More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:42:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 333796 times)
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #200 on: 2008 March 02, 07:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed the Bookshelf reward object not working properly? I can get it to work fine with mechanical, cleaning and cooking but not for body for some reason.  Huh

No hacks apart from those in Mr P's FT folder
Jron
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2008 March 02, 07:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My friend is having animation string errors continually, to the point where she has stopped playing, tonight, for good. She has no CC, nothing, at all. I'm not technical enough to understand a lot of the discussion about these, so I was wondering if someone could tell me simply what these were, what she could do to avoid them, or if there is a fix for them.

This is what she emailed me

Object id: 645
name: N006_User00072 - Michelle
Stack size: 8
Error: Animation name is empty string.
Iterations: 76
  Frame 7:
    Stack Object id: 645
    Stack Object name: N006_User00072 - Michelle
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 9466 name 'Hobby - Practice Pose' version -32758
    from PersonGlobals
    Prim state: 0
    Params:    Locals:
  Frame 6:
    Node: 4
    Tree: id 4102 name 'Sub - Hobby Signature Behaviors' version -32756
    from TemplatePerson
    Params:    Locals: 0 0
  Frame 5:
    Node: 0
    Tree: id 4099 name 'CT - Signature Behavior' version -32742
    from TemplatePerson
  Frame 4:
    Node: 2
    Tree: id 8961 name 'Function - Main - Try Signature Behavior' version -32758
    from PersonGlobals
    Prim state: 1
  Frame 3:
    Node: 24
    Tree: id 8233 name 'Function - Main - Process Autonomy' version 59
    from PersonGlobals
  Frame 2:
    Node: 6
    Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 96
    from PersonGlobals
    Params: 0 20 1    Locals: 0
  Frame 1:
    Node: 6
    Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 115
    from PersonGlobals
    Params:    Locals: 5 20 0
  Frame 0:
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
    from TemplatePerson
gyrobot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2008 March 02, 07:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game for some reason freezes up sometime, I dont know if I need more ram, but shortly after guests leave, my game freeze up and then turns back to normal, I may think about getting a more ram as I just gotten some more allowance.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2008 March 02, 07:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu posted the regedit instructions here.

Thanks that fixed the stupid clock problem, now my sanity shall last a little longer.

@Jron I've been having that problem constantly too the only way to get around it is to reset the sim or delete them.  If you reset them they'll just bug up again.  Two that keep cropping up again in the logs seem to be rub tummy and logic puzzle.  I think they might be animations of little habits but then i'm an idiot so i don't know anything.

All i know is one of my new sims keeps doing this picture frame thing with her index fingers and thumbs, sort of the check how it looks in a frame thing you know?  I don't believe i've ever seen them do that before and if i have it wasn't constantly.  She does it every so often when she's idle.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 02, 08:02:28 by LFox » Logged
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2008 March 02, 08:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason my sims interests keep fluctuating when they do something hobby wise like blog or read a section in the newspaper. It's also pissing me off as I keep having to rebuild the work/money/school and politics interests to make sure the kids get into private school.

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2008 March 02, 09:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another annoyance just struck. Can you examine any of the bugs your sims collect in their bug collection box? My box looks empty even when sims have collected at least half a dozen bugs/butterflies. They also just have the option to view and nothing else.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2008 March 02, 09:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another annoyance just struck. Can you examine any of the bugs your sims collect in their bug collection box? My box looks empty even when sims have collected at least half a dozen bugs/butterflies. They also just have the option to view and nothing else.

When I choose 'view' there is a popup that shows the bugs they've collected - it's a bit like the photo album one from BV.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2008 March 02, 10:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason my sims interests keep fluctuating when they do something hobby wise like blog or read a section in the newspaper. It's also pissing me off as I keep having to rebuild the work/money/school and politics interests to make sure the kids get into private school.

Wait, you're telling me you have to have the right interests to get your kid into private school now? Sure, it's gotten really easy for me now - show him 3 rooms, then whip some sparkly leftovers on 'im, and you're in - but that's just ridiculous.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2008 March 02, 11:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have another entry for the annoyance list:

Those fucking BFFs not only waltz into your sim's house uninvited, they also use the computer autonomously. I mean, WTF? I know that people who used *my* computer without even asking me would have been my friends for the longest time. Great, now all households with a computer need an extra APO secured computer room Angry

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: 2008 March 02, 13:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, the game competition is glitched. I went to the secret lots and it seemed that sims don't want to join it and there is no way to get them to do so. Some sims did sit down at the computers but they stopped after about 5 seconds.
I noticed that. I had my sim start a game competition, but she gave up and and started just regular "play game" instead.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: 2008 March 02, 14:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, the game competition is glitched. I went to the secret lots and it seemed that sims don't want to join it and there is no way to get them to do so. Some sims did sit down at the computers but they stopped after about 5 seconds.
I noticed that. I had my sim start a game competition, but she gave up and and started just regular "play game" instead.

I tried an entire sim day at the game lot.  I was only able to have one contest come to some sort of conclusion.  My sim and the NPC that comes with the secret lot played for a long time, but no one else could join for a long time.  Finally, I "lucked out" and one sim was able to join, but he won the contest after about a second when his game was still on the loading screen.  Roll Eyes

Everyone on the lot had serious ADHD issues when it came to the gaming contest.  The usual problem with the contest was that sims would either try to take a computer that was already occupied, or they would sit down and start a computer, only to never actually start playing and then they would get up again.  Then they would either try another computer with the same result, or they would wander off and do something else.

BTW, I only have current MATY hacks from the Free Time directory, so tight pants are not an issue.

Jade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2008 March 02, 15:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone else have no tooltips in cas for clothing anymore?  Skintones and eyes still have them for me, but not outfits....
Morigale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2008 March 02, 17:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have someone view the bug box and it should have a popup with all the caught bugs in it; they look like stickers, kind of like the vacation experiences thing.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2008 March 02, 18:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No tooltips for clothing in CAS for me.

I cleaned up clothing last night and discovered this as well.

Also, WHY are 'ONE TRUE HOBBIES' changable?

I had a child sim with a OTH of music/dance.  She grew into a teen last night and NOW her OTH is whatever is one ABOVE music/dance - something she has NO enthusiasm points in (but in her former OTH she's got 5 points).

Her half-brother on the other hand had no OTH for several days and then last night gets the same one she's had since I installed FT - music/dance - in spite of the fact that he's spent the better part of several days in the swimming pool.  

I should have checked their dad - he turned into an elder last night and was an arts/crafts OTHer...should have checked to see if that was still his, too, or if it also changed upon his aging.

and bleh to how long it takes to gain even a bronze badge in sewing or pottery - how many potholders can simmies make before the entire neighborhood is burgeoning with them?  Wonder if one could gift them all to one sim and that sim could build 'pot holder house'.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 March 02, 18:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one true hobby isn't determined by what you've done in the past. It's preset. Either random or related to something that hasn't been cracked yet. So that's why the half-brother wasn't interested in fitness. I assume he did something music/dance related, yes?

However, that changing of the one true really doesn't sound like it's supposed to happen. Fun.

So, I'm totally planning on taking the first sim I have who is interested in music and lit and having them mass-produce novels, putting them in huge stacks thanks to my OSMP, and giving them nine or so cats. Then, I can laugh at them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: 2008 March 02, 18:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just discovered that the most expensive dining chair (The Banquet something or other) has managed to lose its menu ... it still behaves as a chair but sims can no longer be made to sit on it. Of all the crazy crap in creation this has to qualify as an "I can't believe that even Maxis managed to fucked this one up."

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2008 March 02, 19:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, you're telling me you have to have the right interests to get your kid into private school now? Sure, it's gotten really easy for me now - show him 3 rooms, then whip some sparkly leftovers on 'im, and you're in - but that's just ridiculous.
No it's for the schmooze points which can net you about 60 points in a headmaster scenario meaning if you do a quick tour that's it

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 March 02, 21:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One True Hobby is supposed to be determined by "personality and interests", according to the L&P guide. So some calculation, I guess. Except my Sim had 2 girls, and both had the same One True Hobby as their mom until I changed with the lot debugger.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2008 March 02, 22:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would make too much sense. Although it does explain why I got the perfect combo of interest/hobby/LTW for a marry-in. She's fortune with a high interest in Sports. Her one hobby is Sports, and her LTW is to top the Athletic career.

Add me to the list of people with messed up memories. Fortune/Popularity sim with a Fortune fiance. They both had the want to get married. She got the normal green positive memory. He got the red negative memory, text and all. Animation string errors are still present (bah) and especially annoying at a 14-guest wedding party.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 March 02, 22:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think something is up with the popularity aspiration, or just aspirations in general. In addition to my Popularity/Fortune getting a red marriage memory, my two Family/Popularity sims in aspiration failure was interacting with the mop, which is the ROMANCE aspiration failure interaction.
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: 2008 March 02, 22:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a couple of X/Knowledge sims who mope over no families -- and neither of their first aspiration is Family. I have a Family/Romance sim but he still gets a flour sack baby.

I just checked one of my sim's memories, and he's BFFs with his grandparents... except they died long before I even installed FT. His twin sister doesn't have the BFF memory for them though she was just regular Best Friends with them before they died. The BFF memories of the grandparents are in between other family members who are still alive.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 March 02, 22:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. The 'good/bad' marriage memories are borked.

Also, does anyone else have problems with Sims returning home from work (via walking) randomly? They get the 'so-and-so has missed work today' message, but their work performance bars don't actually drop. And they don't get paid either.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 March 03, 04:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked one of my sim's memories, and he's BFFs with his grandparents... except they died long before I even installed FT. His twin sister doesn't have the BFF memory for them though she was just regular Best Friends with them before they died. The BFF memories of the grandparents are in between other family members who are still alive.

The BFF thing is definitely borked. I had one of my sims randomly gain 6 BFFs, all while she was sleeping. There was no interaction whatsoever taking place. Two of my sims (twins) also randomly became BFFs with each other while they slept. Damn EAxis.  Angry

I sing along with elevator music.
reese
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 March 03, 04:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed FT tonight and made a new male sim, Edward. Edward went to his journalism job and brought home a friend (I'd picked the aspiration power-up that makes Popularity sims bring home friends more often), and the friend was the teenage paperboy. I didn't really think much of it, for some reason (rum), and made the grand mistake of saving. Every time Edward would come home from work this paperboy would come too, so I decided to smite the boy, mostly because it was a creepy situation.

Now every time Edward comes home I am treated to the message saying he brought the paperboy home, and then the message that the paperboy has died on another lot and will return to the place of his death.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? Or is my dear Edward doomed to bring home a dead paperboy for the rest of his working life?
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2008 March 03, 04:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm noticing a lot of these bugs were pre-existing bugs in the game (jumping out of the pool, stuck at work, etc), or related to either  removing some hacks to try out the new EP (too many messages about relationship decay), or with hacks that have not yet been updated. Please, people--the inteenimator breaks EVERY TIME. Before you post a bug in this thread, please do a search so we know if it is really a bug from BV. FREE TIME.

ETA: oops.  Tongue
« Last Edit: 2008 March 03, 22:51:55 by Ellatrue » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: