More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 19:21:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  kids can't be taken to school in the family car
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: kids can't be taken to school in the family car  (Read 7818 times)
cocomo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
kids can't be taken to school in the family car
« on: 2008 January 07, 17:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem that I'm having is that the parents are unable to take their children to school in the family vehicle.  This problem occurs on all lots.  The kids can drive themselves to school, but they can't be taken to school in a car.  I thought that it might have been a hack, but I removed my hack folder and the problem still existed.  Was thinking about installing the patch because not only am I having this problem I also can't invite houseguests over, but I'm scared to death over that patch.  Can anyone help me out?
bekka
Blathering Buffoon

Now with 10% more visibility!

View Profile
Re: kids can't be taken to school in the family car
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 07, 18:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can reassure you  on one point:  the patch will not help with your problem as I have patched my game VERY carefully and have exactly the same problem you do at the moment.  Wish I could help more.

This must be what going mad feels like.
cocomo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 07, 22:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. Undecided
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 08, 00:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that problem as well since BV. I have had two kids miss the school bus, and because they were children they couldn't drive. Both lost a grade as a result. It is good to know I am not the only one, too.  Tongue
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 08, 02:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, this is precisely why a 'walk to school' hack is required. Cheesy

I don't have many cars in my game, so if they miss the bus, they miss school. In a perfect (for me) world, they'd all just walk to school & no bus would be had.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 08, 02:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pssh. School busses. In *MY* day, we had to WALK to school, uphill and against the wind both ways, and the Japanese would try to bomb us! AND WE LIKED IT!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 08, 04:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pssh. School busses. In *MY* day, we had to WALK to school, uphill and against the wind both ways, and the Japanese would try to bomb us! AND WE LIKED IT!

Well, there you go, then. Make the walk-to-school hack and make it so it bombs all their motives.

Fail.
Juby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 08, 04:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except for fun, because THEY LIKED IT!
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 08, 04:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there you go, then. Make the walk-to-school hack and make it so it bombs all their motives.

Except for popularity sims & sims with high body - those bastards ENJOY it. Wink

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Kattan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 08, 16:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except for popularity sims & sims with high body - those bastards ENJOY it. Wink

Oh Christ on wheat crackers, hope they aren't high on outgoing as well; I doubt there'd be anything quite as annoying as kids walking to school doing the Fonz "thumbs up Cheesy!" walk the whole way there and back....

I deny your earth-logic and substitute my own!
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 09, 13:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the same problem, even before BV, with all cars. The only time i've been able to get the "Take to school..." option was when it was snow day.  Roll Eyes
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 10, 14:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked in my game yesterday and it's working for me.  I now have all EPs and SPS and a lot of awesome hacks. That means it's probably CC related or lot specific.  As no-one has come up with any obvious suspects, you probably need to test it out the hard way.  Is it true on all lots?  does it happen with all CC removed in a virgin hood?  Is it fixed in a FFS hack you don't have?  Sorry not to be able to help.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 10, 18:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After testing it some more, I get the option in a clean game, and even in a game with all my hacks and no custom content. Even with my custom cars as well. The thing is, when I first move a family to a lot, the parents can take the kids to school. But after that the option isn't available anymore. Unless it's a snow day as I stated before. Sometimes one parent will have the option, and I cycle to the other, and they won't. I've had it for a while so i'm over it. It's just annoying, and I wish it was more consistent so I could track the conflict down.  Undecided
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 11, 13:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you force an error on the car, does the option come back?  I know that doesn't ID the problem, but does it work as a fix?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 11, 23:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing earlier in a house with mom, dad, 3 kids. This is in my regular hood, with all my hacks. 8 am rolled around, I x'ed out the school bus from each of the kids queue, mom still didn't get the option to take them to school. But the teens did have the "Take to school.." option. It just the adults that never have the option.  Undecided  Next time i'm in game i'll try forcing an error on the car.  Smiley
zsangel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 12, 01:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Christ on wheat crackers, hope they aren't high on outgoing as well; I doubt there'd be anything quite as annoying as kids walking to school doing the Fonz "thumbs up Cheesy!" walk the whole way there and back....

Grin I can just picture my sims doing that to. *shudder*
Kattan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 16, 19:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin I can just picture my sims doing that to. *shudder*

YES. It's scary for me to think about since in my legacy house, all three teenagers have high outgoing. It's a constant "Thumbs Up!" fest as it is. On the plus side, their dad is a lazy bastard and just gives them that blank-eyed stare from the couch whenever they all start up at once....

I deny your earth-logic and substitute my own!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: