More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 08:54:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  corrupt computer?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: corrupt computer?  (Read 2677 times)
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
corrupt computer?
« on: 2005 October 31, 16:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having problems for the last few weeks of sims "jumping" out of actions. I suspected a hack but as it wasn't too bad, I just kind of ignored it. Finally it reached a point of making the game just about unplayable so I decided yesterday to go through my hacks and see what was causing it. It seems to be the Insiminator that was causing the jumping problem, so I removed it with much hand-wringing and cursing. All well and good, right? Wrong. In every house I have a computer in, if I just mouse over the computer (not even selecting it for an action), whichever sim I had selectable at the time, resets or "jumps" out of whatever they were doing. I ran the debug mode and everytime I moused over the computer it popped up an error box along the the lines of my documents/txt_77029 (sorry I'm at work and can't recall what it said exactly).

In addition to this, in the Pleasant household (where I did have a computer upstairs but deleted it after I noticed this problem) if anyone goes upstairs, they won't come back downstairs. If I direct them to do something downstairs, they just stand there and the action disappears out of their queue. The FFS lots debugger isn't coming up with any stuck kicky bags or anything else unusual and debug mode isn't coming up with any errors either.

So anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Other then pitch the whole damn game out the window. This whole "game" is starting to seem like a whole  lot of "work" to me.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: corrupt computer?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 31, 17:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In every house I have a computer in, if I just mouse over the computer (not even selecting it for an action), whichever sim I had selectable at the time, resets or "jumps" out of whatever they were doing.

Probably a no-autonomy hack for the computer.

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 31, 18:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't have the no-autonomy hack.  Undecided

Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 31, 18:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What hacks do you have in your game? I don't know if that is what's causing the problems, but it wouldn't hurt, just in case someone sees something wrong.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 31, 19:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only hacks I have are by JM, TwoJeffs, Inge, the Inteen and the Insim. However, I did remove the Insim. I'll have to wait until I get home tonight (stupid work) to go through a list of them.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: