More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 21:21:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Well, that's ONE way to get out of doing the dishes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well, that's ONE way to get out of doing the dishes  (Read 7909 times)
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
Well, that's ONE way to get out of doing the dishes
« on: 2005 October 24, 18:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved Meadow Thayer in with one of my families just long enough to age her into an adult, call the taxi and move out. I moved her into a very small starter home where she's living alone, found her a job and set up house, so far, so good. Here's the problem: every time after she cooks and then eats, she can't pick up the plate to clean up. I can't even click on the plate, the arrow is just greyed out. I have deleted the dining room table, moved the table to another part of the house, nothing. If a plate is on the counter, the only option I get is to "grab a plate" or "eat", there isn't a "clean up" option. Out of curiosity, I had Joe Carr come over, made him selectable, had him prepare a meal for just himself while Meadow was napping, he ate and then I was able to click on the plate and him clean up (same table that Meadow couldn't clean a plate off of) the plate. He left, had Meadow prepare a meal, etc., same thing, she is unable to "clean up". I moved her out and back in but it didn't make any difference. Clearly it's some kind of issue with her and not the lot. Anyone ever have this? By the way, I turned on debug mode and not one error popped up. Ideas, anyone?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Well, that's ONE way to get out of doing the dishes
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 24, 18:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There have been a few times since NL that Pollination Technician #9 couldn't clean the dishes.  I still haven't figured out what the deal was.  No one else was queued to clean the dishes, others could clean the dishes he couldn't touch, and the problem only appears intermittently -- sometimes he can clean them, sometimes not.  I didn't submit a bug report because I couldn't document how to reproduce the error :-(

Phyllis

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 24, 21:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some problems with one of my sims being unable to clean up the dishes as well (NL + patch).  I know she didn't have the ability to clean up for several days.  I'm not sure if she's able to now - I'm so used to having her family members clean up after her that I keep forgetting to check!  This happened almost immediately after she aged to elder.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 25, 16:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...that is really odd. I've been either using "moveobjects on" to delete the table and buy a new one, which is a pain considering how many times in a sim day that needs to be done or having Meadow invite other sims over, making them selectable and then making them clean up the dishes.
Thanks for replying phyllisp and lynda...at least I know I'm not alone. Smiley

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 25, 17:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you could just influence random walkbys to clean up, or do you not have Uni? If you do't I'm sorry, pretend I never posted.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 25, 17:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well don't I feel like a dork? I do have Uni and I never even thought of that! Embarrassed 
What I'm really wanting is to figure out a "fix" for the problem rather then a workaround though because it's highly annoying. I seem to be having a lot of bugginess in my game lately and this is just one of the problems. blargh.

edited because spelling counts.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 25, 18:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem and someone on the official bbs did too.  I suggested to send that Sim downtown (because I thought it could have gotten stuck there) and suggested to try to clean-up dishes while there.  2 weeks later the person came back to me in my guestbook and told me that it worked, the sim was able to clean dishes there and when it came back it was able to clean-up dishes again at home.

I did not try it myself since I place a back-up after I notice 1 Sim was stuck.

I know it sounds like a dumb solution but if it works why not try it.  I guess you have nothing too loose.  If you try that please let me know if it did work or not I would appreciate. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2005 October 25, 20:46:29 by Missdoh » Logged
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 25, 23:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem.  Removing Inges ijNoCommunityPlateClearing patch appears to have solved it for me.

It started in a secret society lot, the breakfast bowl could not be moved, even with move_objects on.
I eventually found that forcing an error on the bowl and then deleting it (twice) would get rid of it.
It was as though there was a bowl inside the bowl  Huh

The problem also happened at the dorm, I didn't check other lot types.  I don't recall it happening to plates, but it may be that there weren't any "plate meals" when I had the problem.

Jason.

Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 25, 23:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was as though there was a bowl inside the bowl  Huh

That would be the food inside the bowl.  I had the same thing happen with a plate of pancakes (which made it a little more obvious that the food and the dish were separate objects).

---
Torkle
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 25, 23:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem with the base game and patch.  My sims couldn't clean up the dishes, but their maid could without a problem.  I think I finally just moved them to another house, which I was planning on anyway, then they never did that again.

By the way, you don't have to have Uni for the influence options.  They're in NL alone as well. Smiley

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 26, 21:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damndest thing...Last night I went into the lot where Meadow is living and even though I hadn't changed anything (taken out any hacks or moved her), she could clean up the plates. I have no idea why.  Huh

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 27, 01:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad though that your problem is hummm solve...  Cheesy 
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 27, 08:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love your avatar, Missdoh!

Which career is that outfit from?

INTJ
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 29, 22:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's from the Show-biz career.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 29, 22:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love your avatar, Missdoh!

Which career is that outfit from?

thanks, I don't take myself seriously so it is a way of showing it.

Like Andygal kindly said it is the showbiz carreer.  They look dumb on community lots wearing that uniform though....
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 30, 00:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a bigger picture of it here.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 30, 00:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damndest thing...Last night I went into the lot where Meadow is living and even though I hadn't changed anything (taken out any hacks or moved her), she could clean up the plates. I have no idea why.  Huh

Kelly, may be it's the pre-made house you put her in? JM said that pre-made houses cause troubles, because they don't fit each time the Expansion Pack.

Just try to build for her your own starter house, and tell us the consequences.

I had it once, playing Uni, when I couldn't order Tank to train body in the body-train reward. It was an hacked object from the Carrigon buyable rewards collections; he couldn't have it, because he was in the beginning of his carreer. Suddenly, in the middle of the game, I couldn't order Tank to body-train with the hacked reward - so I removed it, saved and exited. When I enterred back - everything worked fine. I put again the body-train object, and now I couldn't order him to do anything, even not "go here" - Tank was "out" for me.
Again I deleted the body-train object, saved and exited, returned - and all worked again fine...Smiley.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 31, 06:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing NL I had some oddities with the food and dishes too. If I'd saved a house with plates of food out on the table before installing NL, when I went back to that house after NL, they would be set out just the same but inedible - I only got the option to "Resume Cooking" on each platter or to Clean Up. In addition, in one house, maybe more, the Chef Salad was hovering in an inverted cone shape above the plate, point down. So strange. It cleaned up okay, though, but it looked weird. I wish I still had the picture...
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 31, 16:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kelly, may be it's the pre-made house you put her in? JM said that pre-made houses cause troubles, because they don't fit each time the Expansion Pack.

Just try to build for her your own starter house, and tell us the consequences.

I had it once, playing Uni, when I couldn't order Tank to train body in the body-train reward. It was an hacked object from the Carrigon buyable rewards collections; he couldn't have it, because he was in the beginning of his carreer. Suddenly, in the middle of the game, I couldn't order Tank to body-train with the hacked reward - so I removed it, saved and exited. When I enterred back - everything worked fine. I put again the body-train object, and now I couldn't order him to do anything, even not "go here" - Tank was "out" for me.
Again I deleted the body-train object, saved and exited, returned - and all worked again fine...Smiley.

It was a house I d/l from Simsestates2, cute little starter home. After I moved George McCarthy in, Meadow could clean up plates. I still have no idea what the problem was. After George and Meadow had a baby I moved them into another home. I need to move someone else into that starter home and see what happens so I can find out if it was the house or just some glitch with Meadow.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: