More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 17:22:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Transferring newly made sims to a different hood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Transferring newly made sims to a different hood  (Read 3113 times)
sorchin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Transferring newly made sims to a different hood
« on: 2008 February 22, 05:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have created a bunch of new sims, I decided I wanted to use a new hood and have transferred my newly made sims over to it (put sims in a lot, sent it to the lots bin, then open the new hood and placed the lot in the new hood). With the debugger object I cleared all of the sims memories.
My question is; are these transferred sims (I'm planning on making them townies) fine to us? Or will they be - because of the transfer from one hood to another - going to be buggy?
Thanks
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: Transferring newly made sims to a different hood
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 22, 13:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've transferred them to another hood in an occupied lot, you've already caused problems in the new hood data files.  Playing them won't make it any worse.  Basically, you are transferring a lot of junk with them some of which might become unlinked during the transfer.  If they were cas made and had never met anybody, you're probably pretty safe, but transferring sims between hoods that way isn't safe.  Use the lotdebugger fix, memory and nuke options and hope for the best.

When I've moved sims between hoods, I've packaged the lot, installed into an empty hood, cleaned the files up in SimPE, repackaged and installed in the destination hood.  But that was a while back, before the lotdebugger memory fix options.  I haven't done it recently, because basically, it's not safe.

The correct way to do it is to clone the sims in SimPE.  I've never done that - sounds too fiddly for me.  Search and you should find something helpful in the podium.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 22, 15:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah - safest way is to clone the sims in SimPE and then re-clone in Bodyshop (to get rid of SimPE residual garbage) - search on "clone sims" to find descriptions of the process.  I think MTS2 also has tutorials.  This requires you to manually reset their aspirations, relationships to each other, skill levels, turn-ons/offs etc., but it avoids the garbage from the old hood that causes breakage of your game and ultimate destruction and doom of your hood.

Anyhow, that being said, if you just made all these sims, and they were brand new, and they were all on a lot together in an otherwise empty neighbourhood, and you then took the lot of them (lot and all, apparently) and moved it to another hood, you might be OK.  If they were related to anyone in the old hood, or if they had met anyone at all (townies, NPCs) in the old hood, there may be unlinked relationship stuff which may cause difficulties in the future, but you may as well play it and see how it goes, but perhaps best not to get too emotionally invested in it.

Tribulatio proxima est
sorchin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 22, 16:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the quick responses.
I kinda figured there might be problems. It might be best to just destroy the sims and restart from scratch. It will take a few hours but probably worth it.
Thanks again..
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 23, 03:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's much easier to clone a sim in simPE and then reclone in body shop than to entirely recreate the sim in CAS, in my opinion. The simPE stuff is really, really easy in this case; just use the sim surgery plugin and it's all pretty self-explanatory.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 23, 18:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorchin if I read your first post right, you have already put the sims in the new hood, so the damage is done.  Deleting them won't fix anything and could make things worse depending on how you do it!  Either nuke the whole 'hood or live with it.  If they were new made, it's not a big problem, just clean up with the lotdebugger options.  My 'hood is still going despite all the stupid things I did to it before I learned better, Just don't do it again!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: