I direct them to), but she pulled out a plate with leftovers instead, as intended. Her hunger bar was at about 40%. I cannot say if it works without leftovers, though.

Sorry, I'll try to be even more specific.

I have the latest version of the leftover hack installed.

If there are no leftovers in the fridge, Sims will not do anything food-related until they are near death. And I mean almost completely drained. They'll get the "stuff face" desperation in the queue but 4/5 times this has happened, by the time they get to the fridge, it's too late and they die. This happened to everyone but one Sim. That last Sim DID make it to the fridge and "stuffed face" about 10 times until hunger was about 50%.

If there are leftovers in the fridge, Sims will wait until they are about 20% in hunger before taking a leftover. They will keep taking leftovers until their hunger is full.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2008 March 03, 21:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims can't study parenting. I was able to have one person in one house do it, but now everytime the sims take the book, sit down on the couch and jump up. I've only got FT-DC and a couple TwoJeffs updated for FT, so I don't know if it's just my sims that don't like parenting or what. Any suggestions? I have all EPs and SPs and only updated for FT hacks.

Also, I'm sick of my sims coming out with the same hobby enthusiams. I do have some variety, but I have to keep changing them so I don't get all these cusine/tinkering geeks.

Is their fun full? I noticed that I had to drag one sim's fun meter down a notch to get him to sit and read about parenting. All of my other sims with not so full bars were fine.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2008 March 03, 21:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are we then 100% convinced that the jobs being borked is hack related? 

I finally went back and got a chance to read the entire thread and believe me I am not stupid enough to leave in InSim/Inteen or any other unupdated hack.  Now something still stuck in there that I don't know about, possible but not likely as I'm a little OCD about how things are organized within the game, but I have looked and have not found.
Deviancy
Asinine Airhead

Brownies are evil...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: 2008 March 03, 21:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good. Survival of the fittest. That's what you get for not leaving food out.

If you don't leave it out, I'll just steal it from ya Wink...

Anywho..

I took out thefightclub..

Replaced perfectgardens with the new one..

Left in Crammy's Nudie due to the fact that I'm 90% sure it isn't causing the teen/birdwatch issue.

As for xxxsims2 woohoo, that damn thing has had issues prior to FT.  I think it may be nocd crack related since it isn't a conflict with another mod and it was fine prior to using a no cd crack, at least on my end.  The others with the issue who've messaged me or created threads elsewhere haven't mentioned if they are using a no cd crack or not.  I just figured I'd point that out just in case anyone happens across this thread and thinks the issue is FT related.

As for careers, I need to take a few of those out but the problem is, clean installer doesn't break them down to their own category as far as I can tell.

vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2008 March 03, 22:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update on my troubles with hunger autonomy: Sims will feed/cook for themselves if Power idle is on. However, I find that kind of boring as I like to control my Sims. Not sure this narrows it down for anyone who could possibly make a fix for the issue.

Edit: Further testing -- I used my brain and played a different lot, and no problems so far. Which sucks because that family I had was one of my favorites and I don't want to have to rebuild their house if I start over again in order to fix the bug.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 03, 22:19:16 by vikitty » Logged
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2008 March 03, 22:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer them to make their own meals autonomously, so I can just ignore it unless they have kids. The problem is that they constantly "stuff face." Good job, EA, fixing the one thing about sims serving themselves that ISN'T broken. If they didn't keep grabbing snacks or stuffing their faces and if the visitors left the damn fridge alone, it would be FINE.

vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2008 March 03, 23:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having this problem.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2008 March 03, 23:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for xxxsims2 woohoo, that damn thing has had issues prior to FT.
What does this one do? I'm not familiar with it. There may be an alternative which is FT-friendly.

Surprisingly, at the 14-guest wedding I had last night, all guests but one ate from the buffet table. One went for the fridge and the chips. I was pleasantly pleased at how well it ran, though I did have to turn testing cheats off due to the animation string errors on high Science and Culinary sims. Oh, and the grooms mom showed up in her old wedding dress as I'd apparently forgotten to change her default formal. That was humorous.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2008 March 03, 23:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for xxxsims2 woohoo, that damn thing has had issues prior to FT.
What does this one do? I'm not familiar with it. There may be an alternative which is FT-friendly.

Your sims can screw wherever. In the middle of the kitchen, on the floor, different positions. That one is the only one I've found that does that. The creator of it is bad about not listing ep compatibility. It was his couch or something that was causing my BV hammocks to error.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2008 March 03, 23:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it was mentioned already but I too am having issues with the summon aliens never working and debug abductions won't work either which was already mentioned as well I think. 
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2008 March 04, 00:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed this in my legacy family: hot chocolate no longer increases energy in kids. Works fine for adults, but I had one kid in red-orange energy (at 10am! That's another thing, it seems like everytime I look at my sims' needs, their energy is bottoming out), so i hit macro/caffeinete so I wouldn't have to send the kid to bed at 10am. He drank the cup, went back for more, and his energy hadn't budged at all. Hot chocolate works fine for adults, though, so I don't really know what is going on.
Deviancy
Asinine Airhead

Brownies are evil...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2008 March 04, 00:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your sims can screw wherever. In the middle of the kitchen, on the floor, different positions. That one is the only one I've found that does that. The creator of it is bad about not listing ep compatibility. It was his couch or something that was causing my BV hammocks to error.

I talked to the dude or dudette behind the mods before, he or she claimed they work on ever ep, this was up until FT.  So he or she does not list ep compatbility because in his or her mind, the mods work regardless of the ep.  They released two updates for the woohoo pack.  One update adds a popup that asks if you want your sim to do it clothed or naked, the other update disallows family members to screw.  As far as I can tell from testing them, neither update resolves the rooting issue some have.  However, it is the only mod at this time that does what it does.  So even if it is buggy at times, if you get a kick out of your sims bending over anyone they want.. its worth it.  Besides, the adult sims will do what you tell them to do, they just become less independant, so they kind of turn into those who vote republican Smiley.

Here's the link to the package if you wanna get it..

http://members.lycos.co.uk/xxxsims2/
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2008 March 04, 00:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the link to the package if you wanna get it..

http://members.lycos.co.uk/xxxsims2/
I already had it, and a few others by them.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2008 March 04, 01:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like my ACR. Already had to deal with a sim walking around nekkid for half the day because for some odd reason she didn't remember to redress for hours, I don't particularly want them having surprise butt-sex in the kitchen.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2008 March 04, 01:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's another thing, it seems like everytime I look at my sims' needs, their energy is bottoming out), so i hit macro/caffeinete so I wouldn't have to send the kid to bed at 10am. He drank the cup, went back for more, and his energy hadn't budged at all. Hot chocolate works fine for adults, though, so I don't really know what is going on.

I agree that my sims' energy bars seem to be out of whack since installing this EP-- they've been dropping like crazy, and it seems pretty unlikely that it's hack-related, since the majority of my hacks are from the DC. There are only three or so non-awesome, and they're all reported to be compatible with FT.

I sing along with elevator music.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: