More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:53:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Veronaville--What's the Deal???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Veronaville--What's the Deal???  (Read 32344 times)
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Veronaville--What's the Deal???
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 10, 03:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You really have to be careful with the romance mods.  With Inteen,you will get teen blind dates for your adult sim if they are the best suited for them.  And don't get me started with adding Lizz's waterbed to the mix.  All I have to say is "remember to turn it off after you use it"  I spent a lot of time in SimPE fixing the fateful night at the Bordello when I first realized that a community lot doesn't hold your mod settings after you leave it.  Poor Randy.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 10, 09:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually found that with NL, some settings do remain, such as zapped visitors, at least until you close your game down and reload.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 11, 00:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually found that with NL, some settings do remain, such as zapped visitors, at least until you close your game down and reload.
I have found the same thing to be true

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 11, 15:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can be quite useful if you plan on visiting the same lot a few times, no hold-ups while you zap vampires or furious sims!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 11, 15:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can be quite useful if you plan on visiting the same lot a few times, no hold-ups while you zap vampires or furious sims!
I use the visitor zapper for Vampires and unwanted townie children such as Marsha Bruenig.for temporary removal I use the DMA Box.for example I was at my My sim Justin's House and I wanted the adults to help the kids and teens with homework but visitors were there and they were playing poker and pool with the adults I wanted to help the kids and canceling out the interactions wasnt working so I went to the DMA box and removed visitors.My adults promptly got up and started helping the kids with homework.something about visitors being there to play the various games with my sims makes the Controllable sims stubborn. but I dont want tobaan the neighbors permanently so the DMA box does wonders to remove visitors when necessary.I use the zapper to ban Furious sims as well.Justin's house has three Romance sims in it that are adults and one teen Romance sim . so Furious sims are a constant problem there.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 11, 15:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I want to just get rid of all visitors, I used Inge's shrub, but the zapperis, as you say, a very useful weapon agains the Bruenig!  (Won't stop the little minx from phoning up at 00.15 am, though, so really, the only permanent answer for Marsha is death by deletion via simPE (the new version.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 11, 15:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I want to just get rid of all visitors, I used Inge's shrub, but the zapperis, as you say, a very useful weapon agains the Bruenig!  (Won't stop the little minx from phoning up at 00.15 am, though, so really, the only permanent answer for Marsha is death by deletion via simPE (the new version.)
fortunately the only sim to bring home a friend today was Justin's Teenage Son and he brought home a Neighbor not a townie.what always amazes me though is how the neighbor is invariable some one still standing on the side walk waiting to be moved in so how the heck did that teen go to school?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 11, 16:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They always do, and if the adults have a job, they go to work, so they can appear with your sim after work!  Wierd!  (Also, teens you have sent across to Uni still apparently go to school every day until you take the time to move them into a dorm or a house!)  So, if you use the teleporter and kind control mirror to move all townies into the game, and they are waiting to be moved in, they will still keep visiting, but at least they don't have phones and computers while they're in the Bin!  (And you can always make the adults unemployed.  I tend to do that, and remove a lot of their skill points too.  One downtownie really annoyed me, tiny house, Smoogoo car, but if asked what her job was, she would say: "I'm a chief of Staff!"  Well, in that case, why did she only have the basic 20,000 simoleons?

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 11, 16:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They always do, and if the adults have a job, they go to work, so they can appear with your sim after work!  Wierd!  (Also, teens you have sent across to Uni still apparently go to school every day until you take the time to move them into a dorm or a house!)  So, if you use the teleporter and kind control mirror to move all townies into the game, and they are waiting to be moved in, they will still keep visiting, but at least they don't have phones and computers while they're in the Bin!  (And you can always make the adults unemployed.  I tend to do that, and remove a lot of their skill points too.  One downtownie really annoyed me, tiny house, Smoogoo car, but if asked what her job was, she would say: "I'm a chief of Staff!"  Well, in that case, why did she only have the basic 20,000 simoleons?
I had the funniest answer yet when a sim was aked what his job is. I had Justin ask JonSmith Tricou what hiss Job was knowing full well that Jon Smith is unemployed. He showed a couch Icon  and then said unemployed. I take it to mean That Jon Smith Tricou's Answer was actually Unemployed Couch Potato. My Sim Justin Has a Job he is an MVP

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 11, 17:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the icon just meant "My poor old back is killing me and I need to get rid of this jerk and sit DOWN!!"

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 11, 17:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the icon just meant "My poor old back is killing me and I need to get rid of this jerk and sit DOWN!!"
I doubt it as he was at Justin's house and Justin was at the Poker Table playing poker with him. so he was sitting down at the time!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 12, 00:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh!  well, you didn't say that before!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 12, 01:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh!  well, you didn't say that before!
  My Bad 40 lashes with a wet noodle for me Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 12, 01:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shouldn't jump to conclusions - just because my sims only use the "Ask about" when they're chatting someone up, doesn't mean everyone does that.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 12, 03:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shouldn't jump to conclusions - just because my sims only use the "Ask about" when they're chatting someone up, doesn't mean everyone does that.
the only time my sims use it is at the poker Table or if they are chatting with someone

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 12, 03:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, if they're at the poker table I just let them get on with it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 12, 03:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, if they're at the poker table I just let them get on with it!
I was curious more than any thing else what the answer would be as JonSmith Tricou was newly ressurrected if he would tell whatever it was he did before he died  Tongue otherwise I pretty much let them get  on with the game

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 12, 03:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they did anything!  I think they were just Motherloded to that enormous amount of money then left in the house with no fridge!  The kids would have lasted longer as they would have got fed at school.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 12, 04:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they did anything!  I think they were just Motherloded to that enormous amount of money then left in the house with no fridge!  The kids would have lasted longer as they would have got fed at school.
I dunno in the underground of the house of fallen trees is two coffins and the JonSmith Tricou I got this time around has that awful Vampire skin. before the Reinstall that I was forced to do because of a corrupt Uni File  he didnt have that awful complexion.I keep waiting to see if he is going to try and bite the neck of one of his kids in the home. once I ttook the horrid make up off Jennail,Nylissit ,and Gvaudoin and Fricorith  their skin turned a nice healthy color but not his

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 12, 04:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, he's ok in my game, but then his name is Jonathan, not Jonsmith.  And I checked them all out in simPE, and none of them had vampire ticks.  But it may have made a difference that you resurrected them IN the House of Fallen Trees.

Have you tried getting him to buy a cure for vampirism form the Gypsy?  I would imagine the option would only appear if he or one of his family were vampires.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 12, 04:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, he's ok in my game, but then his name is Jonathan, not Jonsmith.  And I checked them all out in simPE, and none of them had vampire ticks.  But it may have made a difference that you resurrected them IN the House of Fallen Trees.

Have you tried getting him to buy a cure for vampirism form the Gypsy?  I would imagine the option would only appear if he or one of his family were vampires.
I actually ressurected him in the neighborhood at one of my sims houses. I had one of his kids buy the potions and he has no option to drink it. I put a bottle  from his teen daughters inventory in to his. though. hmm I will check sim pe and see what it says thanks for the hint Undecided

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 12, 09:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I would definitely say that if he can't drink the potion, he isn't a vampire.  But then, I don't really know much about them, I never play them, and I zap the grand Vampires if they appear anywhere!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 12, 13:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I would definitely say that if he can't drink the potion, he isn't a vampire.  But then, I don't really know much about them, I never play them, and I zap the grand Vampires if they appear anywhere!
SimPE only listed it as a turn on for him which I changed.I zap them as well .I'm not in vampires or zombies. I like a bit more realism when I play .Ialso bear in mind that when my grandchildren in particular the 3 year old are around things like Vampires and zombies are scary to her and we are trying to teach her that they just pretend. so I dont want her to be frightened of my game and have nightmares over it hence why I dont add the vampires or zombies or Aliens in to my game if I can avoid it.my grand daughter likes to help decorate My Sims houses and she likes to pick out clothes if I take one of my sims shopping.my simmies have walked around in some pretty bizzare clothes at times that she picked out for them.  Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 12, 13:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I posted a while back, if they're into making add-on packs, then vampires and such would have been a good one to choose, and then we could have chosen whether or not to add the undead to our game without missing out on a good Expansion Pack!  What's next, I wonder?  Jack the ripper?  Monsters from Outer space?

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 12, 15:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I posted a while back, if they're into making add-on packs, then vampires and such would have been a good one to choose, and then we could have chosen whether or not to add the undead to our game without missing out on a good Expansion Pack!  What's next, I wonder?  Jack the ripper?  Monsters from Outer space?
I tend to agree with you many of us want to play a realistic game and as such dont really want aliens,Vampires and zombies in our games.I hope Jack the ripper isnt coming up next. the dead but undead  would have been Ideal in a add on pack rather than being thrust at us in a expansion pack where we have to use a hack to keep them from infiltrating our neighborhoods and Cas sim population. one thing I dont want in my custom Hood is  the ugly townie genetics like Benjamin Long so to make sure that he doesnt cosy up to my Single Mom Sim I made in CAS I removed him from her lot when he showed up as part of the "welcome wagon". so she never got to meet him. the other two were CAS sims so I left them to visit. and I put her in a Job where one of her co-workers is a CAS sim.I think Maxis  had the right Idea in the welcome wagon but  they shouldnt be thrust on our sims if there are CAS sims already in the neighborhood. the game should have been designed to randomly choose those sims and not add townies in a poulated neighborhood.I have beenlucky thus Far the only kids my sim kid have shown up with after school is neighbors and not townie  kids like Marsha or worse yet Sophie Miguel.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: