More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 17:04:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 336677 times)
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #75 on: 2008 February 28, 19:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes.

Back on topic.

More doom and gloom for me...as I've yet to acquire Free Time.

As much as I would LOVE to run right up to Target (two blocks from house) and purchase it and run home and install it because I want all my simmies to be sewing simmies... well, the queue dropping and ADHD thing are scering me. I get frustrated pretty easy with sims who don't do what I tell them to do...

So enough discussion of POT HOLDERS, okay?

Scare me some more.  What else is wrong with this stupid EP?

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 February 28, 20:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed all my hacks before playing, so none of the problems I've had are because of hacks. I even removed the CS objects and the CoreFunctions just in case. The problem with "make many" only making one doesn't always happen. It seems to be pretty random. But it's not stopping because of money because they have over $300,000 in the bank.

I also haven't seen any birds, so my guess is that those screenshots that showed the birds were just staged.

And with the badge earning thing, it was Fall when I was working towards the badges, so I'd say there's definately something wrong there.

I'd say the constant phone ringing and people coming by and ringing the doorbell constantly at all hours of the day has to be a bug. Normally, no one comes by or calls once it's nighttime.

Another thing I've noticed is that the wolves seem to be showing up a lot more often than normal. And they keep digging up the yard, but if I have a sim try to chase them off, the dog doesn't leave like normal. They just stay there as if my sim never did anything.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 28, 20:10:39 by ShortyBoo » Logged
raiu
Asinine Airhead

Her? ESFP. Me? INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 February 28, 20:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature but my chef sim couldn't cook.  Huh When any one else in the family selected the fridge they had all the normal interactions but she only had "juggle" and "check food level" available. When I had her quit her job nothing changed but when I then gave her a job as a video editor (slacker) she was able to cook again. (I don't know if this affects all chefs, just L9/L10, or just her...she was my only chef. I'll see about testing that tomorrow if no one else is seeing this)

fabricnut
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 February 28, 20:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my sims had  snapdragons on either side of the bed on the floor.  After install they couldn't go to bed. I had to put them on endtables then they could get in.  My female sim sat and sewed for hours. My male sim would sew about a sim hour then quit.

nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 February 28, 20:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I'm just lucky, but I haven't seen much of the reported clitches so far. No chairs in use, no queue stompage, no ADHD, and "make many" works just fine. Also, my sims get their normal salary, though I've had several chance cards (in different households). I have the FT DC and a bunch of either "approved" or "needs approval" hacks, but no hacks that are flagged as "needs update".

The badge earning really takes ridiculously long - it reminds me of the cash register issue before J.M. fixed it. Also, there seem to be some minor graphics issues with the (EAxis) beds - I had one with fucked-up texture mapping and one showing the wrong state (looking messy although it was made). As for the constant phone ringing - setting the ringer to "off" is a good counteraction.

While we're on the subject of actions being dropped, I've noticed that my sims simply cannot tinker with anything for more than a few seconds, even if I haven't tried to assign anything else. Has anyone else noticed this? It kind of seems to ruin the point of tinkering if they only do it for about two seconds.  Undecided

I wish I had - I wanted to see if tinkering was my sim's true hobby (it wasn't), but he tinkered with the trash compactor long enough to get electrocuted Tongue. But yes, sims seem to drop their "hobby" activities as soon as their fun meter is full, if these activities aren't connected with other, say, benefits like skill or badge gaining.

my sims had  snapdragons on either side of the bed on the floor.  After install they couldn't go to bed. I had to put them on endtables then they could get in. 

Wasn't that already the case pre-FT? I haven't tried with snapdragons, but my sims definitively couldn't get into the beds when I placed coffee tables instead of endtables.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

fabricnut
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 February 28, 21:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about coffee tables.  I've always put them right on the floor next to the beds.

nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 2008 February 28, 21:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about coffee tables.  I've always put them right on the floor next to the beds.

That used to block the beds for me (might still, I always use endtables now or, more often, don't bother with snapdragons), and I tried it with some of the first snapdragons I made back when OFB came out.  If that's a bug, it isn't new.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 February 28, 21:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While we're on the subject of actions being dropped, I've noticed that my sims simply cannot tinker with anything for more than a few seconds, even if I haven't tried to assign anything else. Has anyone else noticed this? It kind of seems to ruin the point of tinkering if they only do it for about two seconds.  Undecided

I wish I had - I wanted to see if tinkering was my sim's true hobby (it wasn't), but he tinkered with the trash compactor long enough to get electrocuted Tongue. But yes, sims seem to drop their "hobby" activities as soon as their fun meter is full, if these activities aren't connected with other, say, benefits like skill or badge gaining.

Ah, now I see, thank you. Smiley I didn't even think to look to see whether or not his fun meter was full. *sigh*

I sing along with elevator music.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 February 29, 01:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep getting empty animation string errors. They are driving me CRAZY! I clicked on the Gypsy Match Maker, and an error popped up. Even when I just move my curser over something, it spawns an error, (every few moments) then I click on a regular townie, and all I get are errors! Socializing is something I rarely do, other then typing on the computer, but when my Sims socialize, I expect them to be able to talk without having to be reset! I REFUSE to turn boolprop off! There has to be some other option....Here is the error log, I am sorry that it is so long, but I don't know how to make it into a neat download.
Thanks for putting up with my fruit-loop-ish-ness.  Undecided

Build: 1.13.0.135
at Jan 11 2008,05:48:25

Object id: 164
name: N006_User00416 - Russet
Stack size: 6
Error: Missing Action String in table.
Iterations: 1
  Frame 5:
    Stack Object id: 500
    Stack Object name: JobData - Teen Elder - Music
    Node: 142
    Tree: id 8790 name 'Social - Influence Sim TEST' version -32731
    from PersonGlobals
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 24    Locals: 500 2 311 0
  Frame 4:
    Stack Object id: 0
    Node: 0
    Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
    from
    Prim state: 1
    Params:    Locals:
  Frame 3:
    Stack Object id: 164
    Stack Object name: N006_User00416 - Russet
    Node: 2
    Tree: id 281 name 'Wait For Notify' version 8
    from global
    Params: 7 0    Locals:
  Frame 2:
    Node: 7
    Tree: id 8283 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version 96
    from PersonGlobals
    Params: 4 20 1    Locals: 0
  Frame 1:
    Node: 6
    Tree: id 8193 name 'Function - Main' version 115
    from PersonGlobals
    Params:    Locals: 5 20 0
  Frame 0:
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
    from TemplatePerson
    Params:    Locals:

EDIT: I have no idea what I did, but I fixed the Social problem. I am still getting empty sting animations though. It is strange; it's only picking on one Sim, a female named Russet, the one who is mentioned in the error log above this. Whenever she is idle, an error pops up and I am forced to reset her.

On another issue that I am SURE is a Glitch, The "Zone'' thing, and the "I am at the top of this hobby!'' or whatever the heck it is, memory, is Not Working for the Sports hobby. I get an error every time my Sim is near maxing it, on any sports object.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 29, 06:38:35 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 February 29, 01:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhhh. I have a little girl singing nursery rhymes. It keeps saying that she's gained body skill from working out. Er, what? Maybe it's talking about something about music? It has a little musical something over her head after she sings...

Sonova-

Okay, I'm also getting a LOT of "First BFF" spam on the Aspy granddad. A really lot. Seven BFFs and everyone seems to think it's the first.

These people will not quit stopping by. and ringing the damned doorbell. These are people who he apparently knew previously, but only when they stop by to incessantly ring the doorbell do they turn into BFFs.

...while I'm at it, MY GOD, there are too many bees! What love affair do they have with bees!? This needs a De-Beeificator or something.

Plus... um, does tinkering do anything other than make a Sim do something for days/hours and possibly get them electrocuted five times in ten minutes?
« Last Edit: 2008 February 29, 01:58:26 by MidnightVoyager » Logged
bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 February 29, 02:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I let my tester collect bugs for about 10 sim minutes and the bees were after her.  I did notice there were more people walking past on the sidewalk also.

I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 February 29, 02:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...while I'm at it, MY GOD, there are too many bees! What love affair do they have with bees!? This needs a De-Beeificator or something.
Because Uglybutt chased by bees is hilarious? At least it's not pee again.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
raptureswild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 February 29, 03:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still not getting talent badges.  All JM's mods seem to be okay, it's when I put my twojeffs & maxis downloads in there that it seems to get FUBARed.

/cry

I hate new EP's until JM fixes the clusterfuck that is this damn game I'm inexplicably addicted to.
While I'm at it, JM, you are awesome.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 February 29, 03:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using a TJ mod that hasn't been cleared for FreeTime. It would follow that if things are fine with MATY hacks and it's when you put in TJ's that you have problems, that it's one of TJ's that has issues. He had several that still need updating.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
raptureswild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 February 29, 03:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have taken all the Twojeffs mods out of my downloads folder.  Last night I took all mods out of my downloads folder, got a badge, put in MATY folder, got a badge.  Tonight I started playing with Maxis & MATY folders, no badge, took out Maxis so I have MATY only, no badge now.

Here is my frustrated face:  Huh

EDIT: Getting talent badges from sewing machine & wheel, but it's taking longer than getting a damn gold badge with the regular stations.  Thanks, EAxis.  Awesome.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 29, 04:22:14 by raptureswild » Logged
kaydee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 February 29, 04:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something I have noticed is that once my gamer Sim got pregnant, she would no longer go on the computer to write in her blog or play her games.  She would give me the "CAN'T YOU SEE I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT?" dialogue.  All her motives were in the green, too.  She would sit and read her magazine or play video games on the console just fine but she absolutely would not get on the computer.  Someone else on my LJ community mentioned she noticed the same thing.
raptureswild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 February 29, 04:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, I'm on a roll... I noticed that even when really happy - platinum mood, high motives - my sims don't play the violin very long.  Also, I'm not getting a sound when they play.  I will report this on the maxis boards too.

EDIT: playing for a few minutes doesn't occur every time.  And I'm hearing the sound, but it is very quiet - not as loud as the piano, I think.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 29, 05:15:44 by raptureswild » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 February 29, 04:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone else on my LJ community mentioned she noticed the same thing.
That would have been me.  Tongue
I am about to go back in that household and fool with her motives a little more to see if it's a certain motive that is the issue, maybe them being the slightest bit low. I used max motives, with her motives maxed as far as they would go, she had no problem with the computer anymore and then stayed on for another few sim hours.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 February 29, 04:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Receiving empty wants again.  Horrid.  They are:

unnamed wantable object category 10102 (+500)
unnamed wantable object category 10104 (+1000)
unnamed wantable object category 10103 (+1500)

I haven't yet figured out what they are.

Also, the "permaplat issue":  Some people are having problems with asp reward objects not working for permaplat sims.  I did, and have since reinstalled, and the problem magically went away.  No clue what caused it.
CynicalChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 February 29, 04:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone!

I think I've found something really annoying:
Everytime my sims are off to work they suddenly appear on the lot again after some time but still within the time they should be working.
When they should return from work the message "You weren't at work blah blah" pops up - plus: I don't get any money.
And also I get some wierd anim-string error message

Same thing for me, minus the error message... they just reappear on the lot around 7pm-ish. No carpool, no nothing. Clean install, pre-made sims in the new 'hood, no downloads at all.
The queue droppage is pretty bad too.
And every time they're not doing something, it's off to toss the ball around or read a book... they'll stop halfway to the bathroom and go get a book. [Insert your own "reading room" jokes here]

Edit: The job thing seems to be limited to the new neighborhood only... so it's about to have a little annihilation.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 29, 05:31:04 by CynicalChick » Logged
kaydee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 February 29, 04:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of these I figured out purely by accident - it ended up being the Ant Farm.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 February 29, 04:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, I'm on a roll... I noticed that even when really happy - platinum mood, high motives - my sims don't play the violin very long.  Also, I'm not getting a sound when they play.  I will report this on the maxis boards too.

I believe they stop playing when their fun maxes out.

I have heard sound from the violin.   I have always found the sound on instruments to be fussy about game speed - if i speed up or slow down the game once they start playing I do not hear the sound for the entirety of that time of playing.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 February 29, 04:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of these I figured out purely by accident - it ended up being the Ant Farm.

Train set is one and restorable car is the other I think. I'm doing a binary search right now trying to find the culprit.

ETA: Do you have uni_ltws_sns? That's causing the wonky wants for me. I posted in the Oops! section as well.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 29, 05:43:25 by gynarchy » Logged

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 February 29, 05:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bug? Annoyance?

Tina was stacking potty-training the twins when Nawwaf, the live-in, was shooting hoops. In between flushing some piss and picking up the next spawn to potty-train, she dropped queue (yeah, nothing new) and decided to join Nawwaf. I immediately caught it and cancelled the action, but it wouldn't cancel until she'd walked out of the house, around the add-on, and back to the backyard. Meanwhile, I nearly had a stinky diaper situation.

I'm having ADHD with studying skills from the bookcase, too. Normal bookcases. It's temperamental and is occurring with sims in good moods. Pick up book, sit down, stand back up, put book away. Sometimes I get them to study after the second or third try.

Per this thread, have people who have had trouble with the violin not being reachable tried using the stuck object remover?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 February 29, 05:49:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi, i dont now if someone say it before ( i see all post an i dont see any reference) the jump bug with the hot chocolate for child is back ( i think with juice well ), i dont tryed the fix for bv because the hackdiff say may be need update.

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: