More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 11:33:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Playsets & Toys
| | | |-+  Fruitbowl of Awesomeness: Death To All Nesses Edition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fruitbowl of Awesomeness: Death To All Nesses Edition  (Read 82837 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Fruitbowl of Awesomeness: Death To All Nesses Edition
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 05, 16:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unable to reproduce issue. Verify that you are using the current version, that the fruitbowl is not illegally placed on a shelf or with move_objects, and is accessible in the manner of a juicer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatarli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 05, 21:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloaded it yesterday, its away from everything and the action is disappearing on the way to the queue. The sim doesn't even try to do it.   
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 06, 18:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issue not reproduceable. Provide screenshot of config.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simergy
Asinine Airhead

I am in shape. Round is a shape.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 19, 15:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FEATURES:
Allows produce to be stored, sold in bulk packages at OFB businesses, and
dispensed in manageable doses, all while avoiding a laggy dialog if you
so choose. You can even sell them en-masse in a Dumb Ness-like manner.
Death to all Nesses.

I know this is over thirty days old, and I'm risking death and/or dismemberment, but I cannot figure out the fruitbowl to save my life.

I click on it and get one option, store.  I store a bunch of produce.  I click again.  I get one option, store.  I try left clicking and holding down shift.    I get one option, store.  I try right clicking.   I get one option, store.

So, figuring I must need to go to a deeper menu, I click on store.

I have a choice of all the different produce items, everything, and dialog.  I try dialog, my Sim has a bubble with a cooler above her head.  That fades, and no other options, she walks away.

Has my produce disappeared to the great farm in the sky? 

BTW, I did try my juicer and it showed me the four oranges and two lemons I already had in there.

Better safe than sorry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 19, 22:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A "cooler"? Cannot reproduce issue. It works fine in my game. Screenshots or logs.

OniRyo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 06, 00:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomeness Smiley Only thing i can think of to make it better is the make/serve options direct the sim to go to the nearest juicer and auto-stock/make the juice.... I hate the juicer's horrid non-awesome laggy and clunky dialog >.< JFade's mod at least makes checking what is stocked in it more tolerable....

Maybe a mod for the juicer to allow similar nice stocking functions? Smiley (assuming you don't want to mess with this one for the auto juicing... if you do you could always change the current option to 'get enough for...' or something... just an idea Smiley)
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 06, 01:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just verifying that this is a feature:

I can't seem to set my fruitbowls for sale, but when I tried it had nothing in it. I had to go do something else before I finished testing, but am I only allowed to set fruitbowls with fruit in them for OFB sale? Or am I being retarded with my for-sale clicking?

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 06, 01:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Selling the fruitbowls empty kinda gives them an assessed value of $0, so you can't really sell that.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 07, 09:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having problems selling all of the contents of my fruit bowl. It generates an error message as attached. I have tried with both large amounts of veggies and just a small amount but I can't sell either way.

I have the latest version dated 29 Jun 2007 (uploaded 30 Jun 2007)
« Last Edit: 2007 July 07, 10:50:30 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 07, 10:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 March 14, 13:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I am having issues with this since installing FT its giving no options what so ever. Please help. Thank You

Three possibilities:

1) Old version
2) Conflicting non-awesomeware
3) Neither is anything stored in the fruitbowl nor do your sims have anything in their inventory that can be stored -> no option available

My fruitbowl works as intended with FT.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 March 14, 16:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, are you certain you're clicking the CC fruitbowl? I was about to place a Fruitbowl of Awesomeness the other day when I realized I hadn't redownloaded it, but had found the statue from which it was cloned XD

INFP or something
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 March 14, 23:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I am positive that I have the right fruit bowl and I have all the same hacks that I did before FT and even before I put any other non awesome hacks in it didn't work. Also I re-downloaded all awesome hacks fresh to put into FT.

Did you remember that the fruitbowl is in the objects directory, not the hacks directory?  It's not part of the DC either.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 March 15, 08:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, that's the 4th possibility - check if you really do have the fruitbowl. Reminds me of when I had TJ's picture based visitor controller and forgot to put it back into the game after a new EP came out. The pictures were still on the lot, of course, but all I could do with them was "View" because they converted back to the Lady in Red.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 March 15, 21:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DC = Director's Cut, aka the moreawesomethanyou.zip.  There are a couple of hacks that don't appear in there because they're EP-specific, or modify your game in a way you may not want (i.e., zombieapoc).  None of the objects go in there either.  So if you just d/l the DC, you won't have everything.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 March 16, 00:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fallenangel what I meant was:

If you just downloaded the director's cut or just downloaded hacks from the hacks directory, then you may not have the fruitbowl hack in your game.  It is an object, and won't be found in the director's cut or the hacks directory on this site.  It can be found in the objects directory on this site - see the link in my previous post.

When you updated your hacks for Free Time, did you check the objects directory on this site for the Pescado hacks you use that are object-based?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
spammer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 January 29, 12:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I've got a question/request for this object.
I really hate that annoying dialog for storing produce in the Juicer cause it's so much micro-managed.
Just wanted to know/request three things:
1. Would it be possible for an object (like the fruit bowl) to manipulate the way another object (like the juicer) works at in-game-time when placed in game (for example: in the same room/lot) - so that if the fruit bowl is not placed the juicer would behave as always?
2. Would it be possible to let the juicer handle produce like the fridge handles fish - making a fish meal with fish in inventory as ingredient - making juice with produce in inventory as ingredient? That would get rid of the need of that damn dialog
3. If the above two were possible - would it be possible to combine them and bring out a new version of the so awesome fruit bowl?

I would find out and do it myself but - speaking for me - modding Sims 2 (understanding the code showed by Sim PE) is much harder then modding Oblivion/FO3.

I'm curiously looking forward to any reply.

Ah yes - sorry for my bad English - if it's hard to understand I would be pleased to try and explain again.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 January 30, 00:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Would it be possible for an object (like the fruit bowl) to manipulate the way another object (like the juicer) works at in-game-time when placed in game (for example: in the same room/lot) - so that if the fruit bowl is not placed the juicer would behave as always?
2. Would it be possible to let the juicer handle produce like the fridge handles fish - making a fish meal with fish in inventory as ingredient - making juice with produce in inventory as ingredient? That would get rid of the need of that damn dialog
3. If the above two were possible - would it be possible to combine them and bring out a new version of the so awesome fruit bowl?
This is POSSIBLE, but without very specific details of what you wanted EXACTLY, it is unclear as to how implementation would proceed. Since apparently you're the only one who knows what exactly you want, it seems that doing this is up to you.

spammer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 January 30, 03:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well actually I wanted to ask you if you could add this feature to your awesome fruitbowl (or maybe a new/optional object - for those who are not interested in the new feature?)

Example:
You place that awesome fruitbowl somewhere in the kitchen and at runtime the fruitbowl will modify/manipulate all available juicers in the kitchen (or specific area?)
to additionally use fruits/veggies/boots from the inventory of the active sim (possibly business owner also?) to make juice.

I hope this explanation is better. If not I'll give it another try.

Now that I think about it... wouldn't it be less work to create just a global hack which does the job...?

Looking forward to your reply.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 November 12, 10:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One question about selling fruits in bulk: Say, I want to sell differents kinds of packages (I intend to offer eggplants and apples as well as veggie juice packages). What about restocking? Will the restockers be able to tell them apart?

ETA: Excellent - thanks!
« Last Edit: 2010 November 12, 10:43:22 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 November 12, 10:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should. It's been awhile, but I believe that contingency is covered and the fruitbowls will actually restock themselves even from loose fruit or superbowls.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: