More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:25:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is it possible to uninstall a patch ONLY?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it possible to uninstall a patch ONLY?  (Read 3185 times)
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
Is it possible to uninstall a patch ONLY?
« on: 2008 January 19, 18:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to uninstall a patch without doing the uninstall/reinstall dance with the whole game?  Probably not (at least not that I can find) but I thought I ought to ask to make sure I'm not missing something.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Is it possible to uninstall a patch ONLY?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 19, 20:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would have thought that merely manually replacing the files for the ep in question would do it. I could be completely wrong, but it makes logical sense.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 20, 07:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

System restore maybe? Or just like morriganrane said, manually replace the files, although I don't think it's worth the hassle. I'd reinstall the game instead.
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 20, 20:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, thanks for the advice.  I have no idea how to manually replace the files, though.  Could someone please point me in the direction of a tutorial?  I would actually rather not reinstall because the latest backup I have is pre-TSS.  Wouldn't have the patch anyway if my dear SO didn't decide to be "helpful".  Roll Eyes
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 21, 00:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's easy to manually replace the files, you just pull them from the cd and let them overwrite the others. Just pull the contents of the cd to a file on your desktop unzip the ones that need unzipping. I don't have a cd in the drive right now nor  the time to give an example but I promise that it is easy. I had to figure it out for myself and did well, I'm sure you can. I haven't seen a tutorial for it anywhere.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 21, 00:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't it be simpler to just backup your files and then uninstall/reinstall the latest EP?  Patches don't touch the files for other EP's, and almost everything the game only calls upon the files for the latest pack.  Uninstalling and reinstalling everything else is just wasting your time.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: