More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 04:40:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 337113 times)
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #325 on: 2008 March 05, 20:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I was just testing that out. The only time he fails is when Pleasure is his secondary aspiration. I tried all the other perks and other secondary aspirations and he was fine.

I just loaded up my backup hood again and gave the elder popularity sim a secondary aspiration - he's failing on the energiser with Pleasure Seeker as secondary on the first attempt.  When I tried him a just before with a grilled cheese as secondary he was fine. 

UPDATED:

It's only failing with Pleasure Seeker as secondary aspiration so far, I have changed his primary aspiration to Pleasure Seeker and he's able to use them again.

I think this is the right time for you guys to disclose which secondary aspirations your chose for your permaplat asp reward failing sims Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 March 05, 20:38:21 by miramis » Logged
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2008 March 05, 20:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mm.. I can't remember mine. I could have sworn the one that WAS working was a Fortune/Pleasure, but had no benefits from the Secondary Aspiration selected.

Will check when I get home.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2008 March 05, 20:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Grilled Cheese Sim is the only one for whom I chose a secondary aspiration. He was not perma-plat when I installed FT but mistakenly became so at some point when I wasn't paying attention to him. He has not yet fulfilled his LTW of eating 200 sammiches. The other Sims in the household all have the Fortune and motive LTA perks but have no issues with using aspiration rewards.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
SimGeekChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2008 March 05, 21:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haven't seen this one yet...  My elder knowledge bigfoot, who finished his lifetime want pre FT, and selected a grilled cheese "secondary" (HA! more like completely overwrote his aspiration) died and left a platinum grave... a platinum ROMANCE grave.
How mighty peculiar.

Yea. Well after some testing it seems it's not any of my hacks. If I give him a secondary aspiration he always leaves a romance grave. No secondary leave a correct knowledge grave. How irritating.  Angry

edit: I've found one other person reporting the same problem on the BBS
« Last Edit: 2008 March 05, 21:31:08 by SimGeekChick » Logged
Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2008 March 05, 21:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is the right time for you guys to disclose which secondary aspirations your chose for your permaplat asp reward failing sims Wink

My teen sim that couldn't use the thinking cap (reported here) is a knowledge sim with the secondary aspiration of pleasure.  He is not actually permaplat; but every time he gets into the gold or platinum mood the aspiration rewards still backfire on him.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2008 March 05, 21:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until a fix is out you'll have to either avoid the aspiration rewards with the the sims that have Pleasure Seeker as secondary, or change their secondary to another one for the time being. 

Yea. Well after some testing it seems it's not any of my hacks. If I give him a secondary aspiration he always leaves a romance grave. No secondary leave a correct knowledge grave. How irritating.  Angry

Poor Sanjay Ramaswami is being put through his paces tonight (he's the elder permaplat I've been using to try and reproduce a couple of things). 
Changed his aspiration to Knowledge, gave no secondary and he died of old age leaving a Knowledge urnstone. 
Rezzed him and gave him a secondary aspiration of grilled cheese - he died of old age leaving a Romance plat urnstone. 
Rezzed him - changed Primary Asp to Family, Secondary to Knowledge - he died of old age and left a fortune plat urnstone (WTF?!)
Rezzed him - Kept primary as Family - changed Secondary to Popularity - he left a Romance plat urnstone.  This is seriously screwed. 

I'm going to have to switch to the other folder with JMs FT mods in and retest this. 
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2008 March 05, 21:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haven't seen this one yet...  My elder knowledge bigfoot, who finished his lifetime want pre FT, and selected a grilled cheese "secondary" (HA! more like completely overwrote his aspiration) died and left a platinum grave... a platinum ROMANCE grave.
How mighty peculiar.

YAY! I WIN! The primary aspirations are borked now!

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2008 March 05, 22:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you want to bet they didn't playtest with NL installed?

INFP or something
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2008 March 05, 22:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're giving them far too much credit. They didn't playtest at all, much less with any expansions installed.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2008 March 05, 22:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until a fix is out you'll have to either avoid the aspiration rewards with the the sims that have Pleasure Seeker as secondary, or change their secondary to another one for the time being. 

Poor Sanjay Ramaswami is being put through his paces tonight (he's the elder permaplat I've been using to try and reproduce a couple of things). 
Changed his aspiration to Knowledge, gave no secondary and he died of old age leaving a Knowledge urnstone. 
Rezzed him and gave him a secondary aspiration of grilled cheese - he died of old age leaving a Romance plat urnstone. 
Rezzed him - changed Primary Asp to Family, Secondary to Knowledge - he died of old age and left a fortune plat urnstone (WTF?!)
Rezzed him - Kept primary as Family - changed Secondary to Popularity - he left a Romance plat urnstone.  This is seriously screwed. 

I'm going to have to switch to the other folder with JMs FT mods in and retest this. 

Yup, this fits in with all the wrong memories and asp. fail actions... They've really fucked up this time.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2008 March 05, 22:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Primary Knowledge + Secondary Romance = Knowledge urnstone
           Fortune + Popularity = Romance urnstone

I'm not going to bother doing any more since it's obviously completely broken.  This was on the TS2 folder generated yesterday after FT install, with only Awesome approved mods installed and default replacements (eyes, skin, face templates).

Ea thinks testing means making sure the disc spins in the drive. 
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2008 March 06, 03:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had the stuck-on-the bus issue. It stopped in front of the mailbox, so they couldn't get out. The bus did not teleport off the lot at 14:00. Then the carpool came for one of the two teens stuck on the bus. Finally, at 14:47, I used moveobjects to move the mailbox over one tile. They got off, and all was well.
Wonder if this is going to be a consistent issue. Maybe the car portal is funky?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2008 March 06, 05:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone gotten a membership card to the Nature lot? My sim is at level 4. She's in college at the moment and no call, no stalker, no card. This is obstructing her path to becoming a trustfund hippy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2008 March 06, 05:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, my Servo got one while I was playing yesterday. He got it when he reached level 5 enthusiasm.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2008 March 06, 06:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims went for a walk or a jog, whatever have you, and received an invite. That was the Aspir family, with the baby\toddler that I am unable to fix, so I abandoned that house and haven't been to the secret lot yet.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2008 March 06, 06:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone gotten a membership card to the Nature lot? My sim is at level 4. She's in college at the moment and no call, no stalker, no card. This is obstructing her path to becoming a trustfund hippy.

I've noticed that membership is at level 5.

That being said, one of my sims married a hobby instructor (which may possibly be a VBT, but this isn't one of my "real" hoods so I'm not too concerned).  Her one true hobby was for a different hobby, not the one she'd been instructor for.  She maxed out the new hobby, got the message about the plaque and THEN got the message about the membership card.  Her memories show that she got the plaque before membership.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2008 March 06, 07:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get them early from chance cards, but you're not supposed to get membership cards until level 5.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2008 March 06, 10:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get them early from chance cards, but you're not supposed to get membership cards until level 5.
I had a sim get a membership card from chance card when he found a rare (six-legged) bug. Too bad he'd just reached level 5 and thus *was* already a member Roll Eyes.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2008 March 06, 10:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't most bugs six-legged?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2008 March 06, 12:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Aspyr family went to the nature lot and most of them got chased by BEES.

Besides the actions dropping from queues, my other main complaint is plummeting energy levels. Every sim needs to take a nap or they do not make it through the day.

More F than you
draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2008 March 06, 12:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides the actions dropping from queues, my other main complaint is plummeting energy levels. Every sim needs to take a nap or they do not make it through the day.

Same here!
Medium energy + 1 hour playing football/basketball or hicking = energy bar in the red

It's impossible to play a sim with sports as hobby because they always need to sleep. Quite annoying!
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2008 March 06, 12:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a thought about the needs thing.  Supposedly needs decay slower or faster based on how the "week" has been, cumulative with previous weeks.  So if a sim finishes a week with it's bar in the green, or worse, the red, then their needs drop faster the next week and weeks, cumulatively with other "week" bonuses or hindrances.  If they finish the "week" with gold or platinum, their needs drop the same or slower.  I have no EVIDENCE, aside from EAxian and Prima Guide claims, but could this be what you are seeing in action?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2008 March 06, 12:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's much more minor than what you're seeing here, if it truly exists (this part is unclear: There is stuff in the code which indicates that something like this may have exusted, but it is unclear how it works). What YOU'RE seeing is that EAxians, who are all fat, overweight dorks, believe that performing any physical activity will make you SLEEPY, so made practically all of the new physical activities ENERGY DRAINING. Thus, engaging in any such activities quickly drains a sim of all energy within a few hours. Because I'm sure all of us have felt really sleepy after running from a hungry tiger. In any case, if you do not allow sims to engage in these activities, their energy tanks run as long as they did before.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2008 March 06, 12:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could be onto something there, Mitchie.  Could explain why I haven't noticed this effect much, as I tend to keep my sims in green or higher asp.

What I have noticed is that the new items (such as the exercise bike, basketball court, soccer) tend to drain energy much, much faster than the other ways to train body.

Draranha, to train sport you can use the business career reward (mini-golf) or the athletic career reward (punching bag).  Much better for your sims' energy than the new items that train sport.  Alternatively, if your sims don't have these career rewards on the lot, sit them at a computer when they get to level 4 fitness, have them browse the net until they can blog, and then start blogging - use macro/concentrate to make them stick at it.

FAKE EDIT: Pes posted while I was writing this.  Meh, I've written it now, so I'm posting it.

SECOND EDIT (real one this time): A question.  Bowling - can someone tell me what hobby it is?  Is it games, sports or fitness?
« Last Edit: 2008 March 06, 12:56:18 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2008 March 06, 13:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the guide, bowling is a game hobby object.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: