More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:32:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 333799 times)
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #225 on: 2008 March 03, 05:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked one of my sim's memories, and he's BFFs with his grandparents... except they died long before I even installed FT. His twin sister doesn't have the BFF memory for them though she was just regular Best Friends with them before they died. The BFF memories of the grandparents are in between other family members who are still alive.

The BFF thing is definitely borked. I had one of my sims randomly gain 6 BFFs, all while she was sleeping. There was no interaction whatsoever taking place. Two of my sims (twins) also randomly became BFFs with each other while they slept. Damn EAxis.  Angry

I gather that this is as intended - that the game updates BFFs on a cycle based on being best friends for a certain amount of time, and does not need an interaction to happen.

JM has stated in his BFFs are for 12s hack thread in the Firing Range that he will add a check to stop the dead BFF thing.  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,11252.0.html
« Last Edit: 2008 March 03, 06:56:05 by dusty » Logged
Stagefrenzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2008 March 03, 05:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How bout a vampire that cant sleep in the coffin due to the new and improved adhd
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2008 March 03, 06:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepclock has a built-in ADHD corrector.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2008 March 03, 07:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hunger motive is now borked. Sims will not autonomously go find food if they're hungry until they're half-dead, and that's only to "stuff face." I ran a test game in both a vanilla environment (no hacks) and in my typical setup (all hacks) and with my typical setup, they would go to the fridge if there were leftovers available. (possibly because I have Dizzy's "have a leftover" hack)
« Last Edit: 2008 March 03, 07:28:19 by vikitty » Logged
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2008 March 03, 07:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about motive dropping?  Huh

I'm now scared to choose any motive helping points, because I think they work the other way. Much like Bon Voyage souvenirs.
I had Sims that chose A&B helper (almost every pair) and A and B motives were dropping extremley fast.
I noticed this the most on social motive. Now every morning my sims get up with half a bar. Sad
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2008 March 03, 07:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

someone at a non-awesome Sims forum had a theory that the faster motive decay is because the new aspiration points are like "slower hunger decay, slower energy decay," etc etc. I hope that's not true and someone can come up with a fix. I've lost a bunch of sims to starvation running the game in windowed mode.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2008 March 03, 08:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A theory over at the boolprop forum, is that motive decay is adjusted depending on how high your sims mood meter is, at the time of the age transition, and then adjusted every wek thereafter.
A really depressed sim would get an added motive decay, whereas for a sim in platinum mood, the motive decay rate would be diminished. Weekly adjustments are then added on top of this, so you get a snowball effect. Thus, unhappy sims are tired, gotta pee, hungry and generally more cranky than usual.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2008 March 03, 08:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't mind the motive decay if my Sims would actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT so they don't starve to death when I'm not paying attention. THAT is what is borked and pissing me off.  Angry
Deviancy
Asinine Airhead

Brownies are evil...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: 2008 March 03, 08:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed free time tonight..

I didn't take out all of my hacks though because I'm mental.

I took out inteeniator because I know that one stops working each time a new expansion comes out.

I left in...

Antiredundancy
no-jealousy2
Perfect Gardens
Thomas Riordan's Naked Massage
Crammyboys naked thingee.. I got the one that was updated for BV..
XXXsims2 woohoo
sofa-hack1h

Do I need antiredundancy still?  I left it in after I installed the BV patch, the patch supposedly fixed that issue didn't it?

I tested the game for about an hour, so I have awhile to go before I can say I totally tested it.

So far one bug I found is kind of odd..

Adults can birdwatch, they get out their ol binoculars and they go do their thing.  The teens on the other hand, they go off to birdwatch but then they never bust out their binoculars, they just stand there like idiots.  I maxed out their motives.. still no go.. boosted their aspiration.. still no go.  The hacks I did leave aren't teen specific, so one would think if it was one of the hacks it would affect the adults as well.  So I can't figure this one out, they are on a vacation lot though.  I'll see if the bug sticks with them when they return home.

The other bug, which may not be a bug, the sewing machine.  One of the teens has like 3 or 4 dots filled out on her arts and crafts thing from sewing, but she can still only sew pot holders.  Is that the only thing they can sew?  Or is something screwed up there as well?  Well she can rebuild a car fine.. so thats cool.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2008 March 03, 09:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...It's also pissing me off as I keep having to rebuild the work/money/school and politics interests to make sure the kids get into private school.
Wait, you're telling me you have to have the right interests to get your kid into private school now? Sure, it's gotten really easy for me now - show him 3 rooms, then whip some sparkly leftovers on 'im, and you're in - but that's just ridiculous.
No it's for the schmooze points which can net you about 60 points in a headmaster scenario meaning if you do a quick tour that's it

Ah, okay, that would make sense. See, I don't even bother chatting him up anymore. And my sims don't actually sit down to eat with him most of the time. One sim just grabs a "serving platter" of something sparkly from the fridge and leaves it on the counter. Then it's Two Bathrooms & a Bedroom, Call for Dinner, and let him go get himself a plate of leftovers to be impressed by. A max-Charisma sim can get 12 Schmooze points just for taking him on the bloody tour and not even bothering to do any actual schmoozing.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2008 March 03, 09:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am lazy I didnt read all of the post but I have found that in debug mode shift+click on the telescope to force abduction it is broke as well. I have tried it in a few hoods and without hacks as well with hacks. I cant get my male sims pregers when I want too. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2008 March 03, 09:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh! Just when I thought things were going my way, another aggravating bug pops up! It appears that the appearance of the gypsy that bears the genie lamp is indeed random, but then every single time you call and invite the matchmaker over thereafter, she just sneaks onto the lot and brings another lamp before sneaking away again.  Angry  There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

I must hunt down that link to report bugs to EA.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2008 March 03, 10:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple of issues, one being teens not being able to birdwatch. Adults can birdwatch just fine, but teens just put up the binoculars for a second, then lower them and exit out of the action. Also, the basketball court is driving me nuts, as even if you x out of the action, the sim still walks all the way over to the court. I also had this with homework- the child came home on the bus and took out her homework. I x-ed out the homework action so she'd drop it on the lawn, but she still paraded through the entire house to drop it upstairs.

Bees occur way too often when bug-hunting, and the bee action goes on for way too long. My test sim was bug-hunting, and she had two bee attacks within about 3 or 4 real-time minutes. Badges also are taking forever- in the Aspir house, the Grandfather got his bronze sewing badge in a decent amount of time. But the mother STILL hasn't earned a bronze sewing badge after DAYS of sewing.

I also think the enthusiasm drops a little quickly. It seems like I'm constantly getting pop-ups on how Sim X is losing enthusiasm in X Hobby, which is especially annoying when the sim only had a point or two in the hobby in the first place. My sim doesn't bug-hunt for a day and her maxed nature enthusiasm drops a point? Annoying.
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2008 March 03, 10:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A theory over at the boolprop forum, is that motive decay is adjusted depending on how high your sims mood meter is, at the time of the age transition, and then adjusted every wek thereafter.
A really depressed sim would get an added motive decay, whereas for a sim in platinum mood, the motive decay rate would be diminished. Weekly adjustments are then added on top of this, so you get a snowball effect. Thus, unhappy sims are tired, gotta pee, hungry and generally more cranky than usual.

I quite like the idea. Has anybody tried to confirm this?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2008 March 03, 10:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed free time tonight..

I didn't take out all of my hacks though because I'm mental.

I took out inteeniator because I know that one stops working each time a new expansion comes out.

I left in...

Antiredundancy
no-jealousy2
Perfect Gardens
Thomas Riordan's Naked Massage
Crammyboys naked thingee.. I got the one that was updated for BV..
XXXsims2 woohoo
sofa-hack1h

Do I need antiredundancy still?  I left it in after I installed the BV patch, the patch supposedly fixed that issue didn't it?

I tested the game for about an hour, so I have awhile to go before I can say I totally tested it.

So far one bug I found is kind of odd..

Adults can birdwatch, they get out their ol binoculars and they go do their thing.  The teens on the other hand, they go off to birdwatch but then they never bust out their binoculars, they just stand there like idiots.  I maxed out their motives.. still no go.. boosted their aspiration.. still no go.  The hacks I did leave aren't teen specific, so one would think if it was one of the hacks it would affect the adults as well.  So I can't figure this one out, they are on a vacation lot though.  I'll see if the bug sticks with them when they return home.

The other bug, which may not be a bug, the sewing machine.  One of the teens has like 3 or 4 dots filled out on her arts and crafts thing from sewing, but she can still only sew pot holders.  Is that the only thing they can sew?  Or is something screwed up there as well?  Well she can rebuild a car fine.. so thats cool.

Seeing at least two hacks in your list that are definitively flagged as outdated for FT, I'm not too surprised that you're running into problems Roll Eyes.

The pot holder thing is normal, a sim must gain a bronze sewing badge before s/he can sew other things. It takes awfully long, though.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Deviancy
Asinine Airhead

Brownies are evil...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: 2008 March 03, 11:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which two?

I removed the sofa hack, I wasn't using it anyways.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2008 March 03, 11:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sloppyhousewife said that at least two were outdated.  That means that possibly more of them are outdated - and the wise player would check for themselves to be sure that every one of the mods they use were compatible.

I suggest you go around to the sites where those mods are from, and check which are ok, which need updating, and which now have updates for Free Time.  Most decent modders quickly provide a list after an EP release, so that people know which mods are safe to use.  There is also a thread here at MATY that lists some abandoned mods (by modders who have left the Sims community).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2008 March 03, 11:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which two?

You could have easily found out yourself by doing what Kyna suggested, but as I can't find my pointy stick right now:

Perfect Gardens
Crammyboy's Nudist Hack

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2008 March 03, 12:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hunger motive is now borked. Sims will not autonomously go find food if they're hungry until they're half-dead, and that's only to "stuff face."
THANK GOODNESS. I *HATED* their constant obsession with food all the time!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2008 March 03, 12:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hunger motive is now borked. Sims will not autonomously go find food if they're hungry until they're half-dead, and that's only to "stuff face."
THANK GOODNESS. I *HATED* their constant obsession with food all the time!

I cannot confirm that. My sims still head for the fridge when their hunger bar is at, say, 40%, when not occupied otherwise. Then again, "half-dead" is an elastic word, of course.

Deviancy
Asinine Airhead

Brownies are evil...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: 2008 March 03, 13:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could have easily found out yourself by doing what Kyna suggested, but as I can't find my pointy stick right now:

And you could have easily just mentioned which two hacks in your first response.  Wink

Besides it isn't easy find the sites where each hack came from originally. 

The wise gamer plays the game and has fun...

But he should start keeping notes I guess Wink...

« Last Edit: 2008 March 03, 13:43:50 by Deviancy » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2008 March 03, 13:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perfect Gardens

TJ posted an update to his (their? Smiley) FT compatibility list late yesterday, and this one is cleared for FT now.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: 2008 March 03, 13:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And you could have easily just mentioned which two hacks in your first response.  Wink

Besides it isn't easy find the sites where each hack came from originally. 

The wise gamer plays the game and has fun...

But he should start keeping notes I guess Wink...

Contrary to what you might believe, we are not here to serve you, kthnxbye. You add hacks, you are responsible to update them.

Deviancy
Asinine Airhead

Brownies are evil...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: 2008 March 03, 13:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pfft.. not sure who told you that you're not here to serve me but.. whatever...

The people on the internets are here to entertain and serve me..

Now go get me a soda pop.. wench Wink...

Personal responsibility is sooo 1965..

And thanks jsalemi..

I just went to aestudios and found his new free time director's cut thingee.

So now I just need to hope someone will update crammy's nudie thing.. or not.. it isn't that important of a hack. 
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2008 March 03, 14:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My point, which obviously went over your head, was that it may well be that more than those 2 hacks were broken.

Yes, I could have pointed out what I knew about those two, but you may still have problems with some of your other hacks - some of which I haven't heard of so I can't tell you if they need updating for FT or not.

I suppose I could take the time to Google where those hacks are from, then come back and tell you if they need updating.  But if you can't be bothered to help yourself, why should I give up my game-playing time to help you?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: