More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:21:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Playsets & Toys
| | | |-+  Salvaged Stories Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Salvaged Stories Crap  (Read 512027 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Salvaged Stories Crap
« Reply #350 on: 2009 March 24, 18:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The machete and the staff? Both objects are inert inside the actual game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simtwofan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2009 March 24, 18:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The machete and the staff? Both objects are inert inside the actual game.

Inert ? What do you mean ?  Huh Undecided

Oh, and i didn't mean the machette (but why not Tongue) but the plant that we can cut.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 24, 18:47:45 by simtwofan » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2009 March 24, 19:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inert, as in, they do nothing. The machete is an accessory, and the staff is purely a prop for the plotline, it doesn't actually have a function in-game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simtwofan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2009 March 24, 19:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh  Sad Okay.. And there is no way to make them work ?  Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2009 March 24, 22:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's possible to make things functional, but this would be extrapolating their function beyond what is in CS and imbuing them with entirely new, custom functions made up from scratch.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2009 March 24, 23:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is somehow boring. Maybe you can modify those objects, so for example sims can build dance skills with the limbo. Or make the cauldron moar useful as you can cook sims with it (like the Baby Roaster). Grin
...Now I am envisioning babby soup.
As I recall, there was some discussion about making an object like the babbyque, but for pets or neighbors, but that idea was shot down because of the multitude of meshes involved. Soup might actually be a good work-around for that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2009 March 25, 00:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone made a vat of boiling sharks already.

simtwofan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2009 March 25, 08:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's possible to make things functional, but this would be extrapolating their function beyond what is in CS and imbuing them with entirely new, custom functions made up from scratch.

So, if i understand, that's mean a lot of work  Cheesy
But do you think someone is able to make them ?
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2009 March 27, 10:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a little problem with the instruments. It is possible for the player join to other instruments ( piano or bass for example) but not possible the other instruments join to cs instruments.
They are waiting and doing nothing. Is without Argon instrument by proxy hack and with too. I have only ls quitar and cs drums as custom instruments.
Please, say only it is o.k. or is only in my game. 
« Last Edit: 2009 March 27, 13:08:59 by Heli » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2009 March 27, 14:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect it's a weird artifact of how the two instrument codes are increasingly divergent and incompatible, and there's not much that can be done.

Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2009 March 27, 14:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I understand,
big thanks for your answer and for all your work .
Leo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2009 April 03, 08:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a problem with the leaf pile bed. Having the ACR-Hack installed I always get an error message ("too many iterations") when the leaf pile bed is on the lot an an adult sim (I testet it only with an adult an a child) clicks on another adult. Probably some whoohoo-check?
No problem with any of the other CS beds.

Errorlog attached.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 03, 11:47:58 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2009 April 03, 11:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ACR does not properly account for the leaf bed. This is an ACR problem and there is nothing that can be done from here.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2009 April 04, 17:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've posted that same type of error log at TJ's site before only to be questioned if I was sure there was an error. Don't expect much help. It's one or the other.
Pandaah
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2009 April 05, 16:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ACR does not properly account for the leaf bed. This is an ACR problem and there is nothing that can be done from here.

Good news. Twojeffs will handle this in ACR 2.0. We can only hope it will work, so we can have both shiny things.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: 2009 April 30, 22:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a particular reason why 6s are unable to refill the Pet Stories food dish?  Could it be enabled for them?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2009 April 30, 22:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno. Lack of animations for them, no doubt. If the animations don't exist, the capability to do so similarly doesn't exist. After all, there aren't even any kids in the Stories games.

motherofseventy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2009 May 21, 17:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, preparing to run the gauntlet.

I've never played Castaway Sims except on the PSP and in that sims are able to harpoon salt water fish, tuna and shark come to mind, and dive for shellfish in the sea and then cook them.  I've searched here already and missed it if it's here, sorry.  Is it doable?
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2009 June 04, 01:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the Castaways items from this thread as well as most of the other castaways stuff that is available (thanks everyone). Suddenly, it's all missing from my catalogues. The only things still appearing are the hood decorations, and a few maxis recolours.

My old computer exploded and I have a new one, so everything was re-installed. In the process I decided to leave out Family Fun Stuff and see if I missed it. I transferred the DL folder and hood I was using for my castaways. I have checked many times that the items are in the right place, and nothing else in the DL folder has changed since switching computers.  I have cs corefuncs too.

Is it possible that FFS is required for the castaways objects to show? I haven't found it mentioned anywhere. I am loath to reinstall FFS just to check if that makes the stuff work again; it seems very unlikely. Anyone able to advise?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2009 June 04, 03:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the Castaways items from this thread as well as most of the other castaways stuff that is available (thanks everyone). Suddenly, it's all missing from my catalogues. The only things still appearing are the hood decorations, and a few maxis recolours.

My old computer exploded and I have a new one, so everything was re-installed. In the process I decided to leave out Family Fun Stuff and see if I missed it. I transferred the DL folder and hood I was using for my castaways. I have checked many times that the items are in the right place, and nothing else in the DL folder has changed since switching computers.  I have cs corefuncs too.

Is it possible that FFS is required for the castaways objects to show? I haven't found it mentioned anywhere. I am loath to reinstall FFS just to check if that makes the stuff work again; it seems very unlikely. Anyone able to advise?

I doubt they need FFS. Are any custom items showing up? Do you have objects from places other then here? What EPs do you have?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2009 June 04, 13:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it very unlikely; just not sure what to try next.

I am using Numenor's AnyGameStarter, with all EPs (except Pets). Of the Stuffpacks, only M&G at this moment, although I had FFS on the old computer.

I've used the AGS for a long time without trouble, and I already asked Numenor if the AGS could be causing the problem.  Numenor he can't explain it, especially since the downloads folder is being accessed in part.

In that AnyGame I have fairly minimal CC. Which means all sorts of hacks, mostly by Pescado, Twojeffs and Squinge, but nothing new since changing comps. The object-type CC is mostly castaway stuff from here, although there are other things too. Again, nothing new except for the complete re-install. Mainly I'm confused because the configuration hasn't changed and I can't see a reason for it to stop working.

The only CC I have found in-game is a few Eaxis-castaway recolours (from somebody here) and the castaway hood deco objects. Oh, and the castaway clothing seems to be working too.

I've just had yet another check in case I missed something, and there is no CC anywhere apart from those things. It's not just Castaway stuff, there are a number of other things missing, even hack objects like TJ's Blender and the Batbox.

So I'd better make a special  'borken, please help' thread I suppose. It's doesn't look like it is castaways-specific despite my hope that it was.
Morriganrant, thanks for your reply, it narrows down the possibilities at least.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2009 June 04, 21:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would try removing the anygame starter and testing, but first, remove your downloads folder, do something the generates a new one, such as installing a Sims2pack or running bodyshop and then copying and pasting the contents of the old folder into the new folder. Sometimes, for some off reason, this works. Also delete cache file. Make sure that the custom content is enabled and that you have it toggled to display custom in catalog, these options are in ...options. Restart the game a few times after turning these options on. It sometimes takes a while for it it take. I had to restart three times after M&G before my settings took. I think that my game may have been crashing as it was closing though.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2009 June 05, 07:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have fixed it at last.

I'd done most of the things you suggested already, but I did them again and a few other options as well. No change. In the end, though, I made a new Anygame, with all new files set up, and got a new DL folder with it. Putting my old CC in there seems to be working fine. I suppose I must have done something icky while updating the previous version and broken it.

Thanks for your advice.

Jade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2009 July 04, 20:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPe claims that cs_drums has a duplicate GUID to something in objects.package (I have all expansions and stuff packs).  Is this supposed to be the case, or is something that shouldn't be overwritten (or am I the only one who gets this report)?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2009 July 05, 03:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure it's just you.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: