More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 20:39:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Extra Template Creation Woes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Extra Template Creation Woes  (Read 5372 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Extra Template Creation Woes
« on: 2008 January 21, 22:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm following the directions from here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,3996.msg113629.html#msg113629 to create a template based off of Prospect University, because I made it in a night and I like it enough to use it in the future. I'm having issues. When I've followed all the steps outlined, I can view the template as an option from the Create University screen. I can choose it and click on the checkmark. Then I get the loading screen and it crashes. No biggie, others reported this issue. I then go back into the game and am able to load the university 'hood, but there are no lots. The lots are clearly in the template. They were all renamed with the correct subhood number (U009). However, they are nowhere to be found.

Ideas from anyone who has recently tried this method? This happens both on my hack-packed account as well as my hack-free testing account.

« Last Edit: 2008 January 23, 01:47:21 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Extra Template Creation Woes
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 23, 01:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one? *pulls a sad face* I was going to share.

Yes, I bumped. I suck. I only ever do it once.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 23, 03:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I haven't done it recently.

However, did you read my post in that thread, about Number ID needing to be unique? And needing to delete Version Number?

What I would try is this:

Create a dummy 'hood and attach about 10 universities to it. Rip Number ID out of the last Uni you attached. Use this as the Number ID for your extra template. Delete Version Number from your extra template.

That's the only advice I have... I never really worked with adding extra templates, just replacing existing Maxis ones.

The missing lots glitch is one of the glitches I encountered while making my merged neighborhood, until I figured out the necessity of ripping out a valid ID Number.

Was the template created post-Pets or post-Seasons? It could be the extra crappy stealthy subhoods  that get attached to every newly created neighborhood leaving crap inside the neighborhood file, making it incompatible as a subhood template.

Fail.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 23, 04:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good thoughts, but no dice.

I'd set the ID number to a random number before. This time I tried adding five Uni's to a 'hood and copying the ID number from the fifth. I then deleted the version id information. Same crash. Same missing lots.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 23, 04:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked that the lot files are being properly copied/renamed as they're merged into the Lots folder of the main neighborhood? It could be a problem with the game for some reason incorrectly handling those lots. I mean, clearly something's going wrong with the attachment process if the neighborhood loads but there are no lots. It might not be copying them over at all, or incorrectly renaming them, or something.

Fail.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 23, 05:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not copying them over at all. Doi! Should have noticed that before.

I'll retry making the 'hood from the beginning (all the lots are in my bin as well as packaged) tomorrow night, and see if not changing the lot names will help. It shouldn't...that should confuse the heck out of the game, but it's crashing regardless.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 25, 16:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Checkback: It didn't work. Ah well.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 26, 04:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you want to try sending it to me? I could look at it.

Sounds kinda borked though.

Fail.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 26, 13:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you get down to my posts about having to start from a 'hood rather than a sub-hood?  Lechapeau and I were working on a new downtown before Christmas i.e. before BV and the method was still working then. 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 26, 19:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't. Apparently my reading comprehension has regressed to a 2nd grade level. I'll retry that, after I've done a few other quick projects I had slated for today.

SaraMK, it may be moot, but the files are here: http://www.4shared.com/dir/5469520/13015d71/Prospect_University.html
The Downloads upload should be completely optional. Just a bunch of flowers, wallpapers, and roof recolors.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 26, 20:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll take a look, but I think cwykes is right and that was the problem.

Fail.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 27, 04:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No go. It was actually worse this time, creating the 'hood as the main and then copying and renaming the files and doing the rest of the necessary tasks. The game crashed on uni creation and this time didn't even create the terrain. Maybe it's just Universities...it has to have a bunch of added coding that just isn't cooperating when creating an extra template.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 28, 12:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran a test with Motoki a long time back and we were able to make a uni.  Haven't tried it recently, but we know you could still make a downtown before Christmas and BV.  I'll look at the files for you if you give me a link - i didn't find them on the link 2 posts ago.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: