More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 03:45:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Influence to garden - is there a hack to make them tend veg. plots?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Influence to garden - is there a hack to make them tend veg. plots?  (Read 4244 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Influence to garden - is there a hack to make them tend veg. plots?
« on: 2008 January 29, 13:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've added a big vegetable plot and orchard to one of my greek houses intending to run it with free pledge labour, but I'm not seeing 'influence to garden' on the pie menu.  Am I doing something stupid or is it really not there?
« Last Edit: 2009 March 31, 12:54:33 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Influence to garden - do you get that option in greek houses?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 29, 13:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Visitors (including pledges) can't do farming.  All you can influence them to do is normal gardening, like watering flowers and trimming shrubs.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 31, 00:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could have sworn that visitors have watered and weeded my farm fields before, after finishing watering the flowers. Now I'm not sure if that ever really happened. It's possible they were live-ins and not visitors at the time.

Maybe add a couple of flower beds and see if you'll get a menu that way?

Fail.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 31, 23:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talk about useless. You'd think they'd have added an influence for the real gardening. I mean, seasons added the influence thing and the LTWs, so they should have.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 02, 18:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Lord Darcy nailed it in one - my Greek house didn't have any 'normal' garden items, so 'influence to garden' didn't come up.  I have used visitors to rake leaves though; neat sims even rake leaves spontaneiously!

If you can get the pledges to clean the house from top to bottom at the level of their cleaning skill, they ought to be able to water the veg plot and tend any overgrown plants even if they have no gardening badges!  Is there a hack out there anywhere for it?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 30, 11:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One year later - I've got another greek house with a vegetable garden and still can't use influence to get those pledges to weed and water them.  Is there a hack out there?  Surely I'm not the only one who wants to influence visitors to garden properly?

sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Influence to garden - is there a hack to make them tend veg. plots?
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 04, 10:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not the only one. Haven't seen such a hack though.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: