More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:04:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Veronaville--What's the Deal???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Veronaville--What's the Deal???  (Read 32351 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Veronaville--What's the Deal???
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 12, 17:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sophie is such a bitch!  she once had darren Dreamer in tears when dirk was fool enough to bring her home.  she sat down, ate the meal that darren had cooked, then went up to him and poked him!  I love killing her off, and I'm not usually that vindictive, but I do so hate ingratitude!  It would have been the first home-cooked meal she'd ever eaten, too!

It's funny, but the downtownies aren't nearly so annoying, I've got all but one adult and one child in my game now, and they seem fine, no more likely to get furious and upset other sims than my own creations!  Believe it or not, Jodie Young, who is Family, lots of nice points and an outgoing, friendly Cancer, managed to reduce Lilith to tears when they both came home to the Brokes after school!  (They're friends now, but Lilith had to keep phoning up to repair the relationship, and since they could end up related by marriage, I thought it was better they didn't also end up mortal enemies!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 12, 17:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sophie is such a bitch!  she once had darren Dreamer in tears when dirk was fool enough to bring her home.  she sat down, ate the meal that darren had cooked, then went up to him and poked him!  I love killing her off, and I'm not usually that vindictive, but I do so hate ingratitude!  It would have been the first home-cooked meal she'd ever eaten, too!

It's funny, but the downtownies aren't nearly so annoying, I've got all but one adult and one child in my game now, and they seem fine, no more likely to get furious and upset other sims than my own creations!  Believe it or not, Jodie Young, who is Family, lots of nice points and an outgoing, friendly Cancer, managed to reduce Lilith to tears when they both came home to the Brokes after school!  (They're friends now, but Lilith had to keep phoning up to repair the relationship, and since they could end up related by marriage, I thought it was better they didn't also end up mortal enemies!)
I wholeheartedly agree with you on Sophie's behavior and attitude. I rarely ban a sim from a lot that isnt a Vampire or zombie but in her case I would make an exception to that rule if my Teen Sim shows up with her in tow . Marsha is a lot easier to deal with and nowhere near as mean. she is just a pest

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 12, 17:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the hack from TJ that means the kid has to ask first - it's brilliant!  It's the schoolbus-bring friend dialogue hack, and it works perfectly!  Also, by the time the question is answered your sim kid is half-way to the desk with their homework, and it doesn't get lost when some pushy townie kid tells them to move!  And any visiting kid that bursts into the bathroom while one of my sims is on the loo gets banned!

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 17, 17:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually found that with NL, some settings do remain, such as zapped visitors, at least until you close your game down and reload.
Boy I haven't been here for a while.  LizzLove's bed has to be set everytime you visit.  I just pause the game when they arrive and turn them off till I need one.  You know what is wierd, I was always bothered by the townie children and deleted them whenever they came home with the children,but I started turning them into teens whenever I see them and I tend to send them to Uni before the ingame teens.  They are really sociable and they become really good friends.  All the townies are better when you have control over them.  I find that even with my own sims that if I don't play them for too long they become more aggressive.  They learn from us and if they are left to themselves they get mean and pushy.  Sophie isn't that bad if you send her to Uni right away before she becomes a B****.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 17, 17:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.  Sophie isn't that bad if you send her to Uni right away before she becomes a B****.
Sophie is a B**** the moment she enters any of my sims homes so she is permanently banned as is pesky Marsha. all other townies simply get removed before they make it to the door

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 17, 18:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent Sophie to Uni in one of my custom neighbourhoods, she is actually quite pretty if you clean her up a bit and give her some makeup. She was even my first sim to be permanant platinum. She's an elder now and has two kids that aren't bad looking themselves.

Komei Tellerman on the other hand......grrr....ugly nasty annoying bastard.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 17, 18:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent Sophie to Uni in one of my custom neighbourhoods, she is actually quite pretty if you clean her up a bit and give her some makeup. She was even my first sim to be permanant platinum. She's an elder now and has two kids that aren't bad looking themselves.

Komei Tellerman on the other hand......grrr....ugly nasty annoying bastard.
hhe never shows up at any of my sim's houses thank god

Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 November 17, 18:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twice now Sophie has wooed sweet teenage boys into a First Kiss without my guiding her.  The first was way back when I got the game and had Will Speare in Veronaville.  His grandson, Willem, brought her home from school and before I knew what was going on, Willem had had his first kiss and was wanting to go steady with her.

Recently, she pulled this on one of my Prosperity Challenge teens.  Without even guiding either of them, they kissed and became best friends.  She's the only sim I've come across who has ever autonomously moved on to "romantic" interactions without being romanced first.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 November 17, 18:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you find that your own CAS sims become stroppy when you haven't played them for a while, it may be that their aspiration level was low when you exited their lot, so whenever they go visiting, they're in a bad mood!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 November 17, 19:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you find that your own CAS sims become stroppy when you haven't played them for a while, it may be that their aspiration level was low when you exited their lot, so whenever they go visiting, they're in a bad mood!
you have a point my CAS sims are all happy with gold to platinum levels except JM Pescado and he would gripe no matter what his aspiration level was with zero nice points

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 November 17, 20:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a custom hood with a female sim witch called Lucrezie de la Mort, who was Scorpio and Romance with no nice points.  I created her with the intention of getting her to "off" all the townies and create a locely haunted house, but she really wasn't that horrible unless someone annoyed her!  Marisa Bendett, on the other hand, came home with Komei, who was living with her, and immediately went and did the poke in stomach, flick up into face action!  All hell was let loose after that, and she was the first sim I ever had to display the "See so-and-so's Ghost" want!  But she didn't initiate the trouble!  And whenever she went visiting, she was a model guest!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 November 18, 00:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a custom hood with a female sim witch called Lucrezie de la Mort, who was Scorpio and Romance with no nice points.  I created her with the intention of getting her to "off" all the townies and create a locely haunted house, but she really wasn't that horrible unless someone annoyed her!  Marisa Bendett, on the other hand, came home with Komei, who was living with her, and immediately went and did the poke in stomach, flick up into face action!  All hell was let loose after that, and she was the first sim I ever had to display the "See so-and-so's Ghost" want!  But she didn't initiate the trouble!  And whenever she went visiting, she was a model guest!
oh Pescado behaves himself at other peoples houses its just when they show up at his house he wants to argue

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 November 18, 00:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that shouldnt surprise you!  Does he shoo them off with his pop gun?

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2005 November 18, 01:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing Veronaville for a year without any of the problems mentioned by processdenied.  At least none I noticed - I'm not observant....  I didn't do anything with the dead sims and I don't have uni or NL.  I started by making my own sims and didn't play any of the stories til I knew what I was doing more or less.  I know adding an EP to an existing 'hood can be troublesome.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 November 18, 01:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you can't do it with the neighbourhoods in place without having problems.   I usually just take them all out and then install the EP and play with the new hoods for a while.  (And if you use a custom hood, and make sure that, by making some that you don't use so that the new hood will have a number you haven't got, like if you have a custom hood which is N0004, then you need to make sure this hood becomes N0005, then you won't need to ditch it when you decide it's safe to put your original game folders back.

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 November 18, 01:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After spawning everyone's biological clock,  I haven't had any trouble till today.  One of my romance Uni sims was on a date downtown and I ran across Consorts wife(he died not too long ago)and I was checking her memories to make sure there wasn't going to be a fight(see if the date also dated her)  Well, I noticed all these cheating icons and I was like cheating who??  Apparantly there is a prob when Consort died cause every guy she flirts with she gets a cheating icon.  Better check things out in SimPE--here we go again!!!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 November 18, 05:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After spawning everyone's biological clock,  I haven't had any trouble till today.  One of my romance Uni sims was on a date downtown and I ran across Consorts wife(he died not too long ago)and I was checking her memories to make sure there wasn't going to be a fight(see if the date also dated her)  Well, I noticed all these cheating icons and I was like cheating who??  Apparantly there is a prob when Consort died cause every guy she flirts with she gets a cheating icon.  Better check things out in SimPE--here we go again!!!
apparently your gamme failed to unlink her from Consort when he died which could be a problem if she goes to remarry ie the game wont allow her to because it may see her as married to cansort even though he is dead

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 November 18, 07:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently, she pulled this on one of my Prosperity Challenge teens.  Without even guiding either of them, they kissed and became best friends.  She's the only sim I've come across who has ever autonomously moved on to "romantic" interactions without being romanced first.
Maxian premade sims are pre-wired with a gender orientation, so they begin with a preference and thus autonomously pursue romantic relationships, as long as they're not already attached. Since the premade townies aren't attached, they immediately begin preying on your sims at the next available opportunity.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2005 November 18, 08:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ - I thought the consensus was that you had to leave your game data in when you added an EP or a patch so the game could fix them up for you.  Read it here somewhere and have passed it on, so I hope it's true.  Adding them back later was said to be "a bad thing" likely to cause problems later   Backup first - obviously!.

EDIT - obviously saved the wrong link.  Here's how to to it.  Thanks and apologies to whover I haven't credited.

1) open a command window (Start - run - cmd)
2) go to the folder (cd "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N004", enter)
3) type this command: REN N004* N00Y*
4) go to the first subfolder (cd characters, enter)
5) repeat 3
6) go to the second subfolder (cd .. , cd lots, enter)
7) repeat 3
Cool go to the third subfolder (cd .. , cd Storytelling, enter)
9) repeat 3
10) go to the last subfolder (cd .. , cd Thumbnails, enter)
11) repeat 3

Mostly sims stop at autonomous flirting - I guess they both have to be interested and have nothing else to do - maybe the the other sim wanders off to the loo or something before they can try it - real passion killer that!  I found one of my new-made sims in an unplanned clinch the other day - the ins and outs escape me as I am wracking my brains out over the complete absence of any old memories in the 'hood.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 20, 11:02:42 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 November 18, 11:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when I've done that, it's caused more problems than it's solved.  But basically, my advice still stands, except substitute the word "Copy" for "Move" - in other words, whatever you do, make a back up first!

And, if you are uninstalling/reinstalling, then I think you may HAVE to take your files out for the uninstall part, I don't know.  I don't trust Uninstall programs, they all seem to work differently, and some leave files in that should be removed , and others remove files that should be left in - so I would say, better safe than sorry!

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 November 18, 16:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my last game, when I discovered that I could send townies to college for the first time, I sent all of the teen townies to college and was really surprised by their memories.  The Ricky kid, I didn't like him  so none of my kids got to know him, I didn't even know that he was romance sim(explains a lot).  Well, three other townie girls were in love with him.  I thought that it was pre made till I restarted my game and sent him to college right away,apparantly,he was automously kissing the girls behind my back.  I thought that they couldn't autonmousy give a first kiss??  Hence, the lack of interaction causes despiration.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 November 18, 20:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's the problem, whether sims are controllable or not, they all have the same needs, and for some reason living in the townie household doesn't fulfil any of them  I mean, the kids and teens presumably go to school since they some back on the school bus, but they don't get any improvement on their grades.  They only meet other townies if they meet them at your sims house, or when your sim is visiting a community lot, so their needs in that direction aren't met either.  Even the NPCs fare better than that, as sometimes they get to talk to other sims and make friends.

Zephyr Zodiac
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 November 22, 17:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's the problem, whether sims are controllable or not, they all have the same needs, and for some reason living in the townie household doesn't fulfil any of them  I mean, the kids and teens presumably go to school since they some back on the school bus, but they don't get any improvement on their grades.  They only meet other townies if they meet them at your sims house, or when your sim is visiting a community lot, so their needs in that direction aren't met either.  Even the NPCs fare better than that, as sometimes they get to talk to other sims and make friends.
  That's why I love hacks.  I look out for all my townie teens and children now because they will eventually become playable characters.  I make sure their jobs match their aspiration.  I put them at level 3 and give them an A plus in school.  I also give them 5 points in every subject--it isn't as much as my characters have but then again they spend their life playing and my sims are working their butts off.  I take control of them when they come over and give them an aspiration hike so they don't grow up badly and have them call for scholorships and since I have Inteen I also have to make them older so  I can send them to college.  I even found a good point to having my NPC's bitten.  I turn them back to simmies  and then turn them into a teen so they replace the teens that I send to Uni.  Circle of life my friend.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 November 23, 17:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clear up any old wives tales before they start.  InTeen doesn't "fix up DNA" as one person suggested.  It does clean up some leftover "schlop" that was left behind in the character files that can cause InTeen to behave in unpredictable ways.  From what I can surmise the neighboorhood simmies were developed in reverse order, Veronaville, then Strangetown, and finally Pleasantville.  The sims in Pleasantville seem to be the only ones with data that is consistent with the final shipping version of the game.  Some of the Veronaville and Strangetown simmies have junk DNA - where if you breed them together the game will crash every time.  I've found some sims who are allegedly 65,000+ years old.  Gender preferences scores that are off the chart.  There are references to motives which were deprecated before the final shipping product shipped.  All of this I believe is a byproduct of the game "evolving" during development - features get added, features get removed, specs change...but the sims that were created to that point were never fully updated to conform to the new "spec".  Some of this may be benign - some of it may not.  In either event, while InTeen attempts to correct those problems that conflict with it, it is not a universal silver bullet.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 November 23, 18:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rofl at your description of the alleged age of those sims. man 65,000 years old makes them  older than Methuselah Shocked and gender preferences that are off the chart huh Huh seems Maxis really glitched those hoods bigtime

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: