More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 22:18:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd Character Files
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd Character Files  (Read 6282 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Odd Character Files
« on: 2008 February 20, 22:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reading JadeElliot's post today set me wondering how many character files are in the MATY Inverted 'hood. The answer is only 83, but I came across a couple of weird sort of duplicates (see highlighted files in the image below). Have I broken something? If yes, can I fix it? The only 'bad' thing I might have done is remove almost all my custom clothes, many of which were being worn by playables and townies. They all just reverted back to EAxis clothes. I have installed the latest SimPE but haven't edited/saved any character or even neighbourhood stuff, just created a few recolours to work on.

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Re: Odd Character Files
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 20, 23:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wolfs in my neighborhood have two character files like that, dunno why that is though.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 21, 02:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a handful of those files in my neighborhood as well. The nanny, streaker, wolves, waiters, and ninja all have .1 files. I created my neighborhood from clean templates and spawned nearly all of my own NPCs and Townies. I've never placed an occupied lot into the neighborhood or anything like that so hopefully those NPCs are supposed to have those extra files for whatever reason.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 21, 11:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you give makeovers to nannies they always end up with that kind of file.  The second one contains the thumbnail picture.  I have no idea why it happens, but don't delete them.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 21, 14:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not all have the same in it.
My wolfes have mostly only a BHAV in it same with waiters, both are duplikates of alredy in person data files existing ones.
Nannies have there  AGED Data in it after a makeover they have no more faces in Thumpnail.
Its strange.
Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 23, 09:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eevilcat, there was a pretty lengthy discussion about the *.1.package character files in Oops You Broke It a while back.  Link: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5216.0.html

Hope this helps.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 24, 12:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the pointer to the other thread, my search skills must have been made of phail when I originally posted. I've now had a poke around and it looks like date stamps on the installed files are all fine so I'll just live with it.

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 24, 15:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eevilcat:

Not meaning to hijack the thread or anything. . . but, do you really have 13 hoods?  I noticed that this neighborhood is #12 and you also have Riverblossom Hills, so that's 13.  Do you play them all, or are they test hoods?  I was just curious.  I don't play the Maxian Hoods, can barely manage to keep my own hood organized and straight.  LOL  If you are running 13 hoods, I'm really impressed.  Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 24, 16:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To fix this, simply delete the small one and remove the .1. This seems to happen anytime a template BHAV had to be overwritten for a feature or bug fix, and while sims no longer appear to run the BHAVs contained in their personal character files, this behavior persists. Just nuke the truncated 1k version and rename the .1 over it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 24, 22:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eevilcat:

Not meaning to hijack the thread or anything. . . but, do you really have 13 hoods?  I noticed that this neighborhood is #12 and you also have Riverblossom Hills, so that's 13.  Do you play them all, or are they test hoods?  I was just curious.  I don't play the Maxian Hoods, can barely manage to keep my own hood organized and straight.  LOL  If you are running 13 hoods, I'm really impressed.  Smiley

Yes, although I don't play them all and some have been dormant for some time.

Strangetown  - played when I first got the game, looked at recently so it does at least load ok.
Veronaville  - never loaded
Pleasantview - recently used as a base with townies for testing Ellatrue's Ghetto Superstar Challenge.
Riverblossom Hills was used as a testing ground for Seasons functionality, since ignored.
Legacie, Black Widow Web, Asylum Challenge and Alphabet Challenge are unsurprisingly named for the respective challenges I play in them.
Boolprop Heaven - a test hood for checking my own CC and testing odd challenges, extreme gameplay, mad genetics etc.
Lot Building Land - a flat terrain for building lots that I might want to share (thanks to Pescado for pointing out my non-even edge stupidity and Emma's suggestion for the base terrain to use).
BV Test - used for testing BV before I unleashed it on hoods that actually matter.
MATY Inverted - my current hood.

I think I must have deleted an old hood (N004) as only those 12 show up in SimPE but I don't think the game *really* deletes things as it leaves a couple of files behind. If there is a safe way to completely get rid of it then I'd like to know.

I would use a single test hood but my original test hood is linked to a couple of stories on the BBS and alas is not flat for lot building. I also keep meaning to nuke the BV test hood.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 25, 12:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the same sort of number and like eevilcat a lot of them are dormant.  In fact I tend to take the ones I'm not using out of the 'hood folder and put them back when I want them.  I always do that when I'm installing a new EP, so I can try the EP out on something unimportant and spot any problems before they affect everything!  At the moment I'm still trying out all the EPs I added on my TSR challenge hood.  I haven't been back to my main hood for months.  I'm having fun with the challenges, but I wanted them in a separate hood - not mixed in with 'my' sims.

I've got the standard 4, one I use as a lot store, about 5 are to do with making sub-hoods for download including Sedona and Meadow Lawns which ended up as a download in it's own right. I've also got several downloaded hoods that I play from time to time: Matyville, Morewood, Seagull Island & Maple Valley.  Then there are a couple I made for story writing where the chapters of the story are spread around the 'hood. 

Basically I'm a pack rat - I never throw anything away!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: