More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:47:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 337583 times)
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #125 on: 2008 February 29, 23:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested out my pregnant woman, whining about not wanting be browse the web for her craft more, and it does have something to do with her fun motive. If her fun is maxed, she refuses, she will continue to browse if her fun becomes maxed while on the computer. If her motives are a little under max and her fun not low enough she will complain of being in a bad mood.
My test sim (not pregnant) wouldn't do any hobby actions when I told her if her fun was maxed. Instead she'd take out the trash or clean the shower.  Roll Eyes

I have a few sims that are into a nature that are rather fond of harassing skunks.  I've never before seen a sim interact with a skunk on their own freewill. 
If that happens, I may consider it a feature. I've known many people to be on the wrong end of a irritated animal that they tried to make "friends" with, I fall into this category, I have the scars to prove it.
I don't think it's new, I've had sims do it before.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 February 29, 23:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a few sims that are into a nature that are rather fond of harassing skunks.  I've never before seen a sim interact with a skunk on their own freewill. 
If that happens, I may consider it a feature. I've known many people to be on the wrong end of a irritated animal that they tried to make "friends" with, I fall into this category, I have the scars to prove it.
I don't think it's new, I've had sims do it before.

I just mean that if it's more common for nature sims to do it, it should be a feature. Most of my sims, always gave it a wide birth, unless I've told them otherwise.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 01, 00:18:43 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2008 February 29, 23:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No birds can't catch bugs, or butterflies.
Do you have Insim? Blocking those options is the only thing I've noticed it doing so far.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008 March 01, 00:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been following this thread with interest and am wondering if there is any redeeming quality in EP7.  Aside from the bugs, EAxis appears to have tripled the irritation factor.  It sure doesn't sound very appealing.

Any load time and lag issues?
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2008 March 01, 00:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FT loads fairly quickly for me.  None of those BV 20-min loads have been reported, to my knowledge, and I have great load times.
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2008 March 01, 00:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No birds can't catch bugs, or butterflies.
Do you have Insim? Blocking those options is the only thing I've noticed it doing so far.

Yes, I do have Insim, the object edition.
If you take it out, those options reappear.  Wink

Loading times seem a little quicker to me, and I don't have any of the lag issues I'd had with BV. In BV I had to turn shadows off to be able to play any lots, because it'd just stutter, but now I've turned shadows back on and I can play just fine.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2008 March 01, 00:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That jumping out of the pool thing is a pre-ex.isting problem in the game, and not FT related. Sometimes it happens.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2008 March 01, 00:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite a bug, but an annoyance.
Pop up dialogues from people who are neither on the lot nor on the phone need to be squashed. Are they supposed to be psychic signals or what?
"oh hai, I haven't seen you in a long time and just wanted to say hi!" Well, where the hell are you, and how are you doing it?

Has anyone noticed these little pop ups coming up for sims who have not been doing the hobby in question? I left my gramps fixing the car and a nature card came up. It could be that I'm not being a good enough dictator and he did something on his own after he finished the car, but I don't think so, he didn't have enough time and I could swear that I've had more of these for the other sims.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 01, 01:05:54 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: 2008 March 01, 01:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not so much borked as an extreme annoyance to be stomped on. The endless cacophony of telephony due to hobby-lot NPCs phoning to say: o hai you wanna join mai club?

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008 March 01, 01:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pop-ups instead of phone calls for decaying friendships started with BV - was actually glad of them - the damn phone stopped ringing non-stop from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. daily.

Now though, we have the hobby club people.

As someone pointed out on the officia BBS - sims can gain hobby enthusiasm points by DREAMING about a hobby - and thus if they dream at night about the hobby and gain a point, the hobby club CALLS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!

Son of a bitch!

Those idiots! Didn't they think about this?

They need to play a dorm with 8 controllable sim students and see if they like the non-stop hobby club calls.

puke.  not a 'bork' just pure idiocy needing a fix.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2008 March 01, 01:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Half bork, half annoyance, all EA being stupid and not thinking linking things properly.

Buy a car want is not fulfilled by someone finishing a hobby car. So I'm stuck with "buy a car" when there is already one in the driveway.

The pop-ups instead of phone calls for decaying friendships started with BV - was actually glad of them
Maybe my sims just had no friends then, this is the first I've noticed them. Although, this is a maxis family who aparently had a butt load of family friends\acquaintances before I even played them. This is only the second time I've actually played with a pre-made family, I now remember why I don't do this.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 01, 01:14:15 by morriganrant » Logged

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2008 March 01, 01:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH DUH!

That's the other bork!

I knew there was one I was forgetting to mention

At least 3 times during gameplay session last night I had sims fill 'major' wants which had been locked - 3,500 to 5,000 pointers. like falling in love with a certain sim, etc.  The Wants Fulfill, they get the points for them, but the want doesn't roll over to something else!  It just stays there and stays locked!  Unlocking it doesn't make it rollover either.

Only way I could get it to roll was either sending them to bed or to another lot.

rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008 March 01, 01:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally bulldozed the park that comes with new neighborhood.  The two times I sent a sim there, it came up with an error about lot population (?) token.  Any way it was some sort of token.  The second time, I accidentally clicked delete instead of reset.  There was only one sim at the park--the one I was playing.  At 11 a.m. he aged just like a pet.  I decided that park wasn't necessary.

So what causes the "animation name is empty string" error?  Anyone know or have a guess?
Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 March 01, 01:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skillbuilding with the Thinking Cap on is becoming exceedingly dangerous. One of my sim-teens with a LTW of maxing out 7 skills just lost one point, EACH time when she wore it. Even with totally maxed out Aspiration Sad

This happened to me, too-- twice on the same teen sim.  The first time he was in gold aspiration; the second time he was platinum.  I'm afraid to let any of my other sims use a Thinking Cap now!  Does anyone know if Noodlesoothers are safe?

Also, has anyone else had trouble with the Fingerprint Scanner career reward?  I directed one of my sims to use it, and he just stood there holding it (not gaining any skill) until I forced an error and reset him.
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 March 01, 01:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been following this thread with interest and am wondering if there is any redeeming quality in EP7.  Aside from the bugs, EAxis appears to have tripled the irritation factor.  It sure doesn't sound very appealing.

The loading for FT is much better than BV was. Though, I was just going from one hobby club lot to another one (I think it was the third or forth one I'd been to) and it kept loading and loading and loading so I finally gave up and closed it via task manager.

Not so much borked as an extreme annoyance to be stomped on. The endless cacophony of telephony due to hobby-lot NPCs phoning to say: o hai you wanna join mai club?

Oh god, my phone's been ringing off the hook! It's very irritating, I can't wait to see a hack that squishes that annoyance. And they keep showing up saying "here's your award for being all into our hobbies!" I mean really, how often does that happen in real life? I've never gotten an award for being into film and literature, or gaming and computer or reading or any of that stuff. Though I won a music award, but that was because I played in front of people, not alone in my room. And I know the sims are "vaguely based on real life", but how do hobbies=phone/visitor spam?

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008 March 01, 01:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Load time is actually a bit longer for me from game icon to neighborhood choice. No differences once in play.

Good things (for me) so far:
- Toddler paintings are really cute
- I like the craftables, and they give new opportunities for OFB businesses.
- Novel writing has more purpose than just slow money now. They are slightly customizable (there are approx. six covers, plus you can name them though there's a fairly low character limit). I've not yet figured out what using different sub-subjects does for you. The sims get them delivered when done, along with the normal phone call and check. They can then put them in their bookcase and read them whenever.
- Movies are good, more tv variety.
- Some of the random occurences while hiking are nice. I've had a sim find a new friend and bring home an object ---a custom object, at that.
- Sports stuff is fun, even for someone who doesn't like sports herself. Neighborhoods just look more realistic with a basketball court and a soccer field.

And with that said, another bug or undesirable "feature"....working on the ballet bar isn't building fun, even for a sim who has it as their one true hobby.

Really have to go back to my main 'hood now. I miss my little aliens.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
CynicalChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008 March 01, 02:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not seeing some of the lag I has with BV.. which could have been nice.

I don't have the jump bug but about half the time I send them to do something they get halfway and just stop and it drops out. It's not the "ZOMG there's something my way" they just stop and stand there.

Craft items left in inventory seem to depreciate overnight.

They seem to obsessed wit the exercise bike as much as tossing the ball... they play til they're on the verge of death, it seems.

The job thing is spreading to everyone.. a few hours after they leave they just reappear on the front lawn like they were sitting in a car. Bought one of them a car and sent him back. He just popped back up on the front lawn, minus new car.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2008 March 01, 03:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found some more bugs. The first thing I noticed is when I have a sim ride the new exercise bike, after just 5 seconds on the bike, their temperature goes up in the red. I had the sim cool down in the pool, then try the weight bench from the base game and I had him exercise for like 2 (sim time) hours and he was still in green. Later on, I had him go for a jog and when he came back, his temp was all the way red (this happened in the Fall) and upon returning, he passed out on the sidewalk and it said he had heatstroke. So I had him swim in the pool and after like 20 minutes (real time) he was back in the green. Well, while he was in the pool, I tried having him float on his back. He then teleported out of the pool and was standing near the diving board, with nothing in his queue. I thought it was strange, so I had him get in the pool again and float on his back, same thing. I tried it with his wife and it happened to her too.

The other thing I found is sims are doing things on their own with free will turned off. Normally, when free will is off, my sims will just stand there until I tell them to do something with only a few exceptions (pregnant sims throwing up, watching a birthday) but now they go and do hobby things on their own. I had this happen to more than one sim. They'd decide on their own to go play soccer or basketball. Those are the only things I've seen that happen with so far, but I didn't play real long this time since my son has the flu, so I can only play when he's sleeping.

The phone in the game is driving me nuts, though. It will ring and I'll have my sim answer it just so I don't have to listen to it ring, and as soon as they hang up, it rings again. And each time it's a different sim calling. It's really annoying. I hope that gets fixed. But the heating problem is really bad since now I don't want my sims to have fitness hobbies since it's too dangerous. I know there are hacks out there to fix the heating problems, but I don't know if they work for FT or if they'd even fix the overheating problems with the new things like jogging and riding the exercise bike.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008 March 01, 06:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing the Aspir house in Desiderata hood. When the Grandfather went to teach his granddaughter a nursery rhyme, they became BFF - and so did every other sim on the same relationship row as his granddaughter. Grandad now has 6 BFF.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Morigale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 March 01, 06:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing the Aspir house in Desiderata hood. When the Grandfather went to teach his granddaughter a nursery rhyme, they became BFF - and so did every other sim on the same relationship row as his granddaughter. Grandad now has 6 BFF.

You probably just sent him to teach her the nursery rhyme at the same time as the 'BFF check' or whatever ran. Unless the sims he became BFFs with weren't best friends with him to begin with, it's normal. One of my romance sims randomly got a BFF icon over head while doing something or other and when I checked she was suddenly BFFs with her kid, her husband and all five of her lovers.

Speaking of that particular romance sim, I gave her the 'Fortune' sub-aspiration and now her LTW is... reach Golden Anniversary? I'll have to check later if she gets bad memories for romance sim things and good memories for family sim things.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008 March 01, 06:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, that happened to me as well and I didn't do the nursery rhyme thing for 6 sim days. I'd been using max motives in an effort to see all the hobby options sooner.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 March 01, 06:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BFF is on a timed clock cycle that runs independently of rel gains from interactions. It is also extremely 12 and makes me physically ill, so I have killed it a bit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008 March 01, 07:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not really adverse to it, just to calling it BFF. Same as you, Pes, it fills me with the need to hurl. I don't mind English in my game at all...in fact, Prospect Beach is very heavy on custom signage and such and all have English; the sims there just speak a very obscure dialect...but chatspeak? Hell no.

Started playing my real sims again and lucked out a lot on finding the true hobbies of the two children in house. For both of them, it was the first one I tried. The boy is into sports and the girl into nature. She's been doing bug collecting but so far no bees. Mom of the house is into fitness (took a bit to find, and I only did once she decided to take a dip in the pool) and Dad is into tinkering, which took me forever to find. I only had one object that was both a tinkerable type and not custom, so only the crappy shower from Uni could be used to test it.

With updated DC in, I'm getting much less queue dropping, though I did have manual stove cleaning queue drop horribly. Macrotastics is still working as it should (thankfully). No animation string errors since I found that I once again had given myself tight pants (bad backup, maybe?). I'm about to test the pilot furniture store. Those errors were always so much worse at the stores, due to the high number of visitors who have the opportunity to error. Will also be able to test jogging and hiking soon to see if they are overheating. I just need the one child to get to teen.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2008 March 01, 07:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can't blog or browse the web at the Film/Literature secret lot. (Haven't tried this yet at other community lots)
If this is a "feature" it sucks. What other purpose would the computers serve there? It's not a gaming lot  Roll Eyes
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2008 March 01, 07:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not really adverse to it, just to calling it BFF. Same as you, Pes, it fills me with the need to hurl. I don't mind English in my game at all...in fact, Prospect Beach is very heavy on custom signage and such and all have English; the sims there just speak a very obscure dialect...but chatspeak? Hell no.

* AmberDiceless contemplates whether it would be possible/advisable to change BFF to something less hurl-worthy.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: