More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:57:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Destination Marker
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Destination Marker  (Read 6447 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Destination Marker
« on: 2008 February 04, 16:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to scan for and move the destination marker where the dogs go to pee? I nuke the ones in inappropriate locations, but it would be very convenient to just move the marker where I want it instead of waiting for the cuss-mumble pets to make another EAxian choice...

Addendum: Would it be possible to make a buyable, placeable destination marker?

Edited to add idea.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 04, 16:29:31 by croiduire » Logged

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: Destination Marker
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 04, 18:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooo, i would love that

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 04, 19:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be awesome. I have a number of dogs who have chosen to pee on the sidewalk in front of the mailbox- technically outside, but still leaves a puddle I have to mop up.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 04, 20:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a hack that eliminates pee puddles if they go outside. Can't recall where I got it. Will check when I get home. Add it to the list of dumb "features" EAxis included, to have a puppy peeing on the lawn create a puddle and then weeds.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 04, 20:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Add it to the list of dumb "features" EAxis included, to have a puppy peeing on the lawn create a puddle and then weeds.

Especially since, in the real world, a dog peeing on a lawn is a pretty good way to get a nice dead brown spot, not weeds. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 04, 20:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Add it to the list of dumb "features" EAxis included, to have a puppy peeing on the lawn create a puddle and then weeds.

Especially since, in the real world, a dog peeing on a lawn is a pretty good way to get a nice dead brown spot, not weeds. Smiley

Weeds or brown spot--either one, it doesn't matter. Weeds are a reasonable way to simulate the realistic need for occasional yard clean-up. However, a real dog that was peeing on the porch could be broken of the habit--not a game option, unless you want them going in the house, and that's just incredibly stupid, even for EA.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 05, 01:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a hack that eliminates pee puddles if they go outside. Can't recall where I got it. Will check when I get home. Add it to the list of dumb "features" EAxis included, to have a puppy peeing on the lawn create a puddle and then weeds.
Yellow Pee eliminates this behavior, and pee puddles outside quickly disappear even if deposited on terrain, only hanging around long enough to take note of Eau de Brynne.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 05, 08:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yellow Pee eliminates this behavior, and pee puddles outside quickly disappear even if deposited on terrain, only hanging around long enough to take note of Eau de Brynne.

Not quickly enough to keep my neatfreaks from wasting time and energy mopping them up. And not quickly enough to keep from annoying me. Is it technically feasible to isolate the destination marker?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 05, 08:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quickly enough to keep my neatfreaks from wasting time and energy mopping them up.
Noted: Disable autonomous mopping of outdoor pee.

And not quickly enough to keep from annoying me.
Sounds like a personal problem to me, soldier.

Is it technically feasible to isolate the destination marker?
Well, the problem with the destination marker is that they respawn themselves if you remove them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 05, 09:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the dogs peed in the new CS pee bushes. I was thrilled, until another sim mopped up the puddle.  Tongue

More F than you
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 05, 14:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quickly enough to keep my neatfreaks from wasting time and energy mopping them up.
Noted: Disable autonomous mopping of outdoor pee.

And not quickly enough to keep from annoying me.
Sounds like a personal problem to me, soldier.

Most of my annoyance is due to trying to forestall the mopping and deterioration of the room score. If that can resolve, I will be far less irked, although peeing on the sidewalk is still ick. Nonetheless, I wish there was some way to place or move a marker where I wanted it. Having a brown, weedy far corner of the lot has appeal.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 05, 15:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a number of dogs who have chosen to pee on the sidewalk in front of the mailbox- technically outside, but still leaves a puddle I have to mop up.

If you kill autonomous mopping, we'll be left with these puddles by the mail box.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 05, 18:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone yet tried moving it with move_objects on? I find sometimes I have been able to move destination marker type things with that.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 06, 01:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nonetheless, I wish there was some way to place or move a marker where I wanted it. Having a brown, weedy far corner of the lot has appeal.

Wouldn't it work if you fence off a corner of the lot and stick the dog in there, get rid of the other pee marker and wait for dog to piss in the corner?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 February 06, 12:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you kill autonomous mopping, we'll be left with these puddles by the mail box.
No we won't. Because I also linked the pee puddle's outdoor behavior to the rain evaporation behavior, so they disappear if outdoors like rain puddles do. Srsly, Cwkyes. You must think I'm as dumb as you look, not to have thought of that already. Silly Cwykes.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 February 06, 18:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nonetheless, I wish there was some way to place or move a marker where I wanted it. Having a brown, weedy far corner of the lot has appeal.

Wouldn't it work if you fence off a corner of the lot and stick the dog in there, get rid of the other pee marker and wait for dog to piss in the corner?

Yeah, that's what I'm going to have to do.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: