More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:10:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage Patch #2: Now on thesims2.ea
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage Patch #2: Now on thesims2.ea  (Read 38227 times)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage Patch #2: Now on thesims2.ea
« Reply #50 on: 2008 February 24, 20:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what that whole "updating your game" thing is about when you install a new ep, that is a patch for the old one. It doesn't help when they release a patch for the old ep after the release of a new ep. You have to apply that one yourself.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 February 25, 06:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you have nounlinkondelete, then suddenly vanishing tombstones are just a minor nuisance, and you can just spawn them back.
  Thanks to you, I can( I am really grateful) but the main annoyance is is that all my children will be in aspiration failure and all the Sim's wants and fears are littered with death garbage that is no longer relavent to them.  When the tombstone is respond it is like they died all over again.  I have about 50 graves.  I must have something that is causing this to happen to my game.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2008 February 25, 11:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what that whole "updating your game" thing is about when you install a new ep, that is a patch for the old one. It doesn't help when they release a patch for the old ep after the release of a new ep. You have to apply that one yourself.

Do you trust them to get the right patch in the new EP?  Remember how NL patch 2 fixes didn't all make it into OFB?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 February 25, 21:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you trust them to get the right patch in the new EP?  Remember how NL patch 2 fixes didn't all make it into OFB?

Of course not. I patch my game right before adding a new ep. It cuts down on updating issues anyway. But, patching is what it's supposed to be doing ...what it actually does is anyones guess.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 February 25, 22:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever I do my re-installs from base game up, it always says that my game is good to go, even though I know that there are patches.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 February 25, 22:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought it was just a way to mess with you and make the game harder to pirate, because of the way it used to require that you insert the CD of your previous EP. I think maybe they just dropped that part of the installation process, or something.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 February 25, 22:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought it was just a way to mess with you and make the game harder to pirate, because of the way it used to require that you insert the CD of your previous EP. I think maybe they just dropped that part of the installation process, or something.

I can't even remember the last time I had to put in the previous eps disc. I would have remembered I'm sure, they are all on isos on my external, the legal copies are on a bookshelf, and it's a pain in the ass to get to them and get them to run.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 February 25, 22:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It recognizes the iso files as if they were the real disc.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 February 25, 22:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that I've ever had it ask for the previous EP's disc, but it always asks for the first disc again. I figured that was so you can play the EP once it was done installing.  Tongue

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 February 25, 23:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It recognizes the iso files as if they were the real disc.

No it's not that, we lost the power cord to something else sometime back so the externals power cord is never on it and for some reason I sometimes have problems with the iso being mounted from the external, I've had to move the files back over to the main computer a few times and it just takes so damn long. It would take less time to ransack the room looking for the cases.

Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 February 26, 02:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having game X ask for game X-1's disk would cause outrage from everyone who didn't care for a given pack.  What the updates looked like to me were asking for the base game discs.  How much of the update was for compatibility purposes and how much they were meant as an antipiracy method, I can't say.  (Although they suck at the latter, as they don't ask for base game discs if you've already patched it.)

And as someone who usually waits for the second patch before loading a game, I wonder what the BV final verdict is.  Have most of the bugs and instability been mostly ironed out, and are the features and stuff-style things really worth it?  Especially the bits that apply to the core 'hood, as the vacation features sounded very flat to me.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2008 February 27, 12:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The vacation hoods just blew me away to begin with.  They brought back so many memories of my own holidays.  I'm not sure if it's got staying power once the novelty has worn off though.  You make the vacation fun by visiting all the other lots and picking up the memories, but I find I'm spending a lot of time looking at loading screens.  Angry   Effects back in the main hood tend to be a bit annoying - like the spread of hula/slap dancing and tai chi.  You also have to find space for the souvenirs unless you junk them.  I haven't bothered with the special collections that give boosts or otherwise - don't need them.

I haven't found it particularly buggy, but I don't have a clue about techie stuff like stability.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 February 28, 02:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what is the verdict, do we install both patches before FreeTime or does it patch automatically?
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 February 28, 02:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV second patch is apparently not in FreeTime.  I believe the recommendation is to patch, then install.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 February 28, 03:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you...What about the 1st patch?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 February 28, 03:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly is, FT seemed to think my BV was up to date, I had installed the first patch and was using a patched no-cd.
Just patch BV and then install FT. It cuts down on the possibly that your install with decide to fuck up at the "update" and then uninstall FT again.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 February 28, 04:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2nd patch includes the 1st patch.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 February 28, 04:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already installed Freetime without installing the BV Patch. Is it okay to install the patch now or should I uninstall freetime and then reinstall the patch?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 February 28, 04:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already installed Freetime without installing the BV Patch. Is it okay to install the patch now or should I uninstall freetime and then reinstall the patch?
It installed for me just fine. I had forgotten to install the 2nd patch before FT install. It game me a warning that I had a newer expansion installed and to revisit the website for its patch, it then scanned and updated BV.

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 February 28, 04:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great news.  Thank you, morriganrant.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 February 28, 14:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird, it told me I was up to date.  Roll Eyes

Apparently I need to update Direct X 9 or something. It keeps giving me error messages when I try to start my game.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 February 28, 17:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently I need to update Direct X 9 or something. It keeps giving me error messages when I try to start my game.

I discovered via a different application that MS slipstreamed a new version of DirectX 9 sometime mid-late last year.  Version 9c, I think it is. Windows updater doesn't automatically install it -- you have to go to the MS site and download the installer directly.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 February 28, 17:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jelenedra, did you put the crack in the right place? I kept getting that error when I put the crack in the wrong place on BV. Majorly annoying brain fart. It has to go in the ..../TSBin folder, if I recall correctly.

Seriously. I was screaming at Addison. "I have Direct X10, bitch!" didn't make him cooperate. Putting the crack elsewhere did.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 February 28, 18:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jelenedra, did you put the crack in the right place? I kept getting that error when I put the crack in the wrong place on BV. Majorly annoying brain fart. It has to go in the ..../TSBin folder, if I recall correctly.

Seriously. I was screaming at Addison. "I have Direct X10, bitch!" didn't make him cooperate. Putting the crack elsewhere did.

Oh to be a fly on the wall at Fuzzy Pumpkin's house...

As a person who just downloaded a crack and arrred version, it pleases me to say "baaaaa" for this tip.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 February 28, 19:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe this is the problem. Putting the crack in the correct place did not retifiy the error, but I was told at PMNN that I should reinstall and try it again the correct way. So I was going to try that tonight, after installing the second BV patch. I forgot the first time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: