More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 07:36:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 336868 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #150 on: 2008 March 01, 07:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No more animation errors on the biz lot, played for about six hours. Did get a third Best of the Best. Someone kept whistling, too, and I couldn't figure out who. Is that an autonomous music action?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 March 01, 07:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No more animation errors on the biz lot, played for about six hours. Did get a third Best of the Best. Someone kept whistling, too, and I couldn't figure out who. Is that an autonomous music action?

Yeah, I think so, I had a sim doing that earlier.  They seem to have new idling animations for the hobbies - my science sim was playing with a puzzle thing, and the fitness ones were doing leg stretches. 
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 March 01, 08:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, music Sims hum, whistle, and drum on their legs.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 March 01, 08:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but chatspeak? Hell no.

Worse, it's not chatspeak. It's 12-speak. I remember being BFFs with people when i was 6-12, it went along with those necklaces that said "Be Fri" and "St Ends"

INFP or something
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 March 01, 08:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but chatspeak? Hell no.

Worse, it's not chatspeak. It's 12-speak. I remember being BFFs with people when i was 6-12, it went along with those necklaces that said "Be Fri" and "St Ends"

I have the front half of one of those necklaces in the bottom of my jewelry box. My friend Dawn and I got it together when we were 12- Srsly, It was 6th grade. I haven't seen or spoken to her since my wedding, almost 7 years ago.

The term is 12, but I do appreciate the benefits of it. It always irks me to have friendships erode as quickly as they do in TS2. A little less maintenance required is good, I think.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Tragic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 March 01, 08:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found a few bugs that are annoying the hell out of me.

- I can't invite sims over anymore. All I get under the Call/Sim menu is Invite as Houseguest and Just talk, The Invite sim and Invite Household are gone.
- If I direct sim A to use the Call/Ask out on Date menu and if the sim A has a crush on Sim B, Sim B won't show up in the address book but everyone else sim A knows does.
- If I shift-click on a telescope and select Get Abducted, the sim walks to the telescope, leans in, then drops the action.

When I found these, I was hack/mod/cc free Sad.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 March 01, 08:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* AmberDiceless contemplates whether it would be possible/advisable to change BFF to something less hurl-worthy.
I changed it already: it has become a 12-and-under phenomenon, so now at least 12s have a purpose in the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 March 01, 09:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tragic, you were hack free when you found them, but were you cc/hack free when you installed?

- Kurt Vonnegut
Tragic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 March 01, 09:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I always make sure I do a clean install so I can figure out what EAxis borked, then add hacks to see which hacks are borked.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 March 01, 11:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing the Aspir house in Desiderata hood. When the Grandfather went to teach his granddaughter a nursery rhyme, they became BFF - and so did every other sim on the same relationship row as his granddaughter. Grandad now has 6 BFF.

Actually, that happened to me as well and I didn't do the nursery rhyme thing for 6 sim days. I'd been using max motives in an effort to see all the hobby options sooner.

None of the sims that became BFF with Grandad were anything more than ordinary normal friends. The rels weren't even that high, around 62, was one I remember and that wasn't even the long term figure, just the short term. It just hit the same row of  sims in the relationship panel. That's what caused me to think it was a bug.

BFF is on a timed clock cycle that runs independently of rel gains from interactions. It is also extremely 12 and makes me physically ill, so I have killed it a bit.

* AmberDiceless contemplates whether it would be possible/advisable to change BFF to something less hurl-worthy.
I changed it already: it has become a 12-and-under phenomenon, so now at least 12s have a purpose in the game.

Excellent! My sincere grownup thanks. Do the 12s keep these BFF for ever, or does the whole phenomenon stop at 12?

Started playing my real sims again and lucked out a lot on finding the true hobbies of the two children in house.

I found a new panel that opens up off one of the tabs, the 'one true hobby' is the highlighted hobby, I figured. I can't remember, was it off the tab where you go for memories? There is now a new option halfway down to see hobbies and how many points have been gained in each.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 01, 11:36:12 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 March 01, 11:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent! My sincere grownup thanks. Do the 12s keep these BFF for ever, or does the whole phenomenon stop at 12?
They keep them, as a little perk. It's mostly a useless perk, but eh.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 March 01, 12:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I change the One True Hobby with the debugger, it doesn't highlight the sim choice on the hobby panel anymore.

ETA: It does after 2-3 clicks on Sort to Family Display End

ETA2: No it doesn't, d'oh, it was just cycling through to the next family member. It worked OK for the toddler but not for the adult male in the Aspir house. He still doesn't have a highlighted OTH.

ETA3: S'alright, I get it now. It won't light up until they have at least one skill point in the hobby. Which is what Zazazu meant when she said she had to hunt to find their hobbies. I geddit!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2008 March 01, 12:39:25 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 March 01, 13:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't even really begun to play the game yet, so I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I believe there's something wonky with Veronaville.   It won't load.  All the other neighborhoods load easily (relatively speaking), even my custom ones.   It was a clean install, too.  I rarely play Veronaville, so not really too much of a loss, but I want the terrain on which to build a specific house.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
quasim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 March 01, 14:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to let my Nature - inspired Sims do bug-collecting (although one has 9 points of Nature interest). Does any non-awesome hack prevent this? (I've got Insim, the Maids by Christianlov, and the mods wich are not in the incompatibility list of TwoJeffs).

Or am I trying in the wrong season? it's springtime in my 'hood.

I found the LTW of becoming the uber-ballerina missing (or at least not accessible with the FFS Lot Debugger), the only new LTW I could get was "Hand of Poseidon" and the top of the new entertainment career.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 March 01, 14:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to let my Nature - inspired Sims do bug-collecting (although one has 9 points of Nature interest). Does any non-awesome hack prevent this? (I've got Insim, the Maids by Christianlov, and the mods wich are not in the incompatibility list of TwoJeffs).

Get rid of all pre-FT hacks unless they're confirmed as FT compatible. InSim definitively is NOT. I don't think bug hunting is dependent on the season - and if it is, you should at least be able to hunt bugs during all seasons except winter. I know my sims are.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008 March 01, 15:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get rid of all pre-FT hacks unless they're confirmed as FT compatible. InSim definitively is NOT. I don't think bug hunting is dependent on the season - and if it is, you should at least be able to hunt bugs during all seasons except winter. I know my sims are.
Seconded, just because hacks are not in TJ's list, does not mean that they are fine. It just means someone hasn't reported a problem yet. Someone on Lj reported that the college adjuster isn't working, it is not on that list ...although, in all honestly, I can't tell you what else they may have had causing problems.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 March 01, 15:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided that my saved gamed was well on it's way to that big fireball in the sky, so I un-installed/reinstalled Free Time and decided to start new. I'm back to only Pescado mods and no cc.  No empty animation names plus my sims can go to community lots again.  I am wondering how long it will take me to get back to a GB of cc.
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: 2008 March 01, 15:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Insim does that, at least the DEST edition does for me. I mentioned it here.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 March 01, 18:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on Lj reported that the college adjuster isn't working, it is not on that list ...although, in all honestly, I can't tell you what else they may have had causing problems.

I have been using the college adjuster just fine since FT installation - I literally have it on all lots, so maybe it was conflicting in some new way with something else that player had installed?

I don't use Insim or any of those type mods and I don't run TwoJeffs' ACR mod, either - most of my hacks have to do with stopping what I consider to be truly annoying behavior - no buskers, no kickybag, no what's this, etc.  Most are from here.  I was also running (prior to FT installation) TwoJeffs' higher abduction odds, nobabytoddlerswarming, and the schoolbus bring a friend dialog - those are (or were, haven't checked to see if updated today) on his list of not compatible with FT so they got pulled from my downloads/hacks folder.  I did leave in a handful of 'don't do this annoying behavior' hacks from someone at MTS2 and Marhis' faster tip pickup jar hack (also from MTS2).  So far, none of these seem to be causing major havoc in my game, but this could be because they mostly just affect a single sim behavior - (I'm guessing here - I don't write code - I leave that to more talented people).

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2008 March 01, 19:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am wondering how long it will take me to get back to a GB of cc.

Remember the "Just Say No" campaigne  Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 March 01, 19:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the option not showing up, or is the Sim just dropping the Hunt for Bug action? My Sims are hunting for bugs fine, well, except for the high odds of being chased by bees.  Tongue

- Kurt Vonnegut
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 March 01, 19:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find this very annoying, I hate whistling.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008 March 01, 19:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find this very annoying, I hate whistling.

I didn't even notice my sim was whistling until my mom walked into the room and asked who was whistling. She absolutely hates whistling and changes the channel if a commercial comes on that has whistling in it. Sometimes I whistle just to annoy her. lol
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 March 01, 20:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Started playing my real sims again and lucked out a lot on finding the true hobbies of the two children in house.

I found a new panel that opens up off one of the tabs, the 'one true hobby' is the highlighted hobby, I figured. I can't remember, was it off the tab where you go for memories? There is now a new option halfway down to see hobbies and how many points have been gained in each.
The one true doesn't highlight for playables until you have them do an action related to it. Alternatively, you can cheat a bit and go to change it on the debugger. The one true will be grayed out.

The stretching for dancing I've seen, yes. One of the cashiers I have was stretching and punching at the cash register and I peeked at her. High fitness and dance.
Someone on Lj reported that the college adjuster isn't working, it is not on that list ...although, in all honestly, I can't tell you what else they may have had causing problems.
It's working for me. My one playable who had currently been in college was having graphical display issues with the college progress bar (without most of my hacks in and without the college adjuster). I'm a few sim days away from putting another sim through college. At least...I'd planned on it. You see, Celestina had the LTW to graduate 2 kids through college, so I was planning on putting her two through. One was in college when I installed FreeTime. Now, somehow, Celestina is permaplat with a new LTW of being a professional party guest. Grr.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 01, 20:12:44 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2008 March 01, 20:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just the new hobbies that are taking forever to build badges. I had a Uni student doing flower arranging for days and nothing.. I used moniques computer to study badges and as soon as he sat down he got his bronze badge for flower arranging. The points were there but the badge wasn't coming, weird.
My sims also get 2 spams (the same one) about finding a new planet or something and a $500 reward when they go to use the telescope, and then they jump from it every time they try to use it on their own after that. But I do have telescope related hacks in there so I'll be taking them out. (I'm lazy)

Not to be insulting or anything to anyone, just a possible suggestion for the problem of only doing one craft when instructed to "make many"... are you returning to the crafting table or starting fresh? When returning and selecting resume, they still will only finish one and stop. Not implying anyone is an idiot, but perhaps just overlooked that.

I saw someone else suggest the seasons as well for the bugs, but might it be for the birds too? I've not seen any, but all my sims are currently in winter accept for my uni students (always in fall) and I haven't seen any there either, though I haven't really looked, just haven't noticed any.

All in all, surprsingly bug free so far. Haven't noticed too much at all yet.

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: